Ossan Saikyō Chapter 12 Part 13

A classless dungeon refers to a dungeon that the Adventurer's Guild cannot assign a class to because there is insufficient information about it.

According to Sir Hershville , the first 5 underground floors were roughly equivalent to the lower ranks of A-Rank, and apparently the Boss on the 5th floor was also a lower A-rank monster, a Cerberus.

The Royal Keystone was a dungeon with a high-class atmosphere, its passageways formed from a stone resembling marble. Even so, as we proceeded through the corridors, branches appeared just like in an ordinary dungeon.

As instructed, I asked Hershville which route to take and continued onward, when【Presence Detection】reacted.

There were 3 of them: large ogres with their upper bodies bare, each carrying a greatsword, known as Ogre Adepts. They were apparently skilled in swordsmanship, and even an ordinary A-Rank adventurer would have a hard time fighting one one-on-one.


“Fufufu... Since it's the first encounter, I'll take one out for you.”


Saying that, Lady Meldorza cast the fire-attribute spell «Flame Bolt». As expected of someone with the【Blitz】skill, and there were about 20 flaming arrows flying through the air.

One of the Ogre Adepts, which had still been watching from a distance, was engulfed in flames and collapsed. Taking that as their signal, the other two charged forward with a roar. They accelerated partway through.

Is that the【Dash】skill?

As the frontliner, I swung my mace horizontally. Of course, it was accompanied by【Shockwave】. The two Ogre Adepts were struck by the wall of force almost like a counterattack, their entire bodies crumpling as they were blown away.

Unfortunately, they were probably killed instantly.


“Good grief, was that【Shockwave】? It's frightening enough that you can do that simply by swinging that mace, but to take down two A-Rank monsters with a single attack... You've already shown us something impressive.”


“Perhaps you won't need my support after all. Fufu~...”


As expected of former A-Rank adventurers and the kingdom's 3rd and 4th-Ranked Royal Guard Knights, they didn't seem particularly surprised by something of this level.

After that, more Ogre Adepts continued to appear, but it seemed that 3-4 at a time was the usual number. Since I was accustomed to fighting more than 15 at once, it felt a little unsatisfying.

Besides【Dash】, they also used a skill that sent slashes flying, but【Shockwave】basically took care of everything.

I tried crossing swords with one of them once, but despite being called an Adept Master, its sword movements were completely obvious and it was no match for me. I really do feel like I acquired a skill that extends my perception of time during my battle with Zaikal.

After about 30 minutes, we reached the stairs leading to the 2nd underground floor. I had somehow simply continued forward, but even though this was an A-Rank dungeon, I didn't think the difficulty was particularly high.

Thinking that perhaps I really was abnormal, I continued down to the 2nd floor.

On the 2nd underground floor, the number of Ogre Adepts increased to 5-6.

That said, there was no particular problem. After using【Provoke】to draw them toward us, I finished them off with consecutive【Shockwaves】utilizing【Whiplash】. In fact, this combination felt downright unfair.


“I see. Drawing them in with【Provoke】and then wiping them all out at once. It's a common tactic, but using it against A-Rank monsters is extraordinary.”


“Someone with that kind of strength and a high level of【Whiplash】must be extremely rare even among A-Rank adventurers. As expected of the〘Twilight Slayer〙.”


The two following behind me seemed to be paying particular attention to that as well.

After tossing the mana stones and greatswords that served as materials into my【Item Box】, we reached the stairs to the 3rd underground floor in about 30 minutes.


“I'd like to continue onward. Are either of you having any problems?”


“Yes, nothing in particular. I haven't really done anything... Are you all right yourself, Soushi-dono?”


Hershville gave me a slightly bewildered look. Even I couldn't deny that I was progressing through an A-Rank dungeon rather too easily. Then again, I was simply extremely well suited to close-range physical monsters.


“I have confidence in my stamina. Let us continue.”


From the 3rd underground floor onward, the monsters that appeared were boar-like monsters called Titan Boars, about the size of small elephants.

Their entire bodies were covered in stiff metallic bristles, giving them high physical and magical resistance. On top of that, their signature【Dash】skill-powered charge was apparently a formidable attack that left little room for cheap tricks.

But for me, they were practically the perfect type of opponent...


“Fufufu... Am I dreaming? A Titan Boar being blown to pieces with a single hit...”


