Soul Devourer Chapter 6 Episode 45 — A Direct Appeal to the Guildmaster
After spending some time watching the scenery pass by outside the window, the car gradually slowed before eventually coming to a complete stop.
“Hunter Matsubara, we've arrived at Hunter's Guild Headquarters.”
“Understood.”
Ivan got out from the driver's seat and opened the rear door for me.
“Thank you.”
After a brief word of gratitude, I stepped out of the car and passed through the building's automatic entrance doors.
I headed straight for the reception counter and was about to speak to the receptionist, a woman beautiful enough to be mistaken for a model or actress, when my gaze drifted to her ear.
So she has a《Language Translation Earring》...
Since《Language Translation Earrings》were only Rare-grade items, it wasn't unusual for an ordinary receptionist to possess one.
“Good afternoon, my name is Yuito Matsubara. I've come from Japan to conquer dungeons. I have urgent business with the Guildmaster. Could you please inform him immediately?”
“May I see your Hunter ID, just to confirm?”
“Of course.”
After checking the Hunter ID I handed over, the receptionist operated the terminal on her desk and quietly spoke into the microphone extending from her headset.
Then…
“I shall guide you there.”
The receptionist stood up and led us to the Guildmaster's office.
We rode an elevator, walked down a long corridor, and eventually stopped before a massive set of doors.
Knock✴ Knock✴ Knock✴
“Sir, I have brought Hunter Matsubara.”
“Enter.”
“Excuse us.”
After receiving permission, the receptionist opened the doors and ushered us into the office.
“Hunter Matsubara… and Vlas is with you as well? ...My apologies. Please have a seat on that sofa.”
“Thank you.”
Vlas and I sat down on the reception sofa, while Ivan remained standing behind us.
“So then, what brings you here?”
Prompted by the Guildmaster, I immediately got to the point.
“Twice now, I have been attacked inside dungeons by the man sitting beside me, Vlas.
…
The first time, he brought dozens of S-Rank hunters with him. The second time, he was accompanied by two other members of the〈Semi-Tsar〉, Kiel and Zahaar.”
“W-What...!?”
The Guildmaster was left speechless.
“On the soil of an allied nation, I was targeted for assassination by members of Russia's foremost combat force,〈Semi-Tsar〉.
…
I would like to know whether this represents Russia's collective will or merely the independent actions of Vlas and his associates. Either way, I wish to hear how Russia intends to address this matter.”
“………I understand the situation. Before anything else, Vlas. Is it true that you joined forces with Kiel and Zahaar to attack Hunter Matsubara?”
“Make sure you answer truthfully.”
“Yes. It's true.”
“…And why?”
“I couldn't tolerate a paltry〘Regalia〙from a weak nation treating Ekaterina-sama, who reigns as a true〘Regalia〙in our great hunter nation, as an equal.
…
And there was also his attitude of looking down on us. That's why I planned to eliminate him inside a dungeon and make it look like an accident.”
With the expression of a man forced to swallow something bitter, Vlas calmly stated his reason.
In truth, he probably wanted to keep silent.
However, under the maxed-out【Infestation】, he could not disobey my commands.
Even after finishing his explanation, he remained looking down, clearly frustrated beyond measure.
“…I see. Then the attack on Hunter Matsubara was carried out entirely of your own personal will?”
“That's correct.”
“...Hunter Matsubara. I sincerely apologize for this incident.”
The Guildmaster let out a deep breath before continuing.
“To formally report this matter and discuss our response moving forward, I will summon Ekaterina and other members of〈Semi-Tsar〉. Would you mind waiting for a short while?”
“Understood.”
After receiving my consent, the Guildmaster returned to his desk and took a mobile terminal from one of the drawers.
Then he began contacting them one by one.
—————————
—————————
——————
E/N:
Thanks to GM being a sensible person. Ivan must've been shocked, though 😂. Also, I don't think Vlas is gonna reform… Let's see.
Stay tuned!
——————
——————————
Check out my other translations -
——————————
Comments