Soul Devourer Chapter 6 Episode 38 — First Strike Takes The Win
With【Eidolon】activated and my presence completely concealed, I watched Samael and the others fighting nearby.
At the same time, I kept my senses sharpened for the inevitable second attack from the〈Semi-Tsar〉.
Then, a clear reaction appeared within the range of【Omniscence】.
Shifting only my gaze, I spotted a group of three men heading straight toward us, dressed in white uniforms adorned with gold designs.
I recognized the man at the front.
He was the same bastard from〈Semi-Tsar〉who had led those thugs during the previous attack.
And this time, instead of a mob of cannon fodder, he had brought two elite companions of equal standing.
Only three... but the quality is higher than last time.
Still, I felt no panic.
I had expected there would be a second attempt from the very beginning.
The three stopped briefly when they were about a hundred meters away and exchanged a few words.
Then, in the next instant, they accelerated forward with enough force to tear up the ground beneath them.
They hadn't noticed my location.
Their targets were probably Samael and the others.
Planning to reduce my fighting force first?
Then I'd crush that opening move before it begins.
I immediately activated【Void Magic】and teleported behind the man leading the group.
The moment I thrust my hand forward in the shortest, most efficient motion possible,【Eidolon】got deactivated.
““Vlas!””
The shouts of his companions rang out from behind him.
The man, Vlas, turned around, his eyes widening.
But you're too late.
My hand pierced through his abdomen without resistance.
A strike designed not to kill, but to leave him restrained.
“【Infestation】«Activate».”
The skill inherited from the Fly King, Beelzebub, was unleashed.
The maggot generated with magic invaded through the wound, crawled through the gaps between flesh, and made its way to his brain.
A few seconds later, absolute domination was complete.
I immediately seized his《Magic Pouch》, removing any hidden trump cards he might have had.
“I'll question you later. Until then, don't move.”
Engraving the command deep into him, I followed up by using【Dominion Magic】to heal his wound.
The abdominal injury, which should have been fatal, closed instantly.
Neutralization complete.
I slowly turned around.
Two remained.
A slender man carrying a long spear, and a giant of a man wielding a shield as tall as himself.
Both had their concealment skills maxed out, preventing me from viewing their statuses.
But anyone belonging to〈Semi-Tsar〉could not possibly be mediocre.
Considering the possibility that they possessed Mythical-grade items, holding back to assess the situation would be a mistake.
I would crush them with everything I had from the start.
Before either of them could move, I activated【Eidolon】once more.
My very existence sank into darkness.
Then I slipped behind the remaining two men.
The next moment…
To bring this (farce) battle to an end.
—————————
—————————
——————
E/N:
2v1? Nah, it's a 2v4!
Stay tuned!
——————
——————————
Check out my other translations -
——————————
Comments