Soul Devourer Chapter 6 Episode 43 — A Thirty-Two Fold Sword Strike
Having finished conquering the dungeon, I returned to the surface via the return magic circle.
Passing through the plaza crowded with hunters, I headed toward Ivan.
“Sorry to keep you waiting, Ivan-san.”
“Hunter Matsubara, welcome back. I see Vlas-sama is with you as well. Were you planning to meet up inside the dungeon?”
“Yes. The members of the〈Semi-Tsar〉are all quite busy, so we agreed to meet up whenever we had time. Thanks to that, we were able to gauge each other's abilities. It was a productive experience.”
“I see… hmm? Aren't Kiel-sama and Zahaar-sama with you?”
“Yes. The two of them apparently wanted to do a bit more leveling, so they're staying behind to hunt monsters a little longer. As for us, we're heading to Hunter's Guild Headquarters now.”
“Understood. Then let's go sell your materials first.”
Together with Ivan, I headed to the guild branch office and had him handle the sales procedures.
At the location designated by the staff, I took out the corpses of the Argos and Hecatoncheirs from my《Magic Pouch》, along with Chrysaor's materials, and lined them up.
After the appraisal was completed, the purchase price came to 1,188,360,013 rubles; roughly 2.4 billion yen.
Leaving the guild branch office, we returned to the parked vehicle, where Ivan confirmed our destination once more.
“Then, instead of another dungeon, shall we proceed to Hunter's Guild Headquarters?”
“Yes, please.”
…Then I realized something.
“Ivan, please wait a moment.”
“Understood.”
After receiving his approval, I activated【Void Magic】and sent Samuel and the others back to the Troll Dungeon.
“Sorry to keep you waiting.”
“R-Right...”
Ivan widened his eyes in surprise, but quickly regained his composure and opened the rear passenger door.
I got in first, followed by Vlas, who took the seat beside me.
After closing the door, Ivan moved to the driver's seat and started the engine.
The car quietly pulled away.
♦︎♢♦︎♢♦︎♢♦︎♢♦︎♢
Since it would take some time to reach Hunter Guild Headquarters, I opened my status window and began reviewing the details of my newly acquired skills.
━━━━━━━━━━
【Drain Touch】Lv.8
- Absorbs part of the remaining mana of the target by touching the target with the palms of hands;
Absorption amount: 8% of remaining mana.
Magic Power +8
【Panoptes】Lv.10 (MAX)
- Allows the skill-holder to perceive a target's condition, emotions, habits, muscle movements, shifts in center of gravity, and weaknesses;
- Higher levels reveal more information.
Intelligence +10
【Deathgrip】Lv.10 (MAX)
- Allows the skill-holder to grasp a target with the grip strength of a hundred giant arms;
Effective duration: 10 seconds
Strength +10
【Instant Regeneration】 Lv.9
- Instantly regenerates wounds and missing body parts;
Time required for complete regeneration: 2 seconds
Agility +9
【Heaven Sunder】 Lv.9
- When performing an overhead sword strike, Strength × 3.9;
- Unleashes a blow capable of splitting the heavens and sundering the earth.
Strength +9
━━━━━━━━━━
【Drain Touch】, obtained from the No-Life King.
As the name implied, it was a skill that absorbed mana through physical contact.
The absorption rate was low, but it had neither a cooldown nor a usage limit. As long as contact could be maintained, it could theoretically drain mana forever.
That said, placing one's palm on an opponent during battle was hardly natural. Simply making contact in the first place would not be easy.
【Panoptes】, obtained from Argos, was an extremely useful combat skill.
(E/N: Lore behind this skill name is from Greek Mythology, from a creature referred to as Argus Panoptes, do check it out!)
The most significant benefits were its ability to perceive “muscle movements and shifts in center of gravity” and to identify “weaknesses”.
The former allowed me to predict an opponent's movements before they happened, while the latter provided an efficient means of disabling them.
Of course, when compared to【Warp】 or【Void Magic】, there would still be situations where its advantages seemed less impressive.
Then there was【Deathgrip】, acquired from the Hecatoncheir.
Rather than directly increasing Strength stat, it seemed to grant absurd grip strength itself.
It appeared capable of crushing any body part it seized, but much like【Drain Touch】, the awkward nature of its activation meant opportunities to use it would likely be limited.
【Instant Regeneration】, obtained from Chrysaor, was essentially a superior version of the【Regeneration】skill I had acquired from Trolls.
While【Regeneration】healed faster as its level increased,【Instant Regeneration】specified a fixed completion time.
And that time was only 2 seconds.
From an opponent's perspective, it would happen almost instantly.
The visual impact alone would likely cause psychological shock and place me at a significant advantage.
Finally, the second skill acquired from Chrysaor,【Heaven Sunder】.
Separate from【Physical Boost】and【Herculean Strength】, it multiplied Strength stat by roughly 4 times.
When wielded by a monster bearing a King's title, it would truly produce a sword strike capable of cleaving heaven and earth apart.
But what if I used it?
Eight-fold enhancement from【Invictus】and four-fold enhancement from【Heaven Sunder】.
The instantaneous power of the sword strike would jump to thirty-two times normal.
A technique worthy of a one-hit kill.
I'll make【Heaven Sunder】my finishing move and simply use the skill's name as the technique's name.
Having finished reviewing my new skills, I shifted my gaze to the remaining amount of surplus experience points.
—————————
—————————
——————
E/N:
The God needs to be cleaved with that finishing attack 😂! Wait for Yuito, you Idi-god!
Stay tuned!
——————
——————————
Check out my other translations -
——————————
Comments