Soul Devourer Chapter 6 Episode 39 — Fierce Battle Against the〈Semi-Tsar〉

After neutralizing Vlas, one of the〈Semi-Tsar〉who had orchestrated the previous attack, with【Infestation】, I turned my gaze toward the remaining two.

After giving each of their weapons a quick glance, I decided to eliminate the slender spearman first.

Concealing my presence completely with【Eidolon】, I used【Void Magic】to teleport behind him.

Due to the nature of【Eidolon】, I would get revealed at the moment of attack. Moreover, I had just taken down one of his comrades using the exact same tactic.

The spearman remained vigilant. The instant he sensed my presence, he spun around sharply.

The moment I appeared, his spear shot straight toward my face.

Tilting my head aside to avoid it, I stepped forward and slid my dagger toward his neck.

However, the spear, swiftly retracted, intercepted the strike.

My left-hand dagger, held in a reverse grip, had been blocked.

Then I swung the dagger in my right hand, also held in a reverse grip, toward his throat.

But the spearman instantly leapt backward and evaded the attack.

He retreated to a distance that was clearly beyond the reach of his weapon and drew it back fully.


“Hm?”


Something about the spear felt off.


“...Is it shorter than when I saw it earlier?”


The long spear had transformed into a short spear.

Which only made it even less likely to reach me.

Then why is he drawing it back so dramatically while standing outside effective range?

While my thoughts filled with questions, the spearman thrust the short spear forward without hesitation.

In the next instant, the spearhead was right in front of me.

The extension speed was absurd.

I immediately activated【Void Magic】.

Just as I attempted another surprise attack from behind the spearman, I sensed a presence rapidly approaching from the side.

The shield warrior came charging forward ferociously, pulling his massive shield along with his entire body.

Abandoning the ambush, I activated【Slash Arts】 and swung the dagger in my right hand sharply.

The flying slash collided with the giant shield, producing a high-pitched metallic screech.

Not only did the slash stop the shield warrior, it actually pushed him away.

The power of the slash scaled with Strength.

A natural result.

At least this would prevent the shield warrior from interfering for a while.

However, during that time, the spearman had already turned to face me and drawn back his long spear while holding his body sideways.

Without pause, he unleashed a relentless barrage of thrusts.

I continuously parried the precise and razor-sharp attacks with the daggers in both hands.

Metallic clashes rang out without end.

In the middle of that exchange, I activated【Evil Eye: Petrification】.

The intense movement would slow the petrification's progress, but it would still steadily hinder his movements.

Yet once again, the shield warrior interfered.

Having broken free after my slash dissipated, he charged at me from behind again.

Just as before, his massive shield was positioned in front as he rushed forward with overwhelming force.

...«Land Wall».

Without speaking the spell's name aloud, I pictured Land Wall in my mind.

A thick earthen wall rose behind me, directly intercepting the shield warrior's charge.

DOOOOM!

A tremendous impact echoed behind my back.

That would buy me time.

...«Petrification».

To accelerate the petrification's spread, I cast «Petrification» through【Dominion Magic】.

With the Evil Eye already at maximum level and an Extra Skill fueled by an Intelligence stat approaching 3,000, the effect was overwhelming.

The spearman's movements visibly slowed.


“Guh... what is this? My body suddenly... petrification!?”


After glancing briefly at his arms and legs, the spearman immediately realized what was happening and shouted.


“Zahaar! Buy me some time!”


The moment he shouted, I saw the shield warrior rounding the «Land Wall» and charging toward me at full speed.


“Leave it to me!”


The shield warrior, Zahaar, roared.

The spearman's assault ceased.

But I had no intention of letting that opportunity slip away.

With hands already stiffening from petrification, he was desperately trying to retrieve a status ailment recovery potion from his《Magic Pouch》.

I activated【Void Magic】and teleported behind him.

The spearman never let his guard down and reacted instantly.

Pulling his hand away from the pouch, he thrust his spear toward me.

I caught the spearhead with my right hand and quietly muttered:


“…【Thunder Eclipse】”


Using【Dominion Magic】, I cast «Lightning Strike» and enhanced it further with【Thunder Eclipse】.

Sensing the flow of magic, the spearman instinctively looked toward the sky.

