Soul Devourer Chapter 6 Episode 31 — Surviving Certain Death and Karma
An ambush from one of the invisible〈Semi-Tsar〉member.
A chill shot down my spine in an instant, and I immediately made a decision.
Activating【Void Magic】, I teleported to the location where I had separated from Samael and the others.
The moment I landed, I activated【Omniscence】.
The reactions of all three familiars were instantly detected, and I sprinted toward them at full speed.
The moment we regrouped, I issued an order without pausing for breath.
“Samael, Tamuel, Nox. Cancel the hundred-kill objective. We're heading for the boss room immediately!”
The three, who had been trampling Grim Reapers, instantly changed priorities.
Completely ignoring the approaching monsters, they began searching for the entrance leading to the boss chamber.
“...Found it!”
The moment it was discovered, we charged in with the force of an express train.
We tore through the long stone corridor in one go and pushed open the massive door.
The instant we stepped into the center of the room, the door closed behind us on its own.
Confirming that, I finally let out a breath.
Since I had teleported away with【Void Magic】, pinpointing my exact location would take time.
Furthermore, while challengers were inside a boss room, no one else could enter.
…For the moment, this was a safe zone.
Immediately afterward, eleven spheres of light descended from above.
Ten Grim Reapers.
And…
A monster whos had four arms, wielding two enormous scythes.
Its lower pair of arms had bones that turned pitch-black from the wrists down, as though drenched in ink.
“So it's a No-Life King...”
Its appearance was little more than an enhanced Grim Reaper.
However, after checking its skill composition with【Discernment】, the corner of my mouth lifted slightly.
“A monster with a new skill. Judging from the name alone, it looks pretty powerful.”
Normally, I would have been excited.
But my mind kept returning to that invisible ambush from earlier.
More than a new skill, what I wanted right now was something that could nullify that attack.
The instant I reached that conclusion, I moved.
Using【Phantom】, I erased my presence completely and teleported behind the No-Life King with【Void Magic】.
A perfect blind spot that even【Vital Sense】could not cover.
The dagger pierced straight through from the crown of its head to its groin.
『Skill Acquired【Drain Touch】Lv.8』
The giant body collapsed soundlessly.
I then chained teleports together and instantly eliminated the remaining Grim Reapers.
After confirming their complete annihilation, the boss's corpse dissolved into particles.
In its place appeared an ornate treasure chest.
Opening the lid, I found the usual materials and…
A transparent glass sphere containing something that flickered like a pale blue flame.
It was about the size of a marble.
Picking it up, I activated【Appraisal】.
━━━━━━━━━━
《Pearl of Nine Prayers》
• Type: Consumable Item
• Effects:
① Grants the target nine pseudo souls;
- When receiving a fatal wound or instant-death attack, one pseudo soul is consumed to ensure survival.
※ Effect activates when swallowed whole without chewing.
• Rank: Mythical
• Condition: Excellent
━━━━━━━━━━
“...A stockpile of souls, huh?”
Nine chances to have death taken in your place.
It was undoubtedly a performance worthy of a Mythical-grade item.
However…
“As a countermeasure against invisibility... it's questionable.”
If I were attacked one-sidedly by an invisible opponent, all nine charges would disappear in no time.
...Or not.
“Wait. Why did I forget?”
I have the Unique Skill【Karma】.
If I suffer a fatal wound or instant-death attack, that very result is returned equally to the attacker.
Which means…
“As long as they don't have a substitute item, they're finished in a single hit.”
I wouldn't even need to counterattack directly.
With this《Pearl of Nine Prayers》, there was no point remaining wary of the same opponent over and over.
Then a question surfaced in my mind.
“...Then what about that member of the〈Semi-Tsar〉from earlier?”
There had been no notifications about increased stats or acquired skills.
However, because of the changes made to【Soul Eater】, or if the target possessed only skills I had already acquired, it was possible that no notification would appear.
If it was someone from the〈Semi-Tsar〉, it wouldn't be strange for them to possess a Unique Skill or some kind of substitute item.
…I should assume they're still alive.
“Now then... the real problem starts here.”
Rather than immediately leaving the boss room, I remained where I was.
Quietly, I began considering how Russia should be held accountable for the attack carried out by a member of the〈Semi-Tsar〉.
—————————
—————————
——————
E/N:
Don't these Dungeons have Greed meters or something? Very convenient boss drop 😂!
Stay tuned!
——————
——————————
Check out my other translation -
——————————
Comments