Soul Devourer Chapter 6 Episode 41 — Defeating〈Colossus King〉Chrysaor

After exterminating fifty Argos and fifty Hecatoncheirs, I finally discovered the entrance leading to the Boss room.

Peering inside, I found a broad stone staircase descending deep beneath the exposed earth.

After making my way down the wide steps, I emerged into the familiar long stone corridor.

Advancing through the torchlit hallway, I pushed open the massive door to the Boss chamber.

Stepping into the field beyond and proceeding forward casually, eleven spheres of light suddenly descended from overhead.

The orbs flashed brilliantly; five Argos, five Hecatoncheirs, and… one small monster appeared.

Whereas the Argos and Hecatoncheirs stood ten meters tall, this monster was only around two meters in height, comparable to Tamuel and Nox.

Yet the savage aura emanating from it vastly surpassed that of the Argos and Hecatoncheirs.

And there was something else.

My gaze was naturally drawn toward the golden longsword it carried.

Even【Appraisal】couldn't reveal its details.

It was probably a weapon exclusive to monsters.

Perhaps that longsword would appear as a dungeon-clear reward.

Next, I activated【Discernment】.

Like〈Pugilist King〉Hanuman, it had reached Level 100 and bore the King's title of〈Colossus King〉.

Nearly all of its skills were maxed out, and it possessed two new skills.


“Samuel, Tamuel, Nox. Eliminate the giant subordinates. Don't let them interfere with my fight against the boss.”


~squirm~wriggle~wriggle~squirm~

~clatter~clatter~clatter~clatter~

~~~~~


After issuing orders to Samuel and the others, I approached〈Colossus King〉Chrysaor.

Chrysaor also stepped forward quietly, his longsword hanging loosely at his side, his eyes fixed solely on me.

The distance between us steadily closed until I entered his range.

Chrysaor raised the longsword overhead-!

One slash…!

I raised the dagger in my right hand, held in a reverse grip, and caught the blade.

CLANG!

A sharp metallic ring echoed throughout the chamber.

Its power was proportional to its stats.

I could block it without issue.

Chrysaor stopped pressing forward, pulled the sword back, and then swept it horizontally.

A flash of steel glimmered to my left.

I intercepted it with the dagger in my left hand.

Despite being a monster of low intelligence, Chrysaor's expression twisted.

Then he gripped the sword with both hands and brought it down from above once more.


“...!”


The power was clearly different from before.

My dagger was gradually being forced back.

His Strength exceeded mine.


“You... activated enhancement-type skills, didn't you?”


Muttering that, I rechecked his status with【Discernment】.

【Physical Boost】,【Herculean Strength】, 【Dash】, 【Rampartification】…

It appeared he had activated several enhancement skills, amplifying his stats fourfold.

A usual King's title monster possessed attributes approaching 1,000.

At present, Chrysaor boasted stats exceeding 4,000.

Having temporarily surpassed even a〘Regalia〙, Chrysaor apparently intended to finish me here and now.

He swung his golden longsword with overwhelming force and speed, attacking relentlessly from above and from the sides.

I continuously deflected his powerful swordsmanship with a softer, more fluid style.

The assault was so fierce that there wasn't even an opening for a counterattack.

Then, with a sharp upward strike from below, my dagger was knocked away and my balance faltered.

I exposed a fatal opening.

Yet instead of targeting my defenseless torso, Chrysaor rapidly reset his stance and raised his sword overhead once more.

The golden radiance intensified.

The moment I saw that, I knew this was no ordinary attack.

I immediately activated【Invictus】.

My Strength increased eightfold, surpassing 24,000.

Just as before, I raised the dagger in my right hand and received the shining golden sword.

The instant the blades collided, it felt as though the shockwave of the clash exploded throughout the Boss chamber.

The power was tremendous.

The crater spreading beneath my feet testified to the force of that strike.

That attack had likely possessed power equivalent to a sword strike launched with my current Strength stat without enhancement.

The source was one of Chrysaor's new skills,【Heaven Sunder】.

I didn't know the details, but it belonged to in strength enhancement category.

If I hadn't activated【Invictus】, that attack might have been dangerous.

As expected, monsters at the〘Transcendent〙level could not be underestimated.

【Warp】«Activate»

Maintaining the stance from which I had blocked the sword, I instantly moved behind Chrysaor while he was losing his balance.

Then I swung the《Fly King's Soul Harvest》.

A flash of light streaked through the air, and Chrysaor's head flew from his shoulders.


『Skill Acquired【Instant Regeneration】Lv.9』

『Skill Acquired【Heaven Sunder】Lv.9』


The skill acquisition notifications signaled the end of the battle.


—————————
—————————

——————
E/N:

Heavens splitting attack was insane, if Yuito had his original status before nerf and add this skill into the fray… Would the Earth be split in half like an apple or cracked like a walnut? 😂

Also, if you're getting confused with the Extra skills like Invictus and Inviolable etc. Don't worry, this Volume is nearing it's end and there will be Information page available so… Invictus is basically integration of Physical Boost, Herculean Strength, Dash and Rampartification skills.

Stay tuned!

——————

——————————
Check out my other translations -



——————————


Previous       Table of Contents       Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Seems the Convenience Store Clerk Ossan That Got Dragged Into the Teleportation of an Entire Class Will Make Use of the Leftover Skills the Heroes Didn’t Want and Become the Strongest

Soul Devourer of Infinite Growth ~ Stealing Physical Stats and Skills from Monsters and Hunters to Ultimately Slay a God Through Infinite Growth ~

Konbini Ossan Volume 1 Chapter 25 – Herb Gathering and Skill Imbuing