At that exact moment, a thunderbolt crashed down with a deafening roar and struck him directly.


GWAAAAAAAH!


His scream echoed across the battlefield.

My current Intelligence and【Thunder Eclipse】weren't enough to reduce him to ashes, but his entire body was severely burned, thin streams of white smoke rising from countless places.

He was on the verge of death, barely able to breathe.

I could see Zahaar rushing toward us from the distance.

To prevent any interference, I dashed toward the spearman and slashed his neck in a single stroke.


『Unique Skill Acquired【Zero Pierce: Oblivion Point】』

『Skill【Spearmanship】 Lv.10 (MAX) UP』


That's one down.


“Damn you! How dare you kill Kiel!”


Zahaar shouted.


“【Thanatos Dominion】«Activate».”


Consuming mana, I constructed the Underworld, the realm of death itself.

This increased the stats of summoned or controlled undead by 1.5 times and furthermore granted them Immortality status.

In other words,〈Eldritch King〉Santa Muerte and〈Stygian King〉Nox Chevalier became beings incapable of dying by any means.


“Tamuel, take the front. Nox, stay in the rear. You're both immortal, so attack aggressively.”


~clatter~clatter~clatter~clatter~

~~~~~


After issuing the brief command, Santa Muerte and Nox Chevalier quietly moved into action.


“W-What!?”


While blocking Santa Muerte's magic and Nox Chevalier's greatsword with his massive shield, Zahaar shouted furiously at me.

Ignoring his complaint, I activated【Eidolon】.

Hidden within the relentless assault of the two undead, I moved behind Zahaar.

The instant I revealed myself to attack-!

As expected of one of the〈Semi-Tsar〉.

Despite defending against their fierce assault, he had still been carefully tracking my movements.

The《Fly King's Soul Harvest》that I swung down from above was easily blocked.

However, Nox Chevalier's greatsword,《Lævateinn》was already descending from behind.


“Ghh...!”


A bitter expression crossed Zakhar's face.

Turning his back to me, he intercepted Nox Chevalier's greatsword.

But it didn't end there.

After forcibly knocking away the sword that was pressing him back, he closed the distance while raising his free arm high overhead.

Then, with his bare fist, he struck the black armor covering Nox Chevalier's entire body.

The armor shattered into countless pieces, and Nox Chevalier was slain by a single blow from Zakhar.

Even I couldn't help but be surprised.

Nox Chevalier had reached Level 100 and been granted a King's Title.

To kill a being equal to an upper S-Rank dungeon boss with a single punch...

...Is this the effect of his Unique Skill, perhaps?

But reality was merciless, for him.

Under the effects of【Thanatos Dominion】, Nox Chevalier had been granted Immortality.

The shattered fragments gathered together as if drawn by an invisible force, and in moments he was completely restored.


“Wha-!?”


Zahaar's eyes widened in shock.

I didn't miss the opening.

Using【Dominion Magic】, I cast «Flame Pillar» and enhanced it with【Azure Inferno】.

A towering pillar of blazing fire engulfed Zahaar.

His entire body covered in severe burns, Zahaar collapsed helplessly to the ground, groaning weakly as his life faded.

I crouched beside him and slashed once with my dagger.

His head separated from his body.

The finishing blow.


『Unique Skill Acquired【Charge Counter】』

『Skill【Shieldmanship】Lv.10 (MAX) UP』

『Skill【Taunt】Lv.10 (MAX) UP』


—————————
—————————

——————
E/N:

Zahaar probably took the highest damage of all three. Well, Vlas will probably take the most mental damage for sure, given this bastard watched both his cronies die by Yuito's overwhelming power.

Anyway, two new Unique Skills getto!

Stay tuned!

——————

——————————
Check out my other translations -



——————————


Previous       Table of Contents       Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Seems the Convenience Store Clerk Ossan That Got Dragged Into the Teleportation of an Entire Class Will Make Use of the Leftover Skills the Heroes Didn’t Want and Become the Strongest

Soul Devourer of Infinite Growth ~ Stealing Physical Stats and Skills from Monsters and Hunters to Ultimately Slay a God Through Infinite Growth ~

Konbini Ossan Volume 1 Chapter 25 – Herb Gathering and Skill Imbuing