“No, I'm seeing it too, so this is reality. I feel a little sorry for His Majesty and the Chancellor, but there may not be much point in reporting this to them.”


And so that was how things ended up.

Incidentally, their meat was apparently a premium pork delicacy that only high-ranking nobles could eat. It would make a good souvenir for Rani.

On the 4th underground floor, the only change was that more Titan Boars appeared, so the amount of premium pork in my【Item Box】simply increased.

As I tossed chunks of meat weighing around 10 kilos into my【Item Box】one after another, Harsiville approached me with a furrowed brow.


“Soushi-dono, I believe you're putting a considerable amount of materials into your【Item Box】. Are you sure that's all right?”


“Yes, this much is nothing. I have confidence in my stamina.”


That was what I said, but in truth, because this was an A-Rank dungeon, I had brought out the equipment I normally kept stored away. Come to think of it, that's probably why my body feels so light. I had almost forgotten how much power I actually possessed.

Now, the 5th underground floor.

From here onward, the Lesser Dragon that had been the normal Boss of a D-Rank dungeon appeared. Accordingly, the corridors were about 30 meters wide and tall, extending in a straight line all the way to the Boss room.

After walking for a while, black mist began to gather, and a dragon roughly 15 meters long appeared. It didn't possess the same imposing presence as the Darkflare Dragon I had fought before, but it still had enough intimidation to make it unmistakably a dragon.

What's more, two appeared simultaneously rather than just one, making the spacious corridor suddenly feel narrow.


“Meldorza-sama, I'm sorry to ask this, but if it takes flight, could you attack its wings and bring it down?”


“Understood. I wonder if I'll finally get a chance to be useful again after so long.”


“Soushi-dono, I can bring down a flying dragon as well.”


Hershville raised his spear as he said this. I assumed he had a skill for ranged attacks.


“Then please do so as well, Hershville-dono.”


“Certainly.”


As I stepped forward, one of the dragons took to the air while the other drew its head back, preparing to unleash its breath.

The moment the Lesser Dragon took flight, flaming arrows pierced it, followed by Hershville's mithril spear impaling its neck. The spear then turned around in midair and returned to Hershville. That was quite an incredible skill.

The other dragon unleashed its breath. It was a fiery breath attack, but it couldn't possibly compare to the one from the Darkflare Dragon. I canceled it out with several【Shockwaves】, then charged forward and struck its leg once.

As its head came crashing down, I blew it apart with my mace.

The one that had fallen was already barely alive. I brought my mace down on its head as well, putting it out of its misery.

The material was dragon scales. Unfortunately, compared to those of the Darkflare Dragon, they were several levels inferior. Even so, they apparently fetched a good price.


“This is the first time I've seen someone completely block a breath attack with【Shockwave】. Usually, people run out of stamina partway through.”


“How do people normally deal with it?”


“Meldorza can cancel it out with magic. If you can't do that, the basic approach is to move out of the way and dodge it.”


Perhaps because my question had been strange, Hershville answered with an awkward smile.

I had learned to cancel attacks out from the beginning, but when I thought about it, normally one would start by simply dodging.

In any case, after defeating around 10 Lesser Dragons as we proceeded, we arrived in front of a large door. Now, it was finally time to face an A-Rank Boss, even if it was a lower-ranking one.

Moreover, this time I wouldn't have Freynil's support from『Halo』. I was somewhat uneasy, but judging from the reactions of the two accompanying me, it seemed we would be fine.


“I'd like to enter the Boss room. Are you both all right with that?”


“I'm ready.”


“I'm fine as well.”


“Then let us proceed.”


I nodded to the two of them and opened the door to the Boss room.


—————————————
E/N:

That Cerberus gonna have 6 heads or something thanks to Bad Luck-sensei, I'm guessing 😂!

Stay tuned!

—————————————

————————————————————
————————————————————


Previous       Table of Contents       Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Seems the Convenience Store Clerk Ossan That Got Dragged Into the Teleportation of an Entire Class Will Make Use of the Leftover Skills the Heroes Didn’t Want and Become the Strongest

Soul Devourer of Infinite Growth ~ Stealing Physical Stats and Skills from Monsters and Hunters to Ultimately Slay a God Through Infinite Growth ~

Konbini Ossan Volume 1 Chapter 25 – Herb Gathering and Skill Imbuing