Ossan Saikyō Chapter 14 — The Devil's Lair | | Part 01 (Status included)


━━━━━━━━━━

 Soushi Okuno

 B-Rank

 Adventurer Level 64


 Weapon Skills

  【Mace】Lv.50
  【Longsword】Lv.18
  【Dagger】Lv.10
  【Martial Arts】Lv.34

 Defense Skills

  【Buckler】Lv.24
  【Tower Shield】Lv.32

 Physical Skills

  【Vitality】Lv.58
  【Strength】Lv.65
  【Speed】Lv.37 (+1)
  【Surge】Lv.37
  【Reflex】Lv.34
  【Body Control】Lv.26

 Sensory Skills

  【Vision】Lv.23
  【Hearing】Lv.21
  【Scent】Lv.12
  【Touch】Lv.14
  【Dynamic Acuity】Lv.31
  【Presence Detection】Lv.17

 Mental Skills

  【Composure】Lv.20
  【Thought Acceleration】Lv.18
  【Fury】Lv.5

 Special Skills

  【Regeneration】Lv.16
  【Stability】Lv.20 MAX
  【Might】Lv.20 MAX
  【Adamant】Lv.13
  【Steel Body】Lv.20 MAX (+5)
  【Diamond Body】Lv.10
  【Nimble】Lv.3 NEW!
  【Whiplash】Lv.18
  【Heavy Burst】Lv.20 MAX
  【Grip】Lv.20 MAX
  【Shockwave】Lv.16
  【Steadfast】Lv.20 MAX (+5)
  【Steel Core】Lv.20 MAX (+5)
  【Fortress】Lv.13 (+5)
  【Provoke】Lv.3
  【Plunder】Lv.2 NEW!
  【Poison Resistance】Lv.7
  【Illusion Resistance】Lv.7
  【Paralysis Resistance】Lv.6
  【Charm Resistance】Lv.12
  【Confusion Resistance】Lv.3
  【Fire Resistance】Lv.2 (+1)
  【Water Resistance】Lv.2 NEW!
  【Wind Resistance】Lv.3
  【Earth Resistance】Lv.3
  【Cold Resistance】Lv.3
  【Item Box】Lv.20 MAX
  【Marshal's Bearing】Lv.1


 Unique Skills

  【Bad Luck】Lv.10


 Special Equipments

 《Abberant Mace》•『Unranked Weapon』

 《Indomitable Bastion》•『AAA-Rank Weapon; Effects:【Steadfast】『+5』,【Fortress】『+5』,【Steel Body】『+5』,【Steel Core】『+5』』

 《Agility Boost Ring》•『【Speed】+1』

 《Fire Insulation Ring》•『【Fire Resistance】+1』

━━━━━━━━━━



━━━━━━━━━━

 Freynil

 B-Rank

 Adventurer Level 39


 Weapon Skills

  【Staff】Lv.26
  【Spear】Lv.3
  【Martial Arts】Lv.8

 Defense Skills

  【Buckler】Lv.9

 Physical Skills

  【Vitality】Lv.23
  【Strength】Lv.13
  【Speed】Lv.21
  【Surge】Lv.14
  【Reflex】Lv.12
  【Body Control】Lv.10

 Sensory Skills

  【Vision】Lv.17
  【Hearing】Lv.13
  【Scent】Lv.9
  【Touch】Lv.11
  【Dynamic Acuity】Lv.15
  【Presence Detection】Lv.13

 Mental Skills

  【Devotion】Lv.16
  【Concentration】Lv.30 (+1)

 Special Skills

  【Holy Magic】Lv.20 MAX
  【True Holy Magic】Lv.7
  【Divine Magic】Lv.17
  【Life Magic】Lv.15
  【Barrier Magic】Lv.14
  【Dual Cast】Lv.9
  【Amplify】Lv.7
  【Might】Lv.3
  【Steel Body】Lv.6
  【Sanctity】Lv.12
  【Vital Aura】Lv.12
  【Parsimony】Lv.17
  【Crucible】Lv.17
  【Remote Cast】Lv.9
  【Wellspring】Lv.6
  【Pierce】Lv.3 NEW!
  【Poison Resistance】Lv.5
  【Illusion Resistance】Lv.3
  【Confusion Resistance】Lv.3
  【Fire Resistance】Lv.3
  【Water Resistance】Lv.2 NEW!
  【Wind Resistance】Lv.3
  【Cold Resistance】Lv.2 NEW!


