Soul Devourer Chapter 6 Episode 40 — Two Types of Giant Monsters
I had successfully eliminated two members of the〈Semi-Tsar〉.
The Fourth-seat,〔Lance Master〕, Kir.
And the Third-seat,〔Shield Master〕, Zahaar.
Moreover, both possessed Unique Skills, so I was more than satisfied with the results.
I was certainly curious about the details of those Unique Skills, but I was still inside a dungeon.
For now, dungeon conquest took priority.
I walked over to the two corpses and stripped them of their《Magic Pouches》and equipment.
Leaving inspection for later, I stored everything inside my own《Magic Pouch》.
Then I headed toward the immobilized member of the〈Semi-Tsar〉, who remained standing motionlessly under my control, and quickly spoke.
“As for the reason behind the attack, I'll ask you about that later. Your name was... right, Vlas, wasn't it?”
“...”
**Nod.
“You'll quietly follow behind me. Attacking me is forbidden, and attacking my familiars is forbidden as well. You may engage monsters.”
“...Understood.”
For the moment, the situation had been settled.
That said, I couldn't yet conclude that this man was truly the mastermind.
I was also concerned about the movements of the other members of the〈Semi-Tsar〉, so I intended to continue conquering the dungeon while keeping【Eidolon】active.
“Samuel, Tamuel, Nox. As usual, let's aim for one hundred kills first!”
~wriggle~wriggle~wriggle~wriggle~
~clatter~clatter~clatter~clatter~
~~~~~
♦︎♢♦︎♢♦︎♢♦︎♢♦︎♢
Advancing across the barren land, I once again confronted the dungeon's monsters.
Much like the Goblin King and Kobold King dungeons, this dungeon contained two types of field monsters.
The first type was a giant monster standing roughly ten meters tall, with a heavily muscled physique.
Its entire body was covered in countless eyes.
The grotesque appearance instinctively stirred revulsion in anyone who saw it.
Its name was Argos.
The second type possessed a similar build, but countless enormous arms protruded from every part of its body.
It too was hideously grotesque.
Its name was Hecatoncheir.
Both were Level 90.
Monsters even stronger than the bosses of ordinary S-Rank dungeons.
Their skill levels were uniformly high, and each possessed one new skill.
Judging from their skill sets, they specialized in close-quarters combat.
However, from observing Samuel's battle earlier, Hecatoncheir employed a different tactic.
It smashed apart the ground with its giant arms and hurled the resulting debris.
The attack was powerful enough to force even Samuel's massive, sturdy body to recoil.
That said, neither possessed troublesome status ailment attacks or special abilities.
They could be dealt with through straightforward force.
【Slash Art】 activated — one flash!
The released slash tore through the air, effortlessly severing both Argos and Hecatoncheir.
Its momentum continued beyond them, carving a deep scar into the earth behind.
『Skill Acquired【Panoptes】Lv.9』
『Skill Acquired【Deathgrip】Lv.9』
Compared to the battle against the〈Semi-Tsar〉earlier, this fight ended almost too easily.
I bit into their powerful bodies, chewed through the tough flesh, and swallowed.
『Agility +5』
『Intelligence +5』
After storing the remaining corpses inside my《Magic Pouch》, I resumed walking.
While searching for the entrance leading to the boss room, I continued slaughtering Argos and Hecatoncheirs.
~
~
~
『Level 135 UP』
『Magic Power +5』
『Strength +1』
『Endurance +1』
『Agility +5』
『Intelligence +1』
『Spirit +1』
『Dexterity +5』
『Luck +1』
『Skill【Panoptes】Lv.10 (MAX) UP』
~
~
~
『Level 136 UP』
『Magic Power +5』
『Strength +5』
『Endurance +1』
『Agility +5』
『Intelligence +5』
『Spirit +1』
『Dexterity +5』
『Luck +1』
『Skill【Deathgrip】Lv.10 (MAX) UP』
After finally reaching a total of one hundred kills between the two species, I at last found the entrance leading to the boss room.
—————————
—————————
——————
E/N:
Would love to know what's going on inside Vlas' mind seeing Yuito bite onto the monster corpse 😂!
Stay tuned!
——————
——————————
Check out my other translations -
——————————
Comments