Ossan Saikyō Chapter 13 — Towards Orz | | Part 01


━━━━━━━━━━

 Soushi Okuno

 B-Rank

 Adventurer Level 54


 Weapon Skills

  【Mace】Lv.45
  【Longsword】Lv.15
  【Dagger】Lv.9
  【Martial Arts】Lv.30

 Defense Skills

  【Buckler】Lv.22
  【Tower Shield】Lv.25

 Physical Skills

  【Vitality】Lv.50
  【Strength】Lv.58
  【Speed】Lv.33 (+1)
  【Surge】Lv.32
  【Reflex】Lv.31
  【Body Control】Lv.22

 Sensory Skills

  【Vision】Lv.22
  【Hearing】Lv.19
  【Scent】Lv.11
  【Touch】Lv.13
  【Dynamic Acuity】Lv.30
  【Presence Detection】Lv.17

 Mental Skills

  【Composure】Lv.18
  【Thought Acceleration】Lv.16
  【Fury】Lv.5

 Special Skills

  【Regeneration】Lv.14
  【Stability】Lv.20 MAX
  【Might】Lv.20 MAX
  【Adamant】Lv.11
  【Steel Body】Lv.20 MAX (+5)
  【Diamond Body】Lv.8
  【Whiplash】Lv.16
  【Heavy Burst】Lv.20 MAX
  【Grip】Lv.18
  【Shockwave】Lv.14
  【Steadfast】Lv.16 (+5)
  【Steel Core】Lv.16 (+5)
  【Fortress】Lv.9 (+5)
  【Provoke】Lv.1
  【Poison Resistance】Lv.6
  【Illusion Resistance】Lv.6
  【Paralysis Resistance】Lv.4
  【Charm Resistance】Lv.10
  【Confusion Resistance】Lv.2 NEW!
  【Fire Resistance】Lv.1 (Eq.)
  【Wind Resistance】Lv.2 NEW!
  【Earth Resistance】Lv.2 NEW!
  【Cold Resistance】Lv.2 NEW!
  【Item Box】Lv.19
  【Marshal's Bearing】Lv.1


 Unique Skills

  【Bad Luck】Lv.10


 Special Equipments

 《Abberant Mace》•『Unranked Weapon』

 《Indomitable Bastion》•『AAA-Rank Weapon; Effects:【Steadfast】『+5』,【Fortress】『+5』,【Steel Body】『+5』,【Steel Core】『+5』』

 《Agility Boost Ring》•『【Speed】『+1』』

 《Fire Insulation Ring》•『【Fire Resistance】『+1』』

━━━━━━━━━━



━━━━━━━━━━

 Freynil

 C-Rank

 Adventurer Level 36


 Weapon Skills

  【Staff】Lv.23
  【Spear】Lv.3
  【Martial Arts】Lv.7

 Defense Skills

  【Buckler】Lv.8

 Physical Skills

  【Vitality】Lv.21
  【Strength】Lv.12
  【Speed】Lv.20
  【Surge】Lv.12
  【Reflex】Lv.11
  【Body Control】Lv.9

 Sensory Skills

  【Vision】Lv.16
  【Hearing】Lv.12
  【Scent】Lv.8
  【Touch】Lv.10
  【Dynamic Acuity】Lv.13
  【Presence Detection】Lv.12

 Mental Skills

  【Devotion】Lv.13
  【Concentration】Lv.25 (+1)

 Special Skills

  【Holy Magic】Lv.20 MAX
  【True Holy Magic】Lv.6
  【Divine Magic】Lv.15
  【Life Magic】Lv.12
  【Barrier Magic】Lv.11
  【Dual Cast】Lv.7
  【Amplify】Lv.5
  【Might】Lv.2
  【Steel Body】Lv.5
  【Sanctity】Lv.10
  【Vital Aura】Lv.9
  【Parsimony】Lv.15
  【Crucible】Lv.11
  【Remote Cast】Lv.7
  【Wellspring】Lv.4
  【Poison Resistance】Lv.4
  【Illusion Resistance】Lv.2 NEW!
  【Confusion Resistance】Lv.2 NEW!
  【Fire Resistance】Lv.2 NEW!
  【Wind Resistance】Lv.2 NEW!


