Ossan Saikyō Chapter 4 Part 11

The next morning, a bit of a problem arose.

In the town of Menage where we currently were, there was one F-class dungeon and one E-class dungeon. Naturally, I wanted to clear the E-class one as well.

Of course, I couldn’t take Freynil, who had been an adventurer for less than a week, into an E-class dungeon. I couldn’t, but…


“S-Soushi-sama… please don’t leave me behind.”


Freynil, radiating the aura of a fragile, unfortunate beauty, clasped her hands in front of her chest and pleaded.


“I’ll definitely come back, so wait for me at the inn. E-class is too dangerous for you.”


“Even so… being apart from you makes me anxious.”

(E/N: What the phoque?! Ossan, what witchcraft did you do on Freynil-chan 😂?)


Looking at her abandoned-puppy expression, a troubling thought crossed my mind… Had she started depending on me over these past few days?

If that were the case, I had absolutely no idea how to deal with it. I’d never had children in my previous life, after all.


“…Alright. Then let’s go in together for a bit and see how it goes. But if it seems too dangerous, we’ll rethink it.”


In the end, I chose the most foolish option, “We’ll see how it goes”. Still, E-class dungeon mobs were honestly no threat to me, so it shouldn’t be too much of a problem. There might even be monsters that physical attacks weren’t effective against.


“Yes! I’ll follow you, Soushi-sama… wherever you go.”


Her face lit up with joy, but there was something a little heavy in her words. I’d been thinking of training her until she could stand on her own, then having her join a party of people her own age…

But would that even work out now?

◇◆◇

The E-class dungeon in Menage was located by the lakeside.

A hole opened in the ground, with a stair-like passage descending as if leading beneath the lake.

There were a few other parties around, and some frowned slightly when they saw us. An older man and a young girl entering an E-class dungeon together probably looked even stranger than a solo adventurer.

On the 1st basement floor, the first monsters to appear were two Fishmen. I could have killed them instantly, but I needed Freynil to test her magic in real combat.


“I’ll hold the front line. You prepare your magic. When you’re ready, signal me, I’ll knock them back, and you attack with magic. Can you do it?”


“Yes, I can!”


As Freynil began focusing, the Fishmen charged. I stepped forward and blocked them, grabbing both of their thrusting spears. They tried to pull them back in panic, but against my strength, equivalent to C-rank, probably, they didn’t budge.

After about ten seconds of this tug-of-war, I heard from behind, “I’m ready to cast!

I yanked the spears, throwing the Fishmen off balance, then shoved both of them away.

At the same time, Freynil stepped beside me and activated «Sacred Ray». A beam shot from her hand in a horizontal sweep, slicing both Fishmen cleanly in half.


“Soushi-sama, I did it. I defeated a monster with magic.”


“Y-Yeah… that’s one heck of a powerful spell. To take down E-rank monsters in one hit… Impressive.”


Coming from someone who regularly pulverizes monsters, it's quite hypocritical. Anyhow, it was a pretty brutal spell. But what surprised me more was Freynil herself. Not only was she unfazed by splitting monsters in two, she looked… pleased.


“With this, I can keep up with you now, right?”


“…Yeah. You’ll be fine.”


Feeling an indescribable pressure in her gaze, I nodded.

(E/N: Aw, hecks naw! Is this a potential Yandere?!)

◇◆◇

The first and second floors were only Fishmen, so we progressed without issue. I had Freynil actively use her magic, and before reaching the third floor, it seemed her magic skill had leveled up.


“Freynil, you’ve used quite a bit of magic. Can you still keep going?”


“Hm? Yes, I can use it just fine. Is something bothering you?”


What I wanted to confirm was whether she had something like MP left, but she only tilted her head in confusion.


“No, I mean, does using magic drain your stamina or anything?”


“Ah, yes, I do feel some fatigue. But it recovers quickly, so I’m fine.”


“So as long as you have stamina, you can keep casting?”


“Yes. It takes time to focus, but as long as I’m not exhausted, I can use it.”


Hmm. It seemed there was no concept of MP or Mana. Instead, casting required concentration. Since it used stamina, stronger spells might not be usable consecutively if she got too tired.


“Got it. But if you feel like you’re reaching your limit while casting, tell me.”


“Yes, thank you for your concern.”


“Alright, let’s head to the 3rd floor.”


◇◆◇

On the 3rd floor, as expected, Stone Tortoises appeared.

While I held their attention, Freynil used her magic to sever their necks. This was probably the intended way to defeat them.

We tried focusing her magic on their shells, and while she managed to burn holes into them, it didn’t deal fatal damage, instead, it just made them rampage.

In the end, I crushed them shell and all. Seeing that, Freynil widened her eyes.


“Soushi-sama, your strength is incredible.”


“I’ve been told it’s around C-rank.”


“With such strength… perhaps my magic isn’t even necessary…”


Her expression suddenly shifted back to that abandoned-puppy look.


“No, there will definitely be monsters that strength alone can’t defeat. When that time comes, I’ll need your power.”

(E/N: "I'll need your power" 😂 Way to make her more infatuated with you.)


“Yes! Then I’ll work hard to raise my magic skill level so I can be of help!”


I’d meant it as reassurance, but seeing her smile so happily, I couldn’t shake the feeling things were heading in a slightly questionable direction. Still, for a girl her age, feeling needed was important, so it couldn’t be helped.

We continued like that down to the 4th floor. There, we realized that piercing slime cores with «Sacred Ray» made them easy to defeat, reaffirming just how useful her magic was.

At this rate, even the boss Large Slime might be easy.

Thinking that, we decided to withdraw for the day.


——————
E/N:

Are we sure Ossan isn't just executing the Hikaru Genji Plan bruh 🤣!

Stay tuned!

——————

——————————
Check out my other translations -



——————————


Previous       Table of Contents       Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Seems the Convenience Store Clerk Ossan That Got Dragged Into the Teleportation of an Entire Class Will Make Use of the Leftover Skills the Heroes Didn’t Want and Become the Strongest

Soul Devourer of Infinite Growth ~ Stealing Physical Stats and Skills from Monsters and Hunters to Ultimately Slay a God Through Infinite Growth ~

Konbini Ossan Volume 1 Chapter 25 – Herb Gathering and Skill Imbuing