Soul Devourer Chapter 6 Episode 44 — A Welcome Miscalculation
While traveling to Hunter Guild Headquarters, I finished reviewing my newly acquired skills and turned my attention to my remaining surplus experience.
━━━━━━━━━━
Conversion: Surplus Experience
2,603,151,194
━━━━━━━━━━
After defeating two members of the〈Semi-Tsar〉, 110 Argos and Hecatoncheirs combined, and finally〈Colossus King〉Chrysaor, I had accumulated roughly 2.6 billion surplus experience points.
It was enough to max out seven skills.
I had already decided on three of them.
『Skill【Axemanship】Lv.10 (MAX) UP』
『Skill【Katana Arts】Lv.10 (MAX) UP』
『Skill【Flashdraw】Lv.10 (MAX) UP』
With this, some kind of Extra Skill should be unlocked... or so I expected.
As for the remaining four skills, I chose them from the «Monster-type» category.
『Skill【Infestation】Lv.9 UP』
『Skill【Infestation】Lv.10 (MAX) UP』
『Skill【Instant Regeneration】Lv.10 (MAX) UP』
『Skill【Heaven Sunder】Lv.10 (MAX) UP』
Increasing the abilities of the maggots I generated, improving regeneration speed, and boosting the power of my finishing blow; I raised each skill according to its intended purpose.
The remaining surplus experience was 389,583,194.
That was enough to max out one more Level 9 skill.
However, none of them stood out as particularly urgent.
Then a certain skill caught my eye.
『Skill【Evasion】Lv.10 (MAX) UP』
With that, the allocation of surplus experience was complete.
Next, I took out the《Orb of Skill Paragon》from my《Magic Pouch》.
Vlas of the〈Semi-Tsar〉sat beside me.
However, he was currently under my control.
Even if he used【Appraisal】to inspect the item's details, his life and death remained entirely in my hands.
There was no problem.
When I held my hand over the crystal, its surface glowed faintly, and a translucent window unfolded in the air.
━━━━━━━━━━
Integrable Skills
※Integration Requirement: All skills to be integrated must be Lv.10
【Martial Arts】+【Kigong Arts】+【Ki Surge】+【Impulse】+【Swordsmanship】+【Axemanship】+【Bowmanship】+【Shieldmanship】+【Spearmanship】+【Katana Arts】+【Flashdraw】=【Battle Master】
【Flashstep】+【Evasion】=【Blink】
※Integrated skills are treated as separate categories and cannot be used for【Conversion】.
Begin skill integration? (YES / NO)
━━━━━━━━━━
Regarding the «Combat-type» skills, I had expected some sort of Extra Skill to be unlocked.
But for a second one to appear simultaneously…
That was a welcome surprise.
“...«YES»”
『Extra Skill Acquired【Battle Master】』
『Extra Skill Acquired【Blink】』
I checked their details.
━━━━━━━━━━
【Battle Master】
- Provides major enhancements to close-combat techniques using involving weapons and bare hands;
- Allows manual activation of【Peerless】.
—————————
※【Peerless】
- Each time an opponent is defeated, all stats increase, indefinitely;
- Each increase equals the defeated opponent's level;
- Stat boost only remain effective while the skill is active. Once deactivated, all stats return to their original values.
Cooldown: 1 day
—————————
【Blink】
- Allows movement at a speed equal to Agility × 8;
- Restrictions such as “straight-line movement only” and “only while fleeing” have been completely removed, allowing unrestricted movement in any direction.
━━━━━━━━━━
First was【Battle Master】.
The substantial correction to my close-combat techniques would apparently refine my skills even further.
The martial arts I had continually trained would become sharper than ever.
Then there was the attached skill,【Peerless】.
Though its effects lasted only while active, my attributes would continue increasing indefinitely with every enemy I slew.
Eventually, I could quite literally overwhelm ten thousand enemies alone.
Of course, against an army of that scale, wide-area annihilation magic would probably be faster.
Still, in situations where my mana reserves were nearly depleted, this ability would truly shine.
Next was【Blink】.
In addition to greatly enhancing Agility, it completely removed all the restrictions that had been imposed on【Flashstep】and【Evasion】.
Moreover, like【Invictus】, it had no time limit.
There was no downside to keeping it active constantly.
And when combined with【Invictus】, Agility would be ×64 …
Approaching the speed I possessed before being weakened.
At least where speed was concerned, I could confidently claim the advantage.
This batch of Extra Skills was another excellent result.
Feeling a quiet satisfaction at the steadily accumulating power, I simply watched the scenery flow past outside the car window as we continued toward Hunter Guild Headquarters.
—————————
—————————
——————
E/N:
I love these Extra Skills but the repertoire is shrinking from the normal skills. I hope monster skills could get integrated!
Stay tuned!
——————
——————————
Check out my other translations -
——————————
Comments