Konbini Ossan Volume 17 Chapter 4 — At the End of Long Years

Ninety-eight years.

That much time had passed since the Douki Incident.

In the end, only Arisa and I were never able to have children.

Even so, so that our feelings would never drift apart, we kept talking, sharing, and reaffirming them, even as ten years, twenty years passed.

At the very least, we wished to pour our love into the children.

Even after they became adults and left to live on their own.

Even after they began bringing their own children for us to meet.

Arisa and I never changed. We loved all of the children equally.

Summoned people are closer to monsters than to humans.

That is why they do not visibly age.

But their lifespans varied.

About forty years ago, Maria passed away.

The next was, surprisingly, Saori.

And so, Arisa and I saw off all of our wives except Vladgaria.

For the two of us together, a life nearing one hundred years had been a long one.

But even for us, the end was drawing near.

We could each sense that the other’s life was about to run out.

Our bodies had grown so weak that we were confined to bed.

Arisa sat beside me in an armchair, holding my hand the whole time.


“Arisa.”


“What is it?”


When I called to her, she answered.


“Thank you.”


I forced out the words, wanting at least to say them.


“You really... did so much for me.”


Arisa squeezed my hand tightly and replied.


“Really now, how many times has that been?”


That became our final exchange.

Without pain, without suffering, so quietly that it was impossible to tell who went first, the two of us drew our last breaths.


——————
E/N:

Each time I read the death of Ossan's wives… Man, who tf is cutting onions?! Goddamnit! 🥲 And why does my throat feel as if I ate a mochi?!

Anyway, did you think this was the last chapter? Well too bad, the next one's the last!

Stay tuned!

——————

——————————
Check out my other project -
——————————


Previous       Table of Contents       Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Seems the Convenience Store Clerk Ossan That Got Dragged Into the Teleportation of an Entire Class Will Make Use of the Leftover Skills the Heroes Didn’t Want and Become the Strongest

Soul Devourer of Infinite Growth ~ Stealing Physical Stats and Skills from Monsters and Hunters to Ultimately Slay a God Through Infinite Growth ~

Konbini Ossan Volume 1 Chapter 25 – Herb Gathering and Skill Imbuing