Soul Devourer Chapter 8 Episode 5 — Hellish Grinding Begins
Having entered the SS-Rank dungeon, we began the serious levelling process.
I stepped forward alone, facing Echidna.
Recognizing my presence, a ferocious light appeared in Echidna’s eyes.
GRAAAAAAH!
She unleashed【Roar】to force her prey to its knees.
Then, she invoked【Fire Magic】, causing countless flaming blades to emerge from the magic circles that appeared all around us.
The «Fire Swords» were released all at once. I would have been fine even if I simply let them hit me, but the 3 people behind me would be in danger.
I immediately activated【Magic Absorb】, completely neutralizing the «Fire Swords».
GRAAAAAAH!
Echidna shrieked with【Roar】once again.
This time, a magic circle spread across the sky, and a rain of lightning came pouring down.
I used【Void Magic】integrated into【Axiom】and sent every bolt of lightning raining down straight back at Echidna.
Having taken damage from her own magic, Echidna glared at me with a sharp gaze.
Realizing that her magic attacks were meaningless against me because they could simply be absorbed and reflected, Echidna finally unleashed the skill that embodied the very reason she was known as the〈Mother of All Monsters〉.
A black circle appeared on the ground, and from within it, an army of monsters began crawling out one after another, each possessing exactly the same level, stats, and skill composition as Echidna herself.
“Good, good. Just like that.”
(E/N: Food's here! 😂)
After confirming that Echidna had acted exactly as I intended, I used【Dominion Magic】integrated into【Axiom】, creating an earthen wall as sheer as a cliff.
It was also wide enough that the army of monsters would never be able to reach the three of them.
However, I deliberately kept the wall relatively low.
I intended to leave the finishing blows to the 3 of them, so I needed to be able to throw the incapacitated monsters over the wall to the other side.
That meant the monsters I needed to watch out for were the flying types.
Those alone would have to be subdued as a top priority.
Alright, I activated【Mercy Strike】integrated into【Skanda】and leaped high into the air.
I closed in on a Fire Dragon that was beating its wings powerfully as it tried to clear the earthen wall, then struck its head from directly above, despite it being covered in sturdy dragon scales.
The Fire Dragon was slammed into the ground at tremendous speed, crashing into the earth with a thunderous boom.
The impact was so loud that for a moment I panicked, thinking, “Did I kill it?”.
But the Fire Dragon, driven into the bottom of the crater, was still barely breathing.
The moment I landed, I hoisted it up by the tail and hurled it over to the other side of the earthen wall.
That should take care of it.
Since the experience points from this levelling session would be divided among the 3 of them, the most important thing was to rack up as many kills as possible.
Even if the monsters were above Level 100, dividing the experience among 3 people meant the amount gained from each individual monster wasn't all that significant.
Fortunately, Echidna's【Teratogenesis】required no Magic Power to use. Given enough time, the monsters would continue spawning without limit.
“All right, from here on out, it's a hellish grinding game! Let's give it everything we've got!”
Determined to finish their leveling within a single day, I attacked the approaching army of monsters with more seriousness than I had ever shown in any dungeon run before.
—————————
—————————
—————————————
E/N:
Let's keep grinding~! Let's keep grinding~! Till Level 150~!
Stay tuned!
—————————————
————————————————————
————————————————————
Comments