Ossan Saikyō Chapter 11 — The Wandering Dungeon | | Part 01


━━━━━━━━━━

 Soushi Okuno

 C-Rank

 Adventurer Level 43


 Weapon Skills

  【Mace】Lv.38
  【Longsword】Lv.12
  【Dagger】Lv.8
  【Martial Arts】Lv.25

 Defense Skills

  【Buckler】Lv.19
  【Tower Shield】Lv.21

 Physical Skills

  【Vitality】Lv.41
  【Strength】Lv.48
  【Speed】Lv.29
  【Surge】Lv.28
  【Reflex】Lv.27
  【Body Control】Lv.18

 Sensory Skills

  【Vision】Lv.19
  【Hearing】Lv.17
  【Scent】Lv.10
  【Touch】Lv.11
  【Dynamic Acuity】Lv.27
  【Presence Detection】Lv.16

 Mental Skills

  【Composure】Lv.16
  【Thought Acceleration】Lv.13
  【Fury】Lv.5

 Special Skills

  【Regeneration】Lv.12
  【Stability】Lv.20 (MAX)
  【Might】Lv.20 (MAX)
  【Adamant】Lv.7
  【Steel Body】Lv.20 (MAX)
  【Diamond Body】Lv.4 (NEW)
  【Whiplash】Lv.13
  【Heavy Burst】Lv.20 (MAX)
  【Grip】Lv.15
  【Shockwave】Lv.10
  【Steadfast】Lv.11
  【Steel Core】Lv.10
  【Fortress】Lv.3 (NEW)
  【Poison Resistance】Lv.5
  【Illusion Resistance】Lv.4
  【Paralysis Resistance】Lv.3
  【Charm Resistance】Lv.5
  【Item Box】Lv.13
  【Marshal's Bearing】Lv.1 (NEW)

 Unique Skills

  【Bad Luck】Lv.10

 Special Equipments

 《Abberant Mace》•『Unranked Weapon

 《Agility Boost Ring》•『Agility +1

 《Insulation Ring》•『Fire Resistance +1

━━━━━━━━━━



━━━━━━━━━━

 Freynil

 C-Rank

 Adventurer Level 28


 Weapon Skills

  【Spear】Lv.3
  【Martial Arts】Lv.6
  【Staff】Lv.19

 Defense Skills

  【Buckler】Lv.7

 Physical Skills

  【Vitality】Lv.18
  【Strength】Lv.10
  【Speed】Lv.17
  【Surge】Lv.10
  【Reflex】Lv.10
  【Body Control】Lv.7

 Sensory Skills

  【Vision】Lv.14
  【Hearing】Lv.11
  【Scent】Lv.7
  【Touch】Lv.8
  【Dynamic Acuity】Lv.10
  【Presence Detection】Lv.11

 Mental Skills

  【Devotion】Lv.11
  【Concentration】Lv.20

 Special Skills

  【Holy Magic】Lv.20 (MAX)
  【True Holy Magic】Lv.1 (NEW)
  【Divine Magic】Lv.11
  【Life Magic】Lv.10
  【Barrier Magic】Lv.8
  【Dual Cast】Lv.6
  【Amplify】Lv.2 (NEW)
  【Steel Body】Lv.4
  【Sanctity】Lv.7
  【Vital Aura】Lv.7
  【Parsimony】Lv.12
  【Crucible】Lv.8
  【Remote Cast】Lv.4
  【Poison Resistance】Lv.3
  【Wellspring】Lv.1 (NEW)

 Unique Skills

  【Saint's Eye】Lv.5

 Special Equipments

 《Mourning Staff》『C-Rank

 《Mana Boost Ring》『Magic Power +1

 《Mind Circlet》『Concentration +1

━━━━━━━━━━



━━━━━━━━━━

 Rani

 C-Rank

 Adventurer Level 29


 Weapon Skills

  【Longsword】Lv.27
  【Dagger】Lv.8
  【Martial Arts】Lv.12

 Defense Skills

  【Buckler】Lv.9

 Physical Skills

  【Vitality】Lv.23
  【Strength】Lv.21
  【Speed】Lv.32
  【Surge】Lv.28
  【Reflex】Lv.29
  【Body Control】Lv.20

 Sensory Skills

  【Vision】Lv.14
  【Hearing】Lv.20
  【Scent】Lv.23
  【Touch】Lv.11
  【Dynamic Acuity】Lv.21
  【Presence Detection】Lv.18