 Unique Skills

  【Saint's Eye】Lv.5


 Special Equipments

 《Mourning Staff》『C-Rank』

 《Mana Boost Ring》『Magic Power『+1』』

 《Mind Circlet》『【Concentration】『+1』』

━━━━━━━━━━



━━━━━━━━━━

 Rani

 C-Rank

 Adventurer Level 37


 Weapon Skills

  【Longsword】Lv.33
  【Dagger】Lv.11
  【Martial Arts】Lv.16

 Defense Skills

  【Buckler】Lv.12

 Physical Skills

  【Vitality】Lv.27
  【Strength】Lv.24 (+1)
  【Speed】Lv.36
  【Surge】Lv.33
  【Reflex】Lv.31
  【Body Control】Lv.25

 Sensory Skills

  【Vision】Lv.15
  【Hearing】Lv.23
  【Scent】Lv.26
  【Touch】Lv.12
  【Dynamic Acuity】Lv.24
  【Presence Detection】Lv.21

 Mental Skills

  【Courage】Lv.12
  【Thought Acceleration】Lv.9

 Special Skills

  【Enchantment Magic】Lv.13
  【Speed Blade】Lv.1 (Eq.)
  【Dash】Lv.15
  【Steel Body】Lv.12
  【Might】Lv.13
  【Critical Strike】Lv.13
  【Sever】Lv.13
  【Vault】Lv.14
  【Airstride】Lv.12
  【Nimble】Lv.12
  【Dampening】Lv.8
  【Stability】Lv.5
  【Steel Core】Lv.4
  【Fortress】Lv.2
  【Edge Lunge】Lv.4
  【Crucible】Lv.3
  【Poison Resistance】Lv.5
  【Paralysis Resistance】Lv.4
  【Illusion Resistance】Lv.2 NEW!
  【Charm Resistance】Lv.1 NEW!
  【Fire Resistance】Lv.2 NEW!
  【Cold Resistance】Lv.4
  【Earth Resistance】Lv.2 NEW!


 Unique Skills

  【Jinx】Lv.5

 Special Equipments

 《Mithril Longsword》•『A-Rank;『Weapon Rank『+2』』』

 《Strength Boost Ring》•『【Strength】『+1』』

 《Accel-Edge Bracelet》•『【Speed Blade】『+1』』

━━━━━━━━━━



━━━━━━━━━━

 Sphenia

 C-Rank

 Adventurer Level 42


 Weapon Skills

  【Short-Bow】Lv.32
  【Rapier】Lv.11
  【Dagger】Lv.8
  【Martial Arts】Lv.10

 Defense Skills

  【Buckler】Lv.12

 Physical Skills

  【Vitality】Lv.21
  【Strength】Lv.19
  【Speed】Lv.21
  【Surge】Lv.20
  【Reflex】Lv.18
  【Body Control】Lv.21

 Sensory Skills

  【Vision】Lv.26
  【Hearing】Lv.16
  【Scent】Lv.9
  【Touch】Lv.10
  【Dynamic Acuity】Lv.26
  【Presence Detection】Lv.22

 Mental Skills

  【Composure】Lv.19
  【Thought Acceleration】Lv.13
  【Concentration】Lv.22 (+1)

 Special Skills

  【Fire Magic】Lv.20 MAX
  【Advanced Fire Magic】Lv.2
  【Water Magic】Lv.18
  【Wind Magic】Lv.20 MAX
  【Advanced Wind Magic】Lv.3
  【Earth Magic】Lv.17
  【Blitz】Lv.4
  【Steel Body】Lv.10
  【Might】Lv.9
  【Stability】Lv.9
  【Parsimony】Lv.16
  【Farsight】Lv.17
  【Critical Strike】Lv.18
  【Sniping】Lv.18
  【Arc Shot】Lv.4
  【Longshot】Lv.12
  【Pierce】Lv.7
  【Poison Resistance】Lv.5
  【Paralysis Resistance】Lv.6
  【Illusion Resistance】Lv.5
  【Confusion Resistance】Lv.4
  【Fire Resistance】Lv.2 NEW!
  【Water Resistance】Lv.2 NEW!
  【Wind Resistance】Lv.2 NEW!
  【Earth Resistance】Lv.2 NEW!


