Soul Devourer Chapter 7 — America | | Episode 01 — The Return Report and the Great Powers' Intentions

After receiving a Legendary-grade weapon as compensation for the fiasco of the〈Semi-Tsar〉, Carmilla and I left Hunter Guild Headquarters.

Stepping through the automatic doors, I immediately activated【Void Magic】. In an instant, we were back in the Troll Dungeon.


“Now then... I only need to let Dad and Mom know I've made it back safely. After that, I guess I'll start raising Carmilla... Ah, I should probably report to Guildmaster Ogawa as well.”


I sent my parents a brief message.


I'm home. I made it back safely.


Then I opened my contacts, found the Guildmaster's number, and tapped the screen.


◇◆◇


“Hunter Matsubara, is something the matter?”


“Good work, Guildmaster. I returned safely from Russia today.”


“Oh, is that so!? Then does that mean you've already conquered every S Rank Dungeon in Russia in such a short time?”


“Yes, I cleared them all. I also obtained quite a few dungeon rewards, so the trip was more fruitful than I could have hoped for.”


“That's wonderful to hear... Unlike what happened in China, there weren't any people trying to harm you, were there?”


“I never expected to be attacked in the territory of an allied nation... But don't worry. I eliminated every last one of them, and after discussing the matter with the Russian side, I made sure they paid proper compensation.”


“...I see. No matter where we go, our country is still looked down upon... Well, the truth is Japan is considered a minor power, so perhaps it's inevitable that we're underestimated.
But I refuse to tolerate anyone looking down on you, Hunter Matsubara!”


“There are people like you, Guildmaster, who evaluate me fairly. That said, there are undoubtedly still fools who underestimate me.
If I come across them, I'll crush them without fail. Once that happens, people will naturally stop carelessly laying their hands on either me or Japan.”


“...You're right. Still, please be careful. If your opponents are weak, that's one thing. But if they possess real strength, you could end up suffering far greater damage than expected.”


“Thank you for the advice. Well then, that's all I had to report, so I'll take my lea-”


“Ah, please wait! Matsubara Hunter.”


“Yes, what is it?”


“Actually, right after you left for Russia, I received a call from the Guildmaster of Hunter's Guild Headquarters in America.”


“America? What did they say?”


“They said they wanted to meet you in person. They didn't reveal the exact reason, however.”


…Now that I've formed an alliance with Russia, what does America want from me?


“...Do you have any idea what America wants to discuss with me?”


“Almost certainly, they intend to recruit you. It's well known that America scouts talented Hunters from other countries.
I imagine their goal is to bring you into their ranks and further solidify their advantage over the rest of the world.”


“I have no intention of transferring to another country. If it's a recruitment offer, I'll decline it. Also... One of my reasons for forming an alliance with Russia was to keep America in check, but would it be difficult to form an alliance with America as well?”


“Absolutely impossible. America seems intent on establishing global dominance. Entering into an alliance that prevents aggression would not be in their best interests.”


“I see. Having no ambition at all is a problem, but having too much ambition is just as troublesome.”


“Everything requires moderation. Also, if you refuse their recruitment offer, there's a chance they may deny you permission to challenge America's dungeons. What will you do if that happens?”


“Let's see... If I want to avoid provoking them unnecessarily, I'd probably either purchase the right to conquer the dungeons with money, or offer dungeon materials free of charge. That's about all I can think of.”


“Would that really be acceptable to you, Hunter Matsubara? It doesn't seem like we'd gain anything from that.”


“No, I don't mind. My objective is to conquer dungeons and obtain their rewards. If I can accomplish that simply by spending money, then that's more than worthwhile.”


“If that's how you feel, then I have nothing further to say. In that case, may I inform America that you're willing to meet and talk?”


“Yes, please.”


“Understood. Then I'll take my leave.”


◇◆◇


After ending the call with the Guild Chief, I gathered Samael and the others before teleporting to the S Rank Dungeon within Japan.

It was around 4 in the afternoon.

I should be able to clear at least one dungeon before the day was over.


—————————
—————————

——————
E/N:

New Volume and as the name suggests… It is my vehement request to my dear readers, to not take this work of fiction seriously.

This Volume is going to be very disturbing if not downright horrible. And a major part of my reader base is from USA, according to the analytics.

So, please read with your own discretion. And I'll try my best to warn as well!

Stay tuned!

——————

——————————
——————————


Previous       Table of Contents       Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Seems the Convenience Store Clerk Ossan That Got Dragged Into the Teleportation of an Entire Class Will Make Use of the Leftover Skills the Heroes Didn’t Want and Become the Strongest

Soul Devourer of Infinite Growth ~ Stealing Physical Stats and Skills from Monsters and Hunters to Ultimately Slay a God Through Infinite Growth ~

Konbini Ossan Volume 1 Chapter 25 – Herb Gathering and Skill Imbuing