 Mental Skills

  【Courage】Lv.10
  【Thought Acceleration】Lv.8

 Special Skills

  【Enchantment Magic】Lv.10
  【Dash】Lv.12
  【Steel Body】Lv.10
  【Might】Lv.10
  【Critical Strike】Lv.12
  【Sever】Lv.10
  【Vault】Lv.12
  【Airstride】Lv.10
  【Nimble】Lv.10
  【Dampening】Lv.7
  【Stability】Lv.3
  【Steel Core】Lv.2 (NEW)
  【Edge Lunge】Lv.2 (NEW)
  【Crucible】Lv.2 (NEW)
  【Poison Resistance】Lv.4
  【Paralysis Resistance】Lv.3
  【Cold Resistance】Lv.3

 Unique Skills

  【Jinx】Lv.5

 Special Equipments

 《Strength Boost Ring》•『Strength +1

 《Accel-Edge Bracelet》•『Speed Blade +1

━━━━━━━━━━



━━━━━━━━━━

 Sphenia

 C-Rank

 Adventurer Level 35


 Weapon Skills

  【Short-Bow】Lv.29
  【Rapier】Lv.10
  【Dagger】Lv.7
  【Martial Arts】Lv.9

 Defense Skills

  【Buckler】Lv.11

 Physical Skills

  【Vitality】Lv.19
  【Strength】Lv.17
  【Speed】Lv.20
  【Surge】Lv.19
  【Reflex】Lv.17
  【Body Control】Lv.20

 Sensory Skills

  【Vision】Lv.24
  【Hearing】Lv.14
  【Scent】Lv.8
  【Touch】Lv.9
  【Dynamic Acuity】Lv.23
  【Presence Detection】Lv.21

 Mental Skills

  【Composure】Lv.18
  【Thought Acceleration】Lv.12
  【Concentration】Lv.20

 Special Skills

  【Fire Magic】Lv.20 (MAX)
  【Water Magic】Lv.16
  【Wind Magic】Lv.20 (MAX)
  【Advanced Wind Magic】Lv.2 (NEW)
  【Earth Magic】Lv.15
  【Blitz】Lv.2 (NEW)
  【Steel Body】Lv.9
  【Might】Lv.8
  【Stability】Lv.8
  【Parsimony】Lv.15
  【Farsight】Lv.16
  【Critical Strike】Lv.17
  【Sniping】Lv.17
  【Arc Shot】Lv.2 (NEW)
  【Longshot】Lv.11
  【Pierce】Lv.5
  【Poison Resistance】Lv.5
  【Paralysis Resistance】Lv.4
  【Illusion Resistance】Lv.4
  【Confusion Resistance】Lv.4

 Unique Skills

   ???

 Special Equipments

 《Concentration Boost Ring》•『Concentration +1

 《White Heron Bow》•『D-Rank; Effect:『Immobilize (Minor)』

━━━━━━━━━━



━━━━━━━━━━

 Mariane

 Former C-Rank

 Adventurer Level 32


 Weapon Skills

  【Longsword】Lv.12
  【Dagger】Lv.27
  【Martial Arts】Lv.12
  【Throwing Blade】Lv.20

 Defense Skills

  【Buckler】Lv.9

 Physical Skills

  【Vitality】Lv.18
  【Strength】Lv.16
  【Speed】Lv.26
  【Surge】Lv.29
  【Reflex】Lv.24
  【Body Control】Lv.20

 Sensory Skills

  【Vision】Lv.18
  【Hearing】Lv.17
  【Scent】Lv.12
  【Touch】Lv.19
  【Dynamic Acuity】Lv.21
  【Presence Detection】Lv.19

 Mental Skills

  【Composure】Lv.14
  【Thought Acceleration】Lv.12

 Special Skills

  【Affliction】Lv.3 (NEW)
  【Dash】Lv.13
  【Quick Step】Lv.11
  【Steel Body】Lv.7
  【Might】Lv.6
  【Sever】Lv.3 (NEW)
  【Critical Strike】Lv.14
  【Throwing】Lv.13
  【Sniping】Lv.6
  【Farsight】Lv.7
  【Nimble】Lv.14
  【Impact Absorption】Lv.6
  【Stability】Lv.3
  【Stealth】Lv.13
  【Appraisal】Lv.14
  【Charm Resistance】Lv.2
  【Poison Resistance】Lv.5
  【Paralysis Resistance】Lv.5
  【Fire Resistance】Lv.2
  【Cold Resistance】Lv.2

 Unique Skills

   ???

 Special Equipments

 《Strength Ring》•『Strength +1

━━━━━━━━━━

◇◆◇

As expected, we took the day after the celebration off from adventuring, and I spent the entire morning catching up on the sleep I'd missed after not getting back until dawn.

I'd expected Rani to say something when I returned, but all I got was;


You reek of alcohol!


That was enough to avoid taking a serious hit to my standing with the girls.

Around noon I woke up, roused Freynil, who had been clinging to me in her sleep, and the five of us sat down for a meal.

(E/N: The what now?!)