 Unique Skills

  【Saint's Eye】Lv.7


 Special Equipments

 《Mourning Staff》•『C-Rank』

 《Mana Boost Ring》•『Magic Power +1』

 《Mind Circlet》•『【Concentration】+1』

━━━━━━━━━━



━━━━━━━━━━

 Rani

 B-Rank

 Adventurer Level 40


 Weapon Skills

  【Longsword】Lv.36
  【Dagger】Lv.13
  【Martial Arts】Lv.19

 Defense Skills

  【Buckler】Lv.14

 Physical Skills

  【Vitality】Lv.30
  【Strength】Lv.26 (+1)
  【Speed】Lv.40
  【Surge】Lv.37
  【Reflex】Lv.34
  【Body Control】Lv.29

 Sensory Skills

  【Vision】Lv.16
  【Hearing】Lv.24
  【Scent】Lv.28
  【Touch】Lv.12
  【Dynamic Acuity】Lv.27
  【Presence Detection】Lv.22

 Mental Skills

  【Courage】Lv.14
  【Thought Acceleration】Lv.11

 Special Skills

  【Enchantment Magic】Lv.15
  【Speed Blade】Lv.1 (Eq.)
  【Dash】Lv.17
  【Celerity】Lv.2 NEW!
  【Steel Body】Lv.13
  【Might】Lv.15
  【Critical Strike】Lv.14
  【Sever】Lv.15
  【Vault】Lv.15
  【Airstride】Lv.13
  【Nimble】Lv.15
  【Dampening】Lv.10
  【Stability】Lv.16
  【Steel Core】Lv.6
  【Fortress】Lv.3
  【Edge Lunge】Lv.7
  【Crucible】Lv.4
  【Poison Resistance】Lv.6
  【Paralysis Resistance】Lv.5
  【Illusion Resistance】Lv.3
  【Charm Resistance】Lv.2
  【Fire Resistance】Lv.3
  【Water Resistance】Lv.2 NEW!
  【Earth Resistance】Lv.3
  【Wind Resistance】Lv.2 NEW!
  【Cold Resistance】Lv.5


 Unique Skills

  【Jinx】Lv.7

 Special Equipments

 《Mithril Longsword》•『A-Rank;『Weapon Rank +2』』

 《Strength Boost Ring》•『【Strength】+1』

 《Accel-Edge Bracelet》•『【Speed Blade】+1』

━━━━━━━━━━



━━━━━━━━━━

 Sphenia

 B-Rank

 Adventurer Level 44


 Weapon Skills

  【Short-Bow】Lv.35
  【Rapier】Lv.12
  【Dagger】Lv.9
  【Martial Arts】Lv.11
  【Staff】Lv.19

 Defense Skills

  【Buckler】Lv.13

 Physical Skills

  【Vitality】Lv.22
  【Strength】Lv.21
  【Speed】Lv.22
  【Surge】Lv.21
  【Reflex】Lv.19
  【Body Control】Lv.22

 Sensory Skills

  【Vision】Lv.28
  【Hearing】Lv.17
  【Scent】Lv.10
  【Touch】Lv.11
  【Dynamic Acuity】Lv.28
  【Presence Detection】Lv.22

 Mental Skills

  【Composure】Lv.20
  【Thought Acceleration】Lv.14
  【Concentration】Lv.24 (+1)

 Special Skills

  【Fire Magic】Lv.20 MAX
  【Advanced Fire Magic】Lv.3
  【Water Magic】Lv.20 MAX
  【Wind Magic】Lv.20 MAX
  【Advanced Wind Magic】Lv.4
  【Earth Magic】Lv.20 MAX
  【Blitz】Lv.6
  【Charge】Lv.7
  【Steel Body】Lv.11
  【Might】Lv.10
  【Stability】Lv.10
  【Parsimony】Lv.17
  【Farsight】Lv.18
  【Critical Strike】Lv.19
  【Sniping】Lv.19
  【Arc Shot】Lv.6
  【Longshot】Lv.13
  【Pierce】Lv.9
  【Poison Resistance】Lv.6
  【Paralysis Resistance】Lv.7
  【Illusion Resistance】Lv.6
  【Confusion Resistance】Lv.5
  【Fire Resistance】Lv.3
  【Water Resistance】Lv.3
  【Wind Resistance】Lv.3
  【Earth Resistance】Lv.3
  【Cold Resistance】Lv.2 NEW!


 Unique Skills

    ???


 Special Equipments

 《White Heron Bow》•『D-Rank; Effect:『Immobilize (Minor)』』

 《Concentration Boost Ring》•『【Concentration】+1』

━━━━━━━━━━



━━━━━━━━━━

 Mariane

 B-Rank

 Adventurer Level 40


 Weapon Skills

  【Longsword】Lv.12
  【Dagger】Lv.30
  【Martial Arts】Lv.14
  【Throwing Blade】Lv.25

 Defense Skills

  【Buckler】Lv.11

 Physical Skills

  【Vitality】Lv.23
  【Strength】Lv.19 (+1)
  【Speed】Lv.31
  【Surge】Lv.34
  【Reflex】Lv.29
  【Body Control】Lv.26