 Unique Skills

    ???


 Special Equipments

 《White Heron Bow》•『D-Rank; Effect:『Immobilize (Minor)』』

 《Concentration Boost Ring》•『【Concentration】『+1』』

━━━━━━━━━━



━━━━━━━━━━

 Mariane

 Former C-Rank

 Adventurer Level 38


 Weapon Skills

  【Longsword】Lv.12
  【Dagger】Lv.29
  【Martial Arts】Lv.13
  【Throwing Blade】Lv.23

 Defense Skills

  【Buckler】Lv.10

 Physical Skills

  【Vitality】Lv.21
  【Strength】Lv.18 (+1)
  【Speed】Lv.29
  【Surge】Lv.32
  【Reflex】Lv.26
  【Body Control】Lv.23

 Sensory Skills

  【Vision】Lv.20
  【Hearing】Lv.19
  【Scent】Lv.13
  【Touch】Lv.20
  【Dynamic Acuity】Lv.24
  【Presence Detection】Lv.22

 Mental Skills

  【Composure】Lv.15
  【Thought Acceleration】Lv.14

 Special Skills

  【Affliction】Lv.6
  【Dash】Lv.15
  【Celerity】Lv.12
  【Steel Body】Lv.8
  【Might】Lv.7
  【Sever】Lv.5
  【Pierce】Lv.2
  【Critical Strike】Lv.15
  【Throwing】Lv.15
  【Sniping】Lv.8
  【Farsight】Lv.8
  【Nimble】Lv.16
  【Dampening】Lv.8
  【Stability】Lv.4
  【Stealth】Lv.15
  【Appraisal】Lv.15
  【Poison Resistance】Lv.6
  【Charm Resistance】Lv.3
  【Paralysis Resistance】Lv.7
  【Illusion Resistance】Lv.2
  【Fire Resistance】Lv.3
  【Cold Resistance】Lv.3 NEW!
  【Wind Resistance】Lv.2 NEW!


 Unique Skills

   ???


 Special Equipments

 《Strength Ring》•『【Strength】『+1』』

━━━━━━━━━━



━━━━━━━━━━

 Shizuna

 E-Rank

 Adventurer Level 11


 Weapon Skills

  【Dagger】Lv.3
  【Staff】Lv.7
  【Martial Arts】Lv.3

 Defense Skills

  【Buckler】Lv.1

 Physical Skills

  【Vitality】Lv.6
  【Strength】Lv.5
  【Speed】Lv.4
  【Surge】Lv.3
  【Reflex】Lv.2

 Sensory Skills

  【Vision】Lv.3
  【Hearing】Lv.4
  【Scent】Lv.3
  【Touch】Lv.5
  【Dynamic Acuity】Lv.3
  【Presence Detection】Lv.4

 Mental Skills

  【Courage】Lv.3
  【Concentration】Lv.4

 Special Skills

  【Life Magic】Lv.3
  【Fire Magic】Lv.3
  【Water Magic】Lv.3
  【Parsimony】Lv.5
  【Poison Resistance】Lv.1


 Unique Skills

   【Elemental Call】Lv.3

━━━━━━━━━━

* Skills are estimates.
** Values in ( ) or (Eq.) reflect only if the respective equipment/accessory is equipped.

◇◆◇


“A journey is best enjoyed when you walk on your own two feet, indeed~. Carriages are comfortable and all, but they make your body grow sluggish, and they’re terribly boring.”


Ever since leaving the Royal Capital, Shizuna seemed to be in high spirits. As we walked along the highway, she cheerfully looked around at the unchanging rural scenery and chatted constantly with the girls in our party.