Rani and Sphenia had apparently spent the morning relaxing at the inn, but Mariane had gone to work at the Guild as usual.


“So we're going to clear the other C-Rank dungeon first?”


Sphenia asked that over the meal.

Ever since yesterday, I felt like the way she looked at me had become oddly misty-eyed.


“Yeah. It's a 15-floored dungeon, so let's take three days to clear it. After that, if Count Lautrec has summoned us, we'll have no choice but to head there. Though I doubt a summons would arrive in only three days.”


“No, I believe it will. The governor of this town can communicate using a《Voice Link Magic Tool》, so the message itself should arrive almost immediately.”


“《Voice Link Magic Tool》?”


“You've never heard of it, Soushi-san? It's a magical device that allows people to speak over long distances. It consumes an enormous number of magic stones, though, so only a handful of people actually use one.”


“So they even have something like that...”


Come to think of it, Mariane always seemed to stay in close contact with the Guild's Grandmaster.

Maybe magical communication devices were only natural in a world like this.


“Now that you mention it, this town has a governor too, doesn't it? In that case, I suppose he'd summon me before the Count would.”


“It's possible the Guild has already received the summons. They wouldn't contact the inn directly, so Mariane would most likely be the one to inform us.”


“If that's the case, whether we'll even be able to enter the dungeon tomorrow is questionable.”


Fighting powerful enemies was one thing.

But getting tangled up with influential nobles was simply troublesome.

If my goal were climbing the social ladder, I ought to be delighted.

But my only objective was living a long life.

More importantly, considering Freynil's circumstances, I wanted to avoid contact with the nobility as much as possible.

As I sighed, Rani's ears twitched.


“Well, if they're going to reward you, you should accept it. There's no way defeating one of the Twilight Kin would go unrewarded.”


“In the past, there were even stories of adventurers being elevated into the nobility. If it's Soushi-sama, I don't think that would be impossible.”


“No, Fray, you're giving me far too much credit. Besides, I have no interest in rising through the ranks.”


“I believe Soushi-sama would make an excellent noble. If that happened, then I would also-!”


“Oh, Mariane's back.”


Just as Rani said, Mariane entered through the doorway.

The problem was...

There was a man behind her who was unmistakably a government official.

Mariane walked over to me and whispered,


“Soushi-san, the Governor of this town has requested your presence. Once you've finished eating, please accompany this gentleman to the governor's residence.”


“Understood. I'll get ready immediately. I'm going alone, right?”


“Yes. Also... it seems Count Lautrec happened to arrive in town yesterday evening on an inspection tour. You'll most likely be meeting him there as well.”


“...What?”


In one sense, that was fortunate...

But a Count was still a high-ranking noble.

Even if I had to meet one eventually, I'd have appreciated a little more time to prepare myself mentally.

◇◆◇

After making myself look as presentable as possible, I climbed into the carriage with the official who had come as my escort.

About five minutes later, after rattling along the stone-paved streets, the carriage stopped before an especially grand mansion in the town's central district.

I followed the messenger inside.

The Governor's residence was elegant without being ostentatious.

Even so, it was more than luxurious enough to be called a mansion.

I was shown into a reception room decorated with several works of art and told to wait.

As I idly admired the displays, there came a knock at the door.

A sincere-looking gentleman in his 40s entered, followed by a stern elderly man with a magnificent white beard.

Behind them came a young man and woman who appeared to be Awakened.

Naturally, they were acting as bodyguards.

Judging by his attire, the white-bearded elder could only be Count Lautrec himself.

Even someone like me, who had spent his entire life wearing cheap clothes, could tell at a glance how extraordinarily elaborate his garments were.

Compared to these clothes, even the expensive suits my company president had always bragged about would have looked like fast fashion.

(E/N: Fast fashion is a business model that quickly makes cheap clothing to copy the newest styles.)

I remained standing and bowed.

The gentleman in his 40s returned the bow first.


“My apologies for summoning the Hero of this town while you are still recovering from your ordeal. I am Rodnik, the governor of Bartlan. First and foremost, allow me to express my deepest gratitude for saving this town from disaster.”


“I am Soushi, a C-Rank adventurer. In truth, I merely fulfilled my duty as an adventurer. However, if my actions truly spared this town from calamity, then I am honored to have been of service.”


I answered as modestly as I could.

Rodnik looked somewhat surprised.

Perhaps he hadn't expected an adventurer to possess any manners at all.

The elderly noble standing behind him, however, seemed to narrow his eyes even further.


“Hmm... I see. It would seem only an adventurer beyond the ordinary could defeat one of the Twilight Kin. Although I was the one who summoned you, this town lies within the domain of Count Lautrec.
And the noble before you is Count Lautrec himself. Therefore, from this point onward, His Excellency will address you directly.”