 Sensory Skills

  【Vision】Lv.21
  【Hearing】Lv.20
  【Scent】Lv.14
  【Touch】Lv.21
  【Dynamic Acuity】Lv.27
  【Presence Detection】Lv.23

 Mental Skills

  【Composure】Lv.17
  【Thought Acceleration】Lv.16

 Special Skills

  【Affliction】Lv.8
  【Dash】Lv.17
  【Celerity】Lv.13
  【Steel Body】Lv.9
  【Might】Lv.9
  【Sever】Lv.7
  【Pierce】Lv.9
  【Critical Strike】Lv.17
  【Throwing】Lv.17
  【Sniping】Lv.10
  【Farsight】Lv.9
  【Nimble】Lv.18
  【Dampening】Lv.9
  【Stability】Lv.5
  【Stealth】Lv.16
  【Appraisal】Lv.16
  【Vault】Lv.4 NEW!
  【Poison Resistance】Lv.7
  【Charm Resistance】Lv.4
  【Paralysis Resistance】Lv.8
  【Illusion Resistance】Lv.3
  【Fire Resistance】Lv.4
  【Water Resistance】Lv.2 NEW!
  【Wind Resistance】Lv.3
  【Cold Resistance】Lv.4


 Unique Skills

   ???


 Special Equipments

 《Strength Boost Ring》•『【Strength】+1』

━━━━━━━━━━



━━━━━━━━━━

 Shizuna

 D-Rank

 Adventurer Level 24


 Weapon Skills

  【Dagger】Lv.5
  【Staff】Lv.12
  【Martial Arts】Lv.6

 Defense Skills

  【Buckler】Lv.4

 Physical Skills

  【Vitality】Lv.14
  【Strength】Lv.12
  【Speed】Lv.13
  【Surge】Lv.9
  【Reflex】Lv.8

 Sensory Skills

  【Vision】Lv.8
  【Hearing】Lv.9
  【Scent】Lv.6
  【Touch】Lv.10
  【Dynamic Acuity】Lv.8
  【Presence Detection】Lv.8

 Mental Skills

  【Courage】Lv.7
  【Thought Acceleration】Lv.5
  【Concentration】Lv.9

 Special Skills

  【Might】Lv.7
  【Steel Body】Lv.6
  【Stability】Lv.5
  【Nimble】Lv.4
  【Dampening】Lv.3
  【Life Magic】Lv.7
  【Fire Magic】Lv.7
  【Water Magic】Lv.8
  【Wind Magic】Lv.6
  【Earth Magic】Lv.6
  【Vital Aura】Lv.6 NEW!
  【Parsimony】Lv.10
  【Poison Resistance】Lv.2
  【Paralysis Resistance】Lv.2
  【Illusion Resistance】Lv.2
  【Fire Resistance】Lv.2
  【Earth Resistance】Lv.1 NEW!
  【Cold Resistance】Lv.2
  【Heat Resistance】Lv.1 NEW!


 Unique Skills

  【Elemental Call】Lv.8


 Special Equipments

 《Mighty Staff》•『【Might】+2』

 《Strong Arm Bracelet》•『【Strength】+1』

━━━━━━━━━━

* Skills are estimates.

** Skills with ( ) or (Eq.) reflect only if the respective equipment/accessory is equipped.

◇◆◇

The『Gate to Another World』from which the Devils were thought to have emerged.

The first thing I saw after being sucked inside was a desolate, boundless wasteland.

Before me stretched a flat expanse of nothing but dirt, sand, and small stones, with not a blade of grass growing anywhere.

Here and there stood things resembling twisted trees, but with almost no leaves on them, I couldn't even tell whether they were living trees.

The sky was faintly bright, but it was tinged entirely purple, making everything on the ground look sickly purple.

Far in the distance, I could see what appeared to be a series of gray rocks. They might have been mountains, but from what I could see, they all looked as though they had been cut into sheer vertical cliffs.


“For now, it seems I can breathe normally. I don't sense anything within range.”


As I spoke, I looked behind me.

There was no sign of the hole I had been sucked through. As I expected, it seemed to have closed shortly after I arrived here.

Scattered around me were dirt, trees, and other debris that had been sucked in along with me. I stepped over them and set foot on the otherworldly ground ahead.


“Well then, what should I do first...?”


Needless to say, what I needed to do now was find a way back to the original world.

If the Devils had emerged from that『Gate to Another World』, then all I had to do was find another similar Gate and pass through it.

I had heard that Devils had appeared in various places, so the『Gates to Another World』themselves should be opening with some degree of frequency.

The problem was whether I could discover one by chance in this land, whose size I had no idea about.

If I simply wandered around and left it to luck, the chances of finding one would probably be about as low as winning the lottery.

And, of course, there must have been numerous Devils inhabiting this otherworld. If I encountered them, we would naturally end up fighting. 2-3 wouldn't be a problem, but there could also be higher-ranking Devils.

