Ossan Saikyō Chapter 3 — Promotion and The Large-Scale Subjugation Mission | | Part 01


━━━━━━━━━━

 Adventurer Level 7


 Weapon Skills

  【Mace】Lv.9
  【Dagger】Lv.4
  【Martial Arts】Lv.5

 Defense Skills

  【Buckler】Lv.8

 Physical Skills

  【Vitality】Lv.9
  【Strength】Lv.11
  【Speed】Lv.9
  【Surge】Lv.10
  【Reflex】Lv.9

 Sensory Skills

  【Vision】Lv.7
  【Hearing】Lv.5
  【Scent】Lv.4
  【Touch】Lv.4
  【Dynamic Acuity】Lv.9
  【Presence Detection】Lv.7

 Mental Skills

  【Composure】Lv.6
  【Thought Acceleration】Lv.5
  【Fury】Lv.2

 Special Skills

  【Regeneration】Lv.1
  【Stability】Lv.1 (NEW)
  【Steel Body】Lv.1 (NEW)

━━━━━━━━━━


“Um, Okuno-san, you’ve been promoted to E-rank. Congratulations on the fastest promotion in this guild.”


“Huh? It’s only been two weeks since I became F-rank though.”


The day after reporting the two-boss incident in the Great Tree Dungeon, and being told it was another unprecedented case, followed by questioning…

After finishing my usual dungeon run and training, Kisara the receptionist informed me of my promotion.


“Your material collection count in dungeons, your Boar Wolf subjugation outside the dungeon, the upper goblin subjugation during the joint request, defeating a rare Boss, defeating two Bosses, that’s more than enough points. Please hand over your card.”


“Ah, here.”


When you list everything out like that, it really does sound like a lot.

I handed over my adventurer card as instructed. Kisara took it to the back, then returned shortly after.


“Here you go, your E-rank card.”


“Thank you.”


The metal card I received now bore the letter “E”. Honestly, this card itself is kind of a mysterious item, it apparently records things like subjugation counts.


“With this, you’re now qualified to enter E-class dungeons. However, could you wait a bit before leaving town? We haven’t received the appraisal results for those horns yet.”


“I understand. How long will it take?”


“Normally about a week, so another three to four days.”


Even in this world, a week is seven days. Though there’s no concept of a weekly day off. Still, it’s not such a hectic world that it feels oppressive. So that’s something.


“I’ve also got something ordered from the weapon shop, so I plan to stay here until then.”


“That helps. Even after reaching E-rank, collecting materials in F-class dungeons still earns points, so we’d appreciate it if you continue as before.”


“Of course. I’ll need money if I’m going to another town anyway, so I’ll earn as much as I can.”


As I reassured Kisara, the sound of a carriage stopping came from outside the guild.

Two people entered.

One was a well-dressed man in refined clothing, slightly younger than me; a middle-aged man with the unmistakable aura of a sharp, elite professional.

The other was a young woman with long silver hair flowing down to her waist, clad in crimson light armor, and a finely decorated longsword at her hip.

Both gave off the impression of being extraordinary, but the woman in particular had that distinct presence of an Awakened.

After speaking briefly to a guild staff member, the two were immediately led to a room in the back.


“Who were they?”


“The man is a steward from the Viscount Barius household that governs this region. I’ve seen him once before. The woman is even more famous. Anatolia, a former A-rank adventurer who now serves as a knight under the viscount.”


Kisara’s expression stiffened slightly. Understandable, someone so close to a noble, especially a steward, is practically a top aide.

So there’s a path where adventurers can be taken in as knights. I might have to think about career plans eventually.


“If someone like that came here, does it mean something serious happened?”


“Yes… it’s probably about the goblin settlement from before. The lord must have decided how to respond.”


“Does that mean adventurers will be mobilized?”


“Yes. And by the way, E-rank and above are required to participate.”


“…What?”


Hey, come on, not this timing. There’s no way the guild set me up… yeah, that’s just me overthinking.

Even if I ranked up quickly, I’m still just one of many E-rank adventurers.

