Soul Devourer Chapter 8 Episode 03 — Time to Fulfill the Soul's Oath

After finishing my examination of the newly acquired Unique Skills and Divine Artifacts, I decided to fulfill the Soul's Oath I had made with the Clanmasters of〈King of Swords〉,〈Ifrit Legion〉, and〈Valkyries of Restoration〉before challenging America’s SS-Rank dungeon.

I had exchanged contact information with them for this very occasion, so I immediately called each of them.

I had expected at least one of them might be unavailable since they might be in the middle of a dungeon conquest or had other business to attend to, but fortunately, everyone happened to be free.

Consequently, we decided to meet at the SS-Rank dungeon.

Since I had visited the place once before, I used【Void Magic】to arrive first.

With nothing else to do, I searched social media for mentions of myself, and before I knew it, I had been given all sorts of nicknames.

Because I had single-handedly defeated the army of several million ordinary people and Hunters, as well as America’s foremost and ultimate forces ——『Overlord』.

Because I possessed the world’s strongest individual combat power and commanded powerful monsters ——『Satan』.

(E/N: What the fu… fudge is that nickname, damnit! 😂)

Likewise, because I possessed the world’s strongest individual combat power while overturning America’s current system of “might makes right” and saving the weak ——『Braver』.

Because of the terrifying scars of destruction left across the battlefield ——『Destroyer』.

…And so on.

I had been given so many nicknames that, if someone called me by one of them to my face, I would probably be too embarrassed to turn around.

Well, as someone who didn't dislike somewhat edgy names, I was secretly pleased about it, but being exposed to the gaze of the general public still made me feel rather embarrassed.

As I was thinking about that while staring at my phone with a grin on my face, someone suddenly called out to me.


“Hey, sorry to keep you waiting.”


Approaching me with a refreshing smile was the Clanmaster of〈King of Swords〉, Suzuki Tensei.


“Hello. I'm sorry for calling you out so suddenly today.”


“No, no, there's no need to apologize. You're going to help us level up, so if anything, I'm the one who should be thanking you.”


“Really, don't worry about it. I'm doing this because it's something I want to do.”


“Even so, I have to thank you. Thank you, truly. Thanks to you, Hunter Matsubara, I think we'll be able to aim even higher.”


“I'm glad to hear that. Let's work hard together.”


“Even so, it's hard to believe you're the same person who went on such a rampage in America. You're surprisingly soft-spoken.”


“Ahaha… Well, that was… complicated. There were a lot of things that couldn't really be helped…”


“I'm sure there are plenty of opinions flying around, and you must have experienced a great deal firsthand in America. I support what you did, Hunter Matsubara.”


“…Thank you.”


I had never regretted what I did back then.

Even so, having someone acknowledge me like this filled my chest with a strange mixture of embarrassment and happiness.


“Oh, and one more thing. I think『Braver』suits you best as a nickname, Hunter Matsubara. Your other nicknames are a little too grandiose.”


“『Braver』feels like a bit too much responsibility. Personally, I like『Overlord』.”


“I see. In that case, I'll spread that nickname around.”


“Ah, no, there's really no need to go that far-!”


“Apologies for the wait.”


“I'm sorry to keep you waiting.”


Just as I was about to continue declining, two clear, crisp voices interrupted me.

It seemed that the Clanmaster of〈Ifrit Legion〉, Miura Karen, and the Clanmaster of〈Valkyries of Restoration〉, Kikuchi Honoka, had arrived.


“Morning.”


“Yeah. Looking forward to working with you today.”


“I look forward to working with you.”


“So? What were you and Hunter Matsubara talking about, Suzuki?”


“Oh, that? Well-”


“Ah! Um, well then, shall we get started with the dungeon conquest right away?”


“Ah, yeah… You're right.”


“But, Hunter Matsubara, are you sure it's okay to start with an SS-Rank dungeon right away? Won't we just get in your way?”


“Don't worry. There won't be a problem at all.”


“Honoka, you're worrying too much. The man standing right in front of us is the one who took on America single-handedly and defeated them. There's nothing to worry about.”


“Karen… You're right. Then, I look forward to working with you.”


“Leave it to me. Now, let's go!”


The four of us; me, Tensei, Karen, and Honoka entered through the entrance to the SS-Rank dungeon.

The leveling of the three of them had begun.


—————————
—————————

—————————————
E/N:

If anyone gave me a nickname, it would be either『Dimple』or『Dim Sum』🤣🤣🤣!

Stay tuned!

—————————————

————————————————————
————————————————————


Previous       Table of Contents       Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Seems the Convenience Store Clerk Ossan That Got Dragged Into the Teleportation of an Entire Class Will Make Use of the Leftover Skills the Heroes Didn’t Want and Become the Strongest

Soul Devourer of Infinite Growth ~ Stealing Physical Stats and Skills from Monsters and Hunters to Ultimately Slay a God Through Infinite Growth ~

Konbini Ossan Volume 1 Chapter 25 – Herb Gathering and Skill Imbuing