Ossan Saikyō Chapter 4 Part 04

About an hour’s walk from Euron’s city gate, there was an F-class dungeon.

Just like the Great Rock Dungeon in Tolson, it was a massive boulder sitting in the middle of a plain with a large hole opening into it.

There were many parties conquering it; even now, there were five parties outside alone. Considering the slightly late hour, there were likely even more inside.

That said, I was E-rank, so there was no need to hold back. I entered and headed straight for the boss room.

The monsters were the same as before; goblins, rock lizards, and boar wolves. Even in groups, they were instant kills now.

In front of the Boss room, a party of young boys and girls was waiting their turn.

When I joined the queue, they stared at me. Well, an older guy going solo like this would naturally attract attention. The parties I passed earlier had all reacted in their own ways too.


“Are you going to fight the Boss alone, Uncle?”


The one who asked was a girl from the party. Her curiosity must’ve gotten the better of her.


“Yeah. I’ve fought this Boss many times before, so I’ll be fine.”


“Can you really beat it alone? I heard it’s tough without a party.”


“For most people, yeah. But I’m E-rank.”


“Oh, I see. You look like you’ve been an adventurer for a long time.”


“No, I’ve only been one for about a month.”


When I said that, the entire party made strange faces.

Just then, the Boss room door opened, and the party that had been inside came out. They were also a group of young adventurers. They were high-fiving happily, so it seemed they had won.


“Alright, we’re going in.”


Saying that, the girl entered the boss room with her party.

◇◆◇

After a while, the Boss room door opened again, and that same party came out.

They were all present, but the girl who had spoken to me earlier had a serious leg injury and was being carried by her teammates.

From the looks of it, they were about to leave just like that…


“Hey, don’t you have any potions?”


I couldn’t help but ask. Well, they were kids; as an elder guy, I couldn’t just ignore it.


“We used them all up earlier.”


The one who answered was a boy who seemed like their leader. His face showed exhaustion and anxiety.


“I can sell you one. It’s a Grade 515,000 Rom.”


“Really?”


“Yeah.”


I handed over the potion in exchange for money, and the boy immediately used it to heal the girl’s injury. You could feel the relief spread through the party.


“Thank you. We owe you.”


“It’s a fair trade. Still, I don’t mind being thanked. Take care getting back.”


The boys thanked me again and left.


“Well then, my turn.”


After seeing them off, I entered the Boss room.

As expected, this time it was just a normal Bear Wolf.

Since using the mace would make it an instant kill, I tried fighting barehanded… and realized my fists had already become terrifying weapons.

The skill I obtained was【Poison Resistance】. It’s nice that my survivability keeps improving steadily.

◇◆◇

After returning to the guild and selling my materials, I headed to the training grounds.

Several adventurers were already there, each practicing with their weapons. Just from a glance, they all seemed high-rank, which made me realize high-rank adventurers naturally train like this.

As I was doing my usual strength training with the Dark Metal rods, a man in his mid-twenties approached me. He looked like a swordsman, he had been practicing with a longsword earlier.


“Hey, sorry, but have we met somewhere before?”


“I’m not sure. My name is Soushi. I just arrived in Euron yesterday, before that I was in Tolson.”


“I’m Zeal. Now I remember, you were at that goblin subjugation the other day, right? You beat a King and got scolded by Anatolia.”


“Ah, yeah, that did happen. Pretty embarrassing, honestly.”


“Haha! You were E-rank, right? You went toe-to-toe with a King and won. What’s embarrassing about that?”


“Well… I did end up taking someone else’s job because of that… Perhaps, were you part of that C-rank party back then?”


He had a handsome face, but there was a friendliness to it that kept it from feeling arrogant. Now that he mentioned it, I did feel like I’d seen him before.


“It's〈Fortuner〉. I’m the leader. So you came to Euron, huh. By the way, that’s some unusual training you're doing but, what are those rods?”


“These are Dark Metal rods. They’re great for adding load, so I got them from a weapon shop.”


“Huh… mind if I try one?”


“Go ahead. They’re heavy, so be careful.”


Zeal took the rod and staggered slightly for a moment, but quickly regained his balance and lifted it.

From how he held it, I could tell he also had the【Stability】skill. Well, he was C-rank, he probably had plenty of skills I didn’t even know about.


“This is interesting. Yeah, swinging this around would be great training. Makes sense you could take down a King.”


Zeal began practicing sword swings with the Dark Metal rod. His movements were refined and efficient, as expected. High-rank adventurers really are something else.


“Yeah, this is really good. I’m gonna head to the weapon shop and get one myself. Thanks, man.”


He handed the rod back and returned to his own training.

If a C-rank vouched for it, there was no doubt. Feeling more confident, I threw myself even harder into my training.


——————
E/N:

I'm surprised nobody had thought of this before? For vanguards, swinging weapons itself is a lot of load so, training with load and resistance would improve their strength as a result.

Stay tuned!

——————

——————————
Check out my other translations -



——————————


Previous       Table of Contents       Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Seems the Convenience Store Clerk Ossan That Got Dragged Into the Teleportation of an Entire Class Will Make Use of the Leftover Skills the Heroes Didn’t Want and Become the Strongest

Soul Devourer of Infinite Growth ~ Stealing Physical Stats and Skills from Monsters and Hunters to Ultimately Slay a God Through Infinite Growth ~

Konbini Ossan Volume 1 Chapter 25 – Herb Gathering and Skill Imbuing