There was no way I could afford to be optimistic.


“For now, I'll walk toward those mountains.”


There was no point in just standing around here. Even so, I needed some kind of destination if I was going to walk. The only thing that caught my eye was the rocky mountain rising in the distance, so naturally, I began heading in that direction.

◇◆◇

About an hour later, there was still no change whatsoever in the surrounding scenery.

The distant rocky mountain didn't seem to have gotten much closer, either.


“...Hm? What's that...?”


At that moment, I thought I saw something moving in the distance. It was outside the range of【Presence Detection】. I narrowed my eyes and looked carefully, and saw something approaching from afar.


“As expected, it's a ‘Devil’.”


It was only natural, but there was no mistaking that strange pink monster for anything other than a Devil.

Six legs grew from either side of its human-like torso, and it crawled toward me with an insect-like movement. It had only one head, but it was disproportionately large compared to its body.

And, of course, its eerily expressionless face was just like the other Devils I had seen.

It had been walking around while looking this way and that, but when it spotted me, it charged straight toward me, kicking up clouds of dust.

I took my mace and shield out of【Item Box】and readied myself. The Devil was quite large when seen up close. Just its head and main body were about five meters long.


Guh-GAH!


The strange insect-like demon came to an abrupt stop about 10 meters away. With a cry like metal scraping against metal, it opened its mouth and fired a spear of ice at me.

It was a fairly powerful spell, but it couldn't even leave a scratch on《Indomitable Bastion》. I steadily approached it and brought my mace down on its head.

Its head exploded without a trace, and its torso(?) plopped to the ground with a wet splat before quickly transforming into black particles. At this level, it was C-Rank at best. A lower-ranking Devil, I suppose.

I picked up the mana stone and tossed it into【Item Box】. Then, something else moving appeared at the edge of my vision.

Looking over, I saw two of the same insect-like Devils coming toward me. They were coming from the same direction as the previous one, from the distant rocky mountain. There might indeed be something over there.

I raised my shield and approached my new prey.

◇◆◇

I continued walking toward the rocky mountain for about 3 hours.

I was attacked by the insect-like Devils 8 times. I had blown apart 30 of them. The number appearing at once seemed to increase as I drew closer to the rocky mountain.

Four had come at me simultaneously just before, but I simply used【Provoke】and crushed them one at a time, so it wasn't even remotely challenging.

My target rocky mountain was now quite close. Perhaps 3 kilometers remained. It was a mountain of considerable height, and its surface looked like a solid wall of gray rock.

However, there seemed to be numerous cracks in the rock, some of which looked like cave entrances. What's more, I had just seen an insect-like Devil crawl out from one of those cracks.

Perhaps that mountain is a Devil's nest.

I continued forward, kicking aside more insect-like Devils, and after a little less than another hour, I finally reached the foot of the rocky mountain.

A nearly vertical wall of rock stood before me. Looking up, I could see a gigantic opening about a 100 meters above, like a gaping mouth. I had seen a Devil crawling out of it earlier as well.


“I guess I'll have to climb.”


I put away my shield and mace, placed my foot on a protrusion in the rock, and ran my fingers along the few handholds available.

I realized only now that【Grip】apparently activates even in situations like this. In other words, as long as there was even the slightest protrusion, I could climb anywhere.

It reminded me of the Spi*er-M*n from the media of my previous life, and I couldn't help but chuckle.

After confirming with【Presence Detection】that there were no Devils nearby, I began rock climbing.

At first, I was a little nervous, but I quickly got used to it and began climbing smoothly. After all, as long as even one finger could catch on something,【Grip】meant I wouldn't let go. Honestly, I could practically climb using just my arms.

I climbed the 100 meters in just a few minutes. But when I thought about it, Rani could probably make it up with just a few jumps as long as there were footholds. It probably wasn't anything particularly remarkable for an adventurer.

The opening was at least 30 meters high. It was nearly 10 meters wide as well. Once I entered, I realized that rather than a crack, it was more like a gigantic passage.

I took out my mace and shield and proceeded deeper inside.


—————————————
E/N:

"Nothing impressive" is hell of an understatement!

I recently finished watching Reacher from Amazon Prime and his feats reminded me so hard of Ossan, iykyk!

Stay tuned!

—————————————

————————————————————
————————————————————


Previous        Table of Contents        Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Seems the Convenience Store Clerk Ossan That Got Dragged Into the Teleportation of an Entire Class Will Make Use of the Leftover Skills the Heroes Didn’t Want and Become the Strongest

Soul Devourer of Infinite Growth ~ Stealing Physical Stats and Skills from Monsters and Hunters to Ultimately Slay a God Through Infinite Growth ~

Konbini Ossan Volume 1 Chapter 25 – Herb Gathering and Skill Imbuing