Ossan Saikyō Chapter 12 Part 12

After finishing the day's activities, we returned to the inn once.

I had agreed to the dungeon request on my own authority, and tomorrow I would enter the Royal Keystone together with the handsome young knight, Lord Hershville, and the beautiful Demonkin, Lady Meldorza.

As for Lady Shizuna's matter, I told them I would first get the agreement of the other members, so I had asked them to wait until tomorrow for my answer.

After dinner, I gathered everyone in my room.

Regarding Lady Shizuna, we unanimously decided to accept the request.

Since it was a request from the Royal Family, it was difficult to refuse, but the women had also grown fond of Lady Shizuna, and they were quite curious to see the Orz Kingdom they had heard so many rumors about. I myself strongly wanted to visit it as well.

As for the dungeon, since I would be the only one entering, Freynil was worried about me, while Rani pleaded, “I want to go too!”. But there was no further argument.


“I’m ashamed to admit that I didn’t know about a dungeon called the Royal Keystone. Is it well known?”


Mariane was the one who responded to my question.


“Yes. It is well known that the Royal Capital was built around the Royal Keystone. It is a dungeon where valuable materials and treasures can be obtained, and apparently only those authorized by the Royal Family are allowed to enter.
…
In that sense, the greatest reward this time may actually be that you have been granted permission to enter it, Soushi-san.”


“It was a bigger deal than I expected.”


“Yes. The Guild would also like to learn as much as possible about the Royal Keystone, so if possible, please tell us about it after you return.”


“I understand. That is, if they don't make me swear to keep quiet about it.”


Apparently, there were still many common knowledge things about this world that I knew nothing about. In any case, being able to enter such a restricted dungeon was exciting in its own way.


“Now then, there’s one last thing I want to discuss. Actually, I’m thinking of offering the《Elixir》we obtained recently to the Royal Family.”


Everyone looked surprised for a moment at my sudden proposal.

Mariane's eyes opened the widest of all. Come to think of it, I had never told them that we possessed the《Elixir》.

Naturally, Rani was the first to voice her question.


“You're going to offer the《Elixir》to the Royal Family? Why would you do that?”


“Actually, Mr. Toronto told me that the Queen seems to be seriously ill. Freynil, didn't you hear anything about it from the Princess?”


“Yes... I heard a little about it in the carriage. Big Sister Margalotte said that she had gone to obtain medicine, but had been unable to get it. However, she never mentioned the《Elixir》.”


“When I went to speak with His Majesty the King today, I happened to overhear a conversation. Apparently, there was some dispute with the Church over that《Elixir》. From the atmosphere, it seemed as though the Church was withholding an《Elixir》they already possessed.”


I lowered my voice, causing Spheneia to furrow her brows.


“Does that mean the Church is trying to use the《Elixir》as a bargaining chip to exert some kind of influence over the Royal Family?”


“It seemed that way from the King's side as well.”


“That’s terrible... To use the Queen's life as a bargaining chip...”


It was only natural that Freynil looked saddened. I didn't know what kind of relationship existed between the Royal Family and the Church, but watching a negotiation that effectively held someone's life hostage was certainly unpleasant.


“Mariane-san, I've only been in this country for a short time, so I don't really know, but what kind of reputation does the current King have among the common people?”


“I don't think I've heard much that is negative. According to the Guildmaster here in the Royal Capital, His Majesty also understands the Adventurers' Guild well. What about among the elves?”


“Hmm... There have been requests for stronger measures against slave hunters, but aside from that, nothing in particular.”


“As beastmen, I suppose there are some who say things have become easier when it comes to work. But the slave hunters are still a problem. It's because of Mekalinan, but the southern border does feel a little too lax.”


“I see...”


Putting aside the issue of the border, if there were no other complaints, then he was probably governing relatively well. Indeed, from everything I had seen so far, I had no particularly bad impression of this country.


“I met and spoke with His Majesty today as well, and I felt that he was a sensible person. Having a connection with the Royal Family isn't a bad thing for our party either. So unless anyone strongly objects, I'm thinking of offering the《Elixir》tomorrow after seeing how things stand. What do you think?”


“I think we should give it to them if the Queen's life is in danger.”


“Knowing you, Soushi, I feel like you'll be able to get another one soon anyway, so I think it's fine.”


“I agree with Soushi-san's opinion. There are also Mekalinan's ominous movements to consider. As elves, we would certainly prefer to avoid any disturbance within the Royal Family at this point.”


“As the Guild, we believe it would actually be desirable for〈Saul's Guidance〉to possess influence externally.”


And so, we settled on a general course of action regarding the matters at hand.

The question was what consequences this would bring to〈Saul's Guidance〉, but I could only trust that things would turn out for the better. Though I couldn't deny that I felt as if the diligent Mr.【Bad Luck】was guiding me toward this...

◇◆◇

The following morning, our entire party headed to the Royal Castle.

We were taken to the same waiting room as yesterday, where the women would remain. Apparently, the Princess had requested to spend some time interacting with the female members of〈Saul's Guidance〉, so they would probably spend the time talking over tea.

I had also left a deck of playing cards with them, so they should have something to pass the time.

Meanwhile, Mr. Raylott led me deeper into the castle. After passing through several sturdy-looking doors and descending a staircase underground, we arrived at a spacious stone-built underground chamber.

Chancellor Julios, the young Mr. Hershville, and Lady Meldorza were waiting there.

When Julios saw me, he bowed.


“Thank you for your cooperation today. Hershville and Meldorza are here to assess Soushi-dono's abilities, but you may treat them essentially as party members. If necessary, please feel free to give them orders during battle.”


“I understand. I look forward to working with both of you.”


“As the man known as the〘Twilight Slayer〙, I am eager to properly study Soushi-dono's abilities.”


The young Lord Hershville gave me a relaxed smile. He was equipped with the same armor and weapon as when I first met him: blue-silver armor and a mithril spear.


“Fufu... I am looking forward to this as well. If you need magic, just let me know.”


Lady Meldorza had a mysterious air about her and was dressed in a witch-like outfit primarily in black. The open neckline and deep slit in her skirt made it rather difficult to know where to look.

When I took my usual mace and shield out of the【Item Box】, the other three besides Hershville looked slightly surprised.

Julios nodded and opened an iron door at the back of the room. Beyond it was nothing but a staircase descending into darkness.


“An experienced A-Rank party can clear the 5 underground floors of the Royal Keystone in about 2 toki (roughly 4 hours). Hershville and Meldorza are both thoroughly familiar with the route to the 5th floor Boss room, so please let them guide you. I wish you good fortune.”


“Thank you. Then, we shall be off.”


I bowed to Julios and Raylott, then entered the classless dungeon, the Royal Keystone, accompanied by the young Hershville and Lady Meldorza.


—————————————
E/N:

Let's show 'em who's Daddy! I mean, the Boss! 🤣 

Stay tuned!

—————————————

————————————————————
————————————————————


Previous       Table of Contents       Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Seems the Convenience Store Clerk Ossan That Got Dragged Into the Teleportation of an Entire Class Will Make Use of the Leftover Skills the Heroes Didn’t Want and Become the Strongest

Soul Devourer of Infinite Growth ~ Stealing Physical Stats and Skills from Monsters and Hunters to Ultimately Slay a God Through Infinite Growth ~

Konbini Ossan Volume 1 Chapter 25 – Herb Gathering and Skill Imbuing