Ossan Saikyō Chapter 11 Part 06
After fighting our way past the armored headless swordsmen, we reached the door to the Boss room about 30 minutes later.
By this point, we had encountered around 20 Headless Soldiers in total. According to Mariane, an average B-Rank party would have struggled against them.
My senses had become somewhat dulled because I was simply too strong against close-range physical opponents, but there was no doubt this was an extremely difficult dungeon.
“Well then... the Boss. We've come this far, so there's no point turning back now.”
“I agree! We have Fray's『Halo』, there are five of us, and we've got Soushi, who's basically A-Rank. There shouldn't be any problem!”
Rani raised her hand and hopped up and down excitedly.
She looked just like a child eager to go out and play...
Though, considering her age, perhaps that wasn't strange at all.
“From the Guild's perspective, if a new dungeon is discovered, we'll eventually have to ask a capable party to clear it first anyway.〈Saul's Guidance〉is already considered one of those capable parties, so I'd like you to continue the investigation.”
With Mariane's opinion as well, the decision to challenge the Boss was made.
“Alright then, we'll proceed as usual. By the way, Mariane-san, assuming this is an upper-tier B-Rank undead dungeon, what kind of Boss should we expect?”
“Let's see... On the magic side, perhaps a Grand Lich. If it's a warrior type, then a Headless Adept. For spirit-types, an Aurora Phantom... Or perhaps a demonic-type Vampire.”
“So the troublesome ones would be the magic-users and spirit-types. If that's the case, we'll be relying on Fray, Sphenia, and Rani's magic sword.”
“Leave it to me.”
“Understood.”
“You got it!”
Personally...
I'd kind of like to meet the famous Vampire.
...Well, whatever happens, happens.
“Alright. Let's go.”
After confirming everyone was ready, I pushed open the massive door carved to resemble a gravestone.
◇◆◇
The Boss room was unlike anything I'd seen before.
The atmosphere resembled the audience chamber of a royal castle.
A crimson carpet stretched from the entrance all the way to the far end of the room, where a raised platform stood.
Upon it rested what appeared to be a throne.
And sitting upon that throne, one leg crossed over the other...
...was someone, already waiting for us.
“Oh my, you only just entered the dungeon, and yet you've already made it this far? I wonder... are you rather strong humans?”
The monster...
No.
The woman before us was an unearthly beauty clad in a crimson dress that accentuated her voluptuous figure.
Her long hair was closer to pure white than silver.
Her narrow eyes shone a vivid crimson, like fresh blood.
A seductive smile rested upon her lips as red as though painted.
Her skin was so pale it seemed almost transparent.
She possessed an ethereal beauty that hardly seemed human at all.
“W-Wait...! The monster's talking!?”
Rani cried out.
The woman merely uncrossed and recrossed her legs, showing not the slightest sign of offense.
“Isn't it a little rude to call me a monster? Even so, I consider myself something of an ally to humanity.”
“My apologies. Please forgive her careless remark.”
I motioned for Rani to step back before taking a step forward myself.
I still had no idea what was going on.
But instinct told me that I shouldn't make an enemy of the woman before me.
A breathtaking beauty sitting at the deepest point of a newly formed dungeon.
And judging by the fangs visible between her lips, she was clearly either a Vampire or something closely related.
In this world, Vampires were apparently classified as monsters.
Even so...
The person before me didn't feel like the sort of being that could simply be lumped together with ordinary monsters.
“Are you the leader?”
“Yes. My name is Soushi, leader of the adventurer party〈Saul's Guidance〉. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance.”
“Hehe... I'm glad you're an adventurer capable of holding a conversation. Every now and then, there are boorish people who attack first and ask questions later.”
She looked down at us from the throne with cool, composed eyes.
Alright... How should I handle this?
At times like these, the only option was to respond like a proper member of society.
“If I may ask, would you mind telling us who you are?”
“My name is Lylanora. I was born from the『Primordial Providence』... Though, I wonder, what you would call me...? By your human concepts, I suppose a Vampire would be the closest equivalent? That said... I don't particularly enjoy drinking blood.”
“Thank you. If you're here, Lylanora-san, and have chosen to meet with us like this, then I assume there's some reason for it? A moment ago, you referred to yourself as an ally.”
“Not quite. It isn't so much that I have a reason. I simply exist here in accordance with the『Providence』. Nothing more. However... my being here does benefit humanity. That's what I meant when I called myself an ally.”
“Hm……?”
Her answer was so abstract that it didn't really explain anything.
In situations like this, it was better to ask something more concrete.
“When you say you benefit us... in what way, exactly?”
“Why do you humans enter dungeons? The answer lies there.”
“The reason we enter dungeons...? Let's see... To obtain skills, treasure, and combat experience, I suppose.”
“Exactly. My presence here allows you to obtain those things. Surely you understand now.”
Lylanora smiled softly.
I thought I understood what she was getting at.
But if that was really true...
“Could it be... you're saying we should fight you, just as we would a dungeon Boss? In order to obtain skills and treasure?”
At my question, Lylanora narrowed her eyes before gracefully rising from the throne.
“Hehe... You're quite perceptive. Whether I become your ally or not depends entirely upon yourselves. If you can defeat me, you'll obtain what you seek. If you lose... you'll forfeit your lives. It's as simple as that.”
“I understand. One last question, then. If you're defeated... will you lose your life?”
Even I realized it was a strange question.
But judging from everything she'd said, she was clearly some kind of supernatural existence.
Whether or not we needed to hold back depended on the answer.
“Oh my... How kind of you to worry about me. Rest assured. I am immortal. Even if I lose this body here, I shall simply be reborn elsewhere. So please... don't hesitate.”
“In that case, we'll fight without holding back. Everyone, understood?”
I turned to face the others.
“Yes, Soushi-sama. If you say we must fight, then I shall fight.”
“I didn't really understand everything we just talked about, but she's the Boss in the end, right? Then we've got no choice.”
“I think I understand the situation well enough after that conversation. For now... let's fight.”
“Lylanora... I believe I read that name somewhere in the Guild's records... No... this isn't the time. Let's fight.”
That certainly made things easy.
Mariane was obviously curious, but investigating Lylanora could wait.
For all we knew...
She might not even be an opponent we could defeat.
I nodded and turned back toward Lylanora.
“We're ready. Please begin.”
“Very well. Since there are five of you, I suppose I should at least match your numbers. I hope you'll allow me that much.”
As she spoke, Lylanora gracefully spread both arms.
A black mist rose before her.
From within it emerged 4 Headless Soldiers clad in armor.
——————
E/N:
Ossan rizzed the damn dungeon ffs 🤣! The game just got bigger!
Stay tuned!
——————
——————————
——————————
Comments