◇◆◇


“Bwahahahaha! Damn, old man, your luck sucks!”


That night, while drinking with Kaim’s group to celebrate my promotion, the topic of the lord’s envoy came up.

Naturally, every adventurer had already guessed it would lead to a large-scale goblin subjugation.

And when they learned I’d be forced to participate right after ranking up, Kaim burst out laughing.


“Soushi-san, hearing everything you’ve done, your promotion makes sense, but still, isn’t it way too fast?”


“Yeah… apparently being solo gave me bonus points.”


When I answered Raberto’s question, the beautiful spear-user Ranan nodded.


“That makes sense. Going solo into dungeons should be evaluated highly.”


“In your case, it’s just that nobody wants to party up with you, old man. Heh heh.”


“Kaim, that’s rude!”


Meribe’s fist dropped onto Kaim’s head. It made a pretty solid sound, but judging by the fact he was still laughing, he was fine.

After laughing for a while, Kaim sat next to me and nudged me with his elbow.


“So, old man, you saw her, right?〈Crimson〉Anatolia. They say she’s insanely beautiful, how was she?”


“Sorry, I was too busy looking at her equipment to really see her face. Felt like I’d get in trouble if I stared too much.”


“Man, that’s boring. I should’ve come earlier… ow!”


Looks like Meribe pinched him.

Watching that, Raberto smirked and said:


“〈Crimson〉Anatolia might show up for the goblin subjugation. That’s your chance to impress her.”


“Yeah, you’re right. I’ll stand out and get close to-! Hey, that hurts!”


“If someone like a former A-rank is coming out, is the Goblin King really that big of a deal?”


Even as an E-rank, I already had strength far beyond normal people. An A-rank must be on another level entirely…


“Honestly, if there’s a C-rank, it’s easy. But you need numbers, so they need bait.”


“Bait…? Oh, I see. Using a famous figure to gather people.”


“Exactly. People love that stuff. It’s like half a festival.”


“That’s… pretty shrewd. Adventurers really are something.”


This world doesn’t seem to have much entertainment. It’s not surprising that adventurers treat large subjugation missions like festivals.

As I took a sip of my drink, Meribe, still pinching Kaim, turned to me.


“By the way, Soushi-san, after this goblin subjugation, are you leaving for another town?”


“Yeah. I want to travel around and gather skills, and I want to try E-rank dungeons too. Once I’m ready, I’ll go.”


“I see… You’re from another country, after all. There’s no real reason for you to stay here.”


Meribe looked slightly envious. Seeing that, something clicked in my mind.


“Are all of you, in〈Silver Ring〉, here because you’re from this town?”


“Yeah, that’s right. We’ve all got family here. So we just earn a decent living in this town.”


Kaim, finally freed from the pinching, answered.


“I see. Hometowns and family are important.”


“Yeah. We’ve talked about going out, reaching D-rank, then coming back… but there’s a lot holding us back.”


“Leaving costs money and time. And your families would worry. Not something you can just do easily.”


“Exactly. In a way, I’m kind of jealous of you, old man. Sometimes I think about getting stronger too.”


Kaim said that with a distant look in his eyes. Meribe watched him with a complicated expression. Seems they’ve got their own struggles.

Still, if you’re young, you’ll probably find a way to do what you want eventually.

When that time comes… maybe I should rank up first, and then be the one guiding them.


——————
E/N:

A great chance to learn from the finest and broaden your knowledge!

Stay tuned!

——————

——————————
Check out my other translations -



——————————


Previous       Table of Contents       Next

Comments

Daisuke said…
Thank you for your attention! 😌

Popular posts from this blog

It Seems the Convenience Store Clerk Ossan That Got Dragged Into the Teleportation of an Entire Class Will Make Use of the Leftover Skills the Heroes Didn’t Want and Become the Strongest

Soul Devourer of Infinite Growth ~ Stealing Physical Stats and Skills from Monsters and Hunters to Ultimately Slay a God Through Infinite Growth ~

Konbini Ossan Volume 1 Chapter 25 – Herb Gathering and Skill Imbuing