Ossan Saikyō Chapter 4 Part 03
After successfully securing a room at the inn Gashi recommended, I headed to the Adventurer's Guild in Euron.
The Euron Adventurer's Guild was a large four-story building located near the city gate along the central street, a prime location that clearly showed how well the guild was treated.
Stepping through the wide, open entrance, the lobby looked like a scaled-up version of the Tolson guild.
To the right was the counter, to the left a bulletin board, and in the lobby, around ten adventurer parties were gathered.
Each party had a different look, but some were clearly seasoned veterans.
There were even C-rank dungeons near this town, so there should be C-rank parties here. The〈Fortuner〉party that came during the large-scale subjugation was apparently based here too.
None of them paid me any particular attention, they were just chatting among themselves. Honestly, that was a relief compared to being hassled.
For now, I headed to an empty counter nearby.
“Excuse me, I’d like to sell some materials. Also, I’d like permission to view the guide.”
I spoke to a young receptionist who had been deliberately looking away even as I approached.
She glanced sideways at me and muttered, “Haven’t seen you around before.”
“Yes, it’s my first time here. I’m Soushi, E-rank.”
“E-rank, Soushi-san, is it. And the materials you want to sell?”
“Here.”
When I placed the Moon Wolf pelt on the counter, her sleepy expression changed slightly.
“This is… Moon Wolf fur? Where did you get this?”
“I happened to subjugate it between Tolson and Euron.”
“Do you have the mana stone?”
“Actually, it dropped an orb instead, which I used.”
“And the empty orb shell?”
“I have that here.”
Even after using a skill orb, the crystal sphere remained, just without its rainbow glow.
The receptionist picked it up, examined it, and said, “Confirmed”, placing it on the counter.
“We’ll purchase the fur and this orb shell. Is that acceptable?”
“Yes, please.”
The total came to 800,000 Rom. I didn’t really know the market price, but it certainly didn’t seem cheap. Probably because it was from a rare monster. Either way, it was a lucky bonus income.
“The guide is on the second floor, feel free to use it. Also, skill orbs from the same monster don’t stack, so there’s no point in using duplicates. You should just sell them. A Moon Wolf’s【Whiplash】is a rare skill, it’s worth at least 10,000,000 rom.”
She said that while looking at me as if assessing my value. Up close, she was quite beautiful, with short bobbed blue hair.
“I… see. Thank you.”
I responded and headed upstairs to check the guide. Needless to say, halfway up the stairs I was thinking, “10 million Rom?”
◇◆◇
That night, after eating at the inn, I lay down on my bed.
At 13,000 Rom per night, it was a more upscale inn compared to Tolson. The room was a bit larger, and the bed was noticeably softer.
Now then, I need to figure out how to structure my routine in this town.
Ideally, I want to maintain my cycle of early morning training, dungeon exploration, and training again afterward.
The problem is finding a place to train.
This town is much larger than Tolson, and the gates are closed early in the morning, so I can’t just step outside to train.
But swinging Dark Metal rods around in the streets would definitely make me look suspicious and cause trouble.
According to the guide, this guild has a training ground attached, but whether a newcomer E-rank like me can freely use it is uncertain.
Well, I’ll check it out tomorrow. Hopefully it’s available early in the morning too.
As for dungeons, near the city there’s one F-class, two E-class, two D-class, and one C-class dungeon.
Tomorrow, I’ll go to the F-class and grab the special skill. After that, I’ll move on to the E-class.
And I need to test out the newly acquired【Whiplash】skill. I didn’t expect it to be worth 10 million Rom, but like I thought, it must be a powerful ability.
Thinking about all that, I drifted off to sleep.
◇◆◇
The next morning, I headed to the Adventurer's Guild first thing.
The lobby was empty, no one had arrived yet. The only person at the counter was the same blunt but beautiful receptionist from yesterday.
“Excuse me, can I use the training grounds here?”
When I asked, she glanced sideways again and muttered, “Yes, you can use them freely”.
“Is any kind of registration required?”
“No, you’re free to use them anytime.”
“Even before sunrise?”
That question seemed to surprise her, she actually turned to face me.
“What do you plan to use them for?”
“Training, of course. I usually start before dawn.”
She looked at me suspiciously, then sighed and stepped out from behind the counter.
“I’ll show you.”
Following her, I was led to the back of the guild building. It was like a small field, with a prefab structure at one end that looked like a dismantling area.
“Large monster materials are sometimes brought here, but it’s generally open at all times. When the guild is closed, use that entrance.”
She pointed to a simple gate that connected to another street.
I see, that’s perfect. That solves the training issue for now.
“Thank you. I’ll start using it right away.”
I bowed, and she said, “Go ahead”, before returning inside. She might be blunt, but she does her job properly.
I immediately began my usual training. Using the Dark Metal rods, I repeatedly worked on improving both my physical abilities and skills.
I also tested the【Whiplash】skill, and as expected, it was absurd; it nullified inertia, effectively ignoring the laws of physics.
When I tried side-to-side stepping drills, my weight shifts became unnaturally smooth.
The effect was still weak, though; to replicate the Moon Wolf’s movements, I’d need to level it up.
Even more surprising was that this skill applied to weapon swings as well.
When I swung my mace and reversed direction, the weight felt noticeably reduced. At higher levels, I might even be able to unleash rapid consecutive strikes like a character from a manga.
After testing various movements and getting my body accustomed enough to use it in real combat, I decided to head to the dungeon.
——————
E/N:
Very diligent and hardworking! Let's go for the new dungeons!
Stay tuned!
——————
——————————
Check out my other translations -
——————————
Comments