Rodnik stepped aside.

The white-bearded noble...

Count Lautrec...

Took a step forward.

I hurriedly dropped to one knee and lowered my head.

Honestly, I had no idea what the proper etiquette was.

But I vaguely remembered characters in games doing something like this.


“My name is Soushi, an adventurer. It is a great honor to be granted an audience with Count Lautrec, and-!”


“Hahaha! Enough, enough. I've already heard about you from Viscount Varius. He spoke of a remarkably promising adventurer who knows proper courtesy.
However, adventurers in this kingdom are not expected to observe such formal etiquette. It would be different before the Royal Family, of course, but today you needn't be so stiff.”


“Y-Yes, sir.”


When I raised my head, the stern expression he'd worn moments ago had vanished.

Instead, Count Lautrec smiled warmly like a kindly old grandfather.

◇◆◇


“So then, defeating the member of the Twilight Kin was entirely the result of chance?”


“Yes. Under those circumstances, it didn't seem anyone else was capable of stepping forward. Since I was barely able to move even under the influence of the Twilight Kin's power, I had no choice but to fight.”


We now sat facing one another across an expensive-looking table in the reception room.

The Count's two bodyguards stood behind him, while Rodnik remained quietly at his side.


“『Anima』... I've heard that the Twilight Kin possess such a power. Some use it to select those worthy of fighting them. Since you were able to withstand it, you are undoubtedly one of the strong.”


“I'm honored. However, as someone with little experience, I still find it difficult to judge the extent of my own strength.”


“To possess such power despite having been an adventurer for less than half a year... how fascinating. I've never heard of someone Awakening at almost the same age as my own son.”


The Count stroked his white beard thoughtfully.

Now that he mentioned it, he was probably around my father's age.

Though his dignified bearing made him seem far older.


“Very well. That explanation is sufficient regarding the circumstances of the subjugation. Many witnessed you defeating the Twilight Kin, and the mana stone submitted to the Guild confirms the truth.”


“Thank you very much.”


“The Adventurers Guild and I shall both report this matter to the Royal Family. In due time, some form of Royal Decree will no doubt be issued.”


“If I may ask... assuming such a Decree is forthcoming, approximately how long should I expect to wait?”


“Let's see... The report itself should reach the King and Chancellor within three days. After that they'll decide upon an appropriate reward... so perhaps three weeks.”


Apparently, bureaucracy took time even in this world.

Then again, considering the amount of work handled by the Royal Family, perhaps three weeks was actually rather quick.

As I was thinking that, the Count leaned forward slightly and lowered his voice.


“By the way, I hear your party is particularly effective against the undead. Is that true?”


“Well... we do have a companion capable of using【Holy Magic】, so I believe we're stronger against them than most adventurer parties.”


“Hmm. The man who defeated one of the Twilight Kin, accompanied by a wielder of【Holy Magic】... not bad. Reinan, Reisei, what do you two think?”


The Count turned toward his bodyguards.

Looking at them more closely, I realized they had almost identical faces.

Their builds made it obvious one was male and the other female, but both possessed remarkably androgynous features and appeared to be around 20 years old.

They were probably twins.

If so, twin Awakened were supposed to be extremely rare.

Though dressed in ornate clothing befitting the retainers of a high-ranking noble, the swords and short staff at their waists were practical rather than decorative.


“Yes, Your Excellency! If he is an adventurer capable of defeating one of the Twilight Kin, I see no issue whatsoever!”


The one who answered was the young man.

His sincerity was evident in every word.


“I agree too~.”


The young woman's way of speaking, on the other hand, felt completely out of place.

Just as my knees nearly gave out, the Count nodded and turned back toward me.


“Very well. Soushi-dono, there is actually a request I would like to entrust to your party. Not far from my capital, Balbadoza, an unusually large number of undead have begun appearing.
I would like you to investigate the cause. Balbadoza is also quite close to the Royal Capital, so it should be a convenient place for you to stay. What do you say?”


At those words, I sensed the beginning of yet another troublesome event.

At the same time, I realized that this was likely one of the unavoidable duties that came with becoming a high-ranking adventurer.


——————
E/N:

Hoo… Undead, huh… Is it related to those stiched corpse zombies or Devils?

Stay tuned to find out!

——————

——————————
——————————


Previous       Table of Contents       Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Seems the Convenience Store Clerk Ossan That Got Dragged Into the Teleportation of an Entire Class Will Make Use of the Leftover Skills the Heroes Didn’t Want and Become the Strongest

Soul Devourer of Infinite Growth ~ Stealing Physical Stats and Skills from Monsters and Hunters to Ultimately Slay a God Through Infinite Growth ~

Konbini Ossan Volume 1 Chapter 25 – Herb Gathering and Skill Imbuing