Soul Devourer Chapter 7 Episode 68 — Heaven-Sundering Sword Swing

I cut down an entire army of〈Carnage King〉Ashura with my blade, then crushed the neck of the relentless Angelica in my grasp, ending her life.

And then… I finally stood face-to-face with the man I had most wanted to meet — Rex.

Rex currently possessed greater power than I did.

While my stats exceeded 17 billion, Rex’s exceeded 34 billion — a difference of roughly twofold.

Through the effect of【Peerless】, integrated into【Skanda】, I had grown this strong by defeating large numbers of ordinary people, Hunters, and monsters.

But Rex was standing against me solely through the effect of his Unique Skill【The One】.

(E/N: No, seriously, the name of the Unique Skill is exactly that, ザ・ワン, perfect skill for a narcissist, coward 🤣)

Its effect was probably something along the lines of, “The user’s stats are enhanced by twice the target’s stats”.

There were no changes to anything else… his level, skill composition, and so on remained the same, meaning only his stats were enhanced.

Since it was a Unique Skill, there was a high possibility that it meant he “would always be in that state”.

It certainly was an absurd, cheat-like ability.

He could always fight with stats twice those of his opponent; this was only speculation, but even if my stats were increased through something like【Physical Boost】, Rex’s own stats would presumably rise proportionally as well.

It meant he would always maintain the upper hand over his opponent… always looking down on them from above.

What an obnoxious Unique Skill.


“……I never expected it would take this long to meet you, Rex.”


Rex snorted.


“Hmph! Calling me by my first name right off the bat……you sure don’t know your manners, brat.”


I hadn’t paid much attention to the members of〈Mighty Warriors〉since I didn’t care about them, but I had checked their ears before speaking to Angelica and Rex .

Both of them wore《Language Translation Earring》, which was why we were able to converse like this.


“You’re in no position to lecture me about manners after creating such a fu*king lame and disgusting organization as〈Violence Ruler〉.”


I still hadn’t forgotten the atrocities they had committed in that place.

That was precisely why irritation welled up inside me, and my language became harsher than usual.


“Dammit……with that kind of power, you should be ‘devouring the weak’, yet you choose to ‘stand by the weak’ instead? You’ve fucked up my organization and this entire country with your naïve sense of justice……I’m not gonna kill you quickly.”


“I’m not a piece of trash like you, so I’ll kill you in an instant. And one more thing… just because you have the advantage in stats doesn’t mean you should let your guard down.”


“Heh……you can see the stats of someone whose【Subterfuge】is maxed out? Is that another Unique Skill? Whatever. It doesn’t change the fact that I’m going to kill you… NOW!”


The instant he finished speaking, Rex closed the distance with a sharp step forward.

The ground caved in deeply, while a cloud of dust billowed behind him as though an explosion had gone off.

Rex’s equipment consisted only of gauntlets, greaves, and armor.

His fighting style was close-quarters combat.

Rex’s sharply thrust right fist collided with《Dáinsleif》as I swung it downward, sending sparks flying.

A momentary deadlock… and then it was Rex who was sent flying backward.


“GUUUUUUUUUH……”


He continued leaving a long, long trail of footprints as he staggered backward.

Partway through, he could no longer brace himself and was carried by his momentum, rolling across the ground several times.


“Haa……haa……haa……this is fucking ridiculous. Why am I losing in strength?”


Allow me to explain the trick behind it.

The moment I faced the army of ordinary people and Hunters, I was already fighting at full power.

With【Axiom】, my magical attack power was my Intelligence stat × 10.

With【Skanda】, my physical attack power was my Strength stat × 10.

With【Māyā】, my movement speed was my Agility stat × 10.

In other words, when it came to enhancement of Intelligence, Strength, and Agility stats… they exceeded 170 billion.

Although I had【Aegis】and the numbers couldn’t be compared directly, moreover while Rex surpassed me in defense, I overwhelmingly surpassed him in attack power.

It was fortunate for Rex, his gauntlets were Divine Artifacts. Otherwise, he would have died instantly by now.

And the damage to his body, especially his legs, must have been quite severe.

After all, unlike me, Rex did not possess【Inviolable】,【Spellbane】and【Immutable】.

He had nothing beyond “normal resistance”.

Nothing beyond halving the damage.

The outcome had been decided from the very beginning.

Even without feeding me an army as fodder, as long as I possessed “Godly” Unique Skills, he could never defeat me.

Even someone who was “The One and only” could not defeat a “God”.

(E/N: Remember how I told you how the four new Unique Skills, Axiom, Skanda, Aegis and Māyā had kanjis having God's name in them? For style, I named them that in English thus the Godly Unique Skills.)

Now then, let’s settle this.

First, I’ll erase the “divine power” from the equipment he wears.

…【Anti-theosis】.

After that, all that remained was to cut him down.

With an Agility exceeding 170 billion, I left Rex’s consciousness… and time itself — behind, moving directly before him.

I already possessed more than enough attack power as it was, but to carry with it the resentment of all those who had suffered because of this man, I added【Heaven Sunder】as well.

The technique was now complete.

With the Divine Sword drawn…


«Heavenly Annihilation • Ragnarok»!


The longsword carved a long crack into the ground as it swept upward with brilliant force, cleaving Rex cleanly in two from between his legs all the way to the crown of his head.

The slash then soared toward the heavens, splitting the clouds… no, splitting the heavens themselves.

If we had been inside a Dungeon, I could have simply swung the sword downward, but we were on the surface.

If I unleashed my full power downward now, the North American continent would not escape unscathed. That was why I swung upward toward the sky.


『Unique Skill Acquired【The One】』


—————————
—————————

—————————————
E/N:

To explain in simple terms, it is most likely that Rex's (6ft under 😂) Unique Skill, The One only copies the base stat + involuntary enhancement stat value of the target and gives him double of that value as his own.

If target has 1000 base stat + let's say, 500 involuntary enhancement like from Peerless or from that Soul Harvest dagger, then Rex would get 1,500 x 2 as his own stats.

Now, that plus any of his normal voluntary enhancements like Physical Boost or Herculean Strength would only take him as far as stat x 4 (check back if wrong) while Yuito's Unique Skills give him x 10.

While Yuito's defense couldn't complete with Rex's 34 billion stats, which was why he was cautious, he was already 50 times stronger than Rex!

So even if Rex had double the base + inv. enhc., Yuito was already enhanced and slimed him and his bodily remains to oblivion🤣🤣🤣.

Stay tuned!

—————————————

————————————————————
————————————————————


Previous       Table of Contents       Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Seems the Convenience Store Clerk Ossan That Got Dragged Into the Teleportation of an Entire Class Will Make Use of the Leftover Skills the Heroes Didn’t Want and Become the Strongest

Soul Devourer of Infinite Growth ~ Stealing Physical Stats and Skills from Monsters and Hunters to Ultimately Slay a God Through Infinite Growth ~

Konbini Ossan Volume 1 Chapter 25 – Herb Gathering and Skill Imbuing