Soul Devourer Chapter 8 Episode 02 — Six Divine Artifacts
Having finished examining the details of the newly acquired Unique Skills, I moved on to examine other spoils of war: the Divine Artifacts.
First up was the straight sword possessed by the swordsman who launched the initial attack.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
《Raikiri》
・Type: Straight Blade
・Effects:
① The lightning wreathed blade scorches and slices through the target;
② Indestructible;
③ Strength +80, Dexterity +80
・Rank: Mythical
・Condition: Good
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Combined with his Unique Skill【Zero Draw • Atomic Oblivion】, he must have been able to cut down any enemy with a single stroke.
But this time, he had picked the wrong opponent.
This is actually my first blade-type Divine Artifact, so I'll gladly put it to use.
(E/N: Just fyi, sword and blade are different; Swords are non-Oriental, double-edged weapons of various sizes, e.g. longsword, dagger, falchion, cutlass, etc. Blades on the other hand have a single edge, e.g. katana, uchigatana, chokutō, tantō.)
Next was the doll I obtained from the man who controlled the wooden doll, which was sturdily built despite its appearance.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
《Auto-Battle Doll》
・Type: Puppet
・Effects:
① Auto-Battle Mode: Can fight autonomously based on its accumulated combat experience;
② Indestructible;
・Rank: Mythical
・Condition: Good
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
I can control it with【Marionette】, or I can leave the fighting entirely to it… it seems to be an all-purpose doll that gives me plenty of options.
It seems to have a function that accumulates and learns from its past combat experience, so for me, it might actually be easier to just let it fight on its own.
After all, it's a Divine Artifact.
Its durability is beyond question.
When I fought in America, I sent this thing flying far, far away, and had a hell of a time tracking it down… but now, it's a fond memory.
Next was the cloak I obtained from the unarmed woman who fired a barrage of countless weapons at me.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
《Barbatos' Cloak》
・Type: Cloak
・Effects:
① Completely conceals one's appearance, presence, Magic Power, scent, and footsteps;
② Indestructible;
・Rank: Mythical
・Condition: Good
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
In a word, it's an inferior version of《Aïdoneus》.
Which is precisely why the unarmed woman may have been the most shaken at the time.
She must have believed that I hadn't noticed her, only for the weapons she fired to be sent right back at her exactly as they were.
That alone must have made it abundantly clear that I was aware of her presence.
Even the old me could have dealt with it since I had【Vital Sense】and【Foresight】. Now that I've acquired【Māyā】, there isn't even a blind spot for me.
Also, since《Aidoneus》was a helmet, I had some reservations about it, but《Barbatos's Cloak》doesn't look bad at all.
It's definitely going into my everyday rotation.
Some of you might be thinking, “Either way, they both make you invisible, so what's the difference?”
You're absolutely right.
But it's a matter of how it feels.
Next was the staff I obtained from the woman who absorbed and nullified my magic.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
《Caduceus》
・Type: Long Staff
・Effects:
① If a person is killed by this staff, a dead person can be resurrected in exchange;
② Mana consumption for any spell or skill is halved;
③ Indestructible.
・Rank: Mythical
・Condition: Good
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
There needs to be some balance to it, but by slaying one thoroughly detestable villain, I can resurrect a good person who passed away, still dreaming of tomorrow.
It's a strange thing for me, who has taken the lives of millions, to say, but this is an item that puts my own sense of justice and reason to the ultimate test.
Once I fell into that quagmire, I might even begin to mistake myself for the arbiter of the world.
And on top of that, it halves Magic Power consumption.
Well, if I ever think that I want to save someone, I wouldn't hesitate to use it. Until then, though, it'll probably just be taking up space in my《Magic Pouch》.
Next was the bow that〘Regalia〙Angelica had carried on her back.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
《Failnaught》
・Type: Longbow
・Effects:
① Arrows fired become wreathed in wind and are guaranteed to hit the target;
② An infinite number of Magic Arrows can be generated and shot simultaneously, physical arrows are not necessary;
③ Indestructible.
・Rank: Mythical
・Condition: Good
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
There's no need to take aim. Simply draw the bowstring, and it generates an infinite number of Magic Arrows, each guaranteed to hit.
Simple; and that's precisely why it's powerful.
Angelica's fighting style must have been to deploy summoned monsters on the front lines and pick off enemies with her bow from the rear.
But against me, someone capable of slaughtering an entire army of monsters with a single attack, it wasn't much of a threat.
Finally, there were the gauntlets and greaves worn by〘Regalia〙Rex.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
《Bloodrage War Oni Gauntlets》
・Type: Gauntlets
・Effects:
① Capable of destroying equipment of Legendary-grade and below;
② Attack power increases accordingly with the number of consecutive successful strikes;
③ Indestructible;
④ Strength +150
・Rank: Mythical
・Condition: Good
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
《Bloodrage War Oni Greaves》
・Type: Greaves
・Effects:
① Capable of destroying equipment of Legendary-grade and below;
② Attack power increases accordingly with the number of consecutive successful strikes;
③ Indestructible;
④ Strength +150
・Rank: Mythical
・Condition: Good
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
I suppose these were the dungeon-clear rewards obtained from defeating〈Carnage King〉Ashura.
The ability to destroy equipment of Legendary-grade and below is threatening enough, but the fact that their attack power increases according to the number of successful hits... that's a pretty vicious feature.
In exchange, there are probably restrictions such as, “A hit doesn't count unless it makes direct contact with the armor or body”, and “The count resets if the next successful hit isn't landed within a certain amount of time”.
It's a harsh system, but there's no denying that it's powerful.
Neither a limit nor an increase rate is listed in the description. Perhaps it can continue growing without limit.
If that's the case, it might eventually even match my current attack power.
As things stand, anyone I fight would be silenced by a single blow, making it difficult to build up a combo, but I'll update my equipment anyway.
Well, now that I've finished examining the Divine Artifacts, I suppose it's about time I fulfilled the Soul's Oath.
—————————
—————————
—————————————
E/N:
Amazing! Raikiri reminds me of Morning Light, Snake's katana in G.I. Joe. Caduceus is also game-breaking!
Stay tuned!
—————————————
————————————————————
————————————————————
Comments