We were now making our way steadily toward the Kingdom of Orz. I had heard that the border with Orz lay south of Viscount Varius’s territory, so we would simply have to head south from the Royal Capital.

In other words, we would first travel from the Royal Capital to Barbadoza, the capital of Count Lautrec’s territory, then continue south through Bartlan, then Euron, the capital of Viscount Varius’s territory, and finally Tolson.

In a sense, I was retracing the route I had traveled after coming to this world, only in reverse.

It would take 7 days to reach Barbadoza, but as of today, the 6 day, everything had gone smoothly. Camping out was extremely comfortable thanks to my【Item Box】, Freynil’s【Barrier Magic】, and the earthen dolls summoned by Shizuna’s【Elemental Call】to stand guard.

With our numbers increased to 6, the tent was somewhat cramped, but that was unavoidable.

A small problem arose on the evening of the sixth day, while we were all having dinner in front of the tent.

Shizuna, who was usually never short of something to talk about, looked at me and brought up the matter.


“Say, Soushi-dono, there are several dungeons around Barbadoza, where we’ll arrive tomorrow, aren’t there? I’d like to enter a few of them. Would you be willing to take me?”


“That’s... The request we accepted is to safely escort you to the Kingdom of Orz, so I really can’t take you somewhere dangerous like a dungeon.”


“Can’t you make an exception? I’m an adventurer myself, after all. While I’m still in this country, I’d like to visit as many dungeons as possible.”


“I understand how you feel, but...”


“My skill levels have gone up thanks to you, Soushi, and I would like to see how much stronger I’ve become. I really would like to ask this of you.”


For these six days since leaving the Royal Capital, we had trained at the end of every day. Shizuna had wanted to train as well, so she had joined us. As a result, her skill levels had visibly increased, so I could understand why she wanted to test herself.

However, considering that Shizuna was still officially a guest of the Royal Family, entering a dungeon was hardly something we could reasonably allow.

As I furrowed my brow, Shizuna leaned her face closer and closer to mine. Her pretty Japanese-style face suddenly appeared right in front of me, making me instinctively lean backward.


“Actually, when I left home, I boasted that I would return as a fine adventurer. Honestly, it would be difficult for me to go home while still being E Rank.”


“Uh-huh.”


“And if I went home in my current state, Mother would probably turn me away at the gate and send me packing. I’d be the foolish daughter who made grand boasts and then caused trouble for a neighboring country.”


“Is that so?”


“Yes. In that case, I’d become a homeless, lone adventurer. A young E-Rank girl traveling alone... How harsh. How sad. How lonely.”


“Er...”


Shizuna struck an obviously fake-crying pose and kept glancing at me. This was completely unexpected... Come to think of it, Zeal from the〈Fortuner〉had said that Shizuna was quite a tomboy. I hadn't imagined he meant this.

When I looked toward the others for help, I noticed Freynil, Rani, and Sphenia all staring intently at me. Mariane was the only one looking down, perhaps because she couldn't interfere in something like this from the Guild's standpoint.


“Soushi-sama, couldn't you grant Shizuna-san's request?”


“Up to C-Rank, dungeons are practically safer for us than ordinary highways. Besides, if we don't fight once in a while, we'll get rusty too.”


“As someone who shares her goal, I believe we should respect Shizuna-san's desire to become stronger.”


“Huh?”


Faced with the unexpected betrayal(?) of the three people who should have been helping me, I was momentarily speechless.

No, that's not it. Shizuna must have been winning the three of them over for the past 6 days specifically for this moment. I never expected to experience firsthand the strength of someone with exceptional communication skills.

As I stood there dumbfounded, Mariane quietly spoke up.


“Soushi-san, this might be an opportunity to test the effects of that skill we discussed.”


“Eh... Oh, that one...”


“That skill” was presumably the【Marshal's Bearing】skill. It was believed to be a skill that could increase the number of people allowed into a Boss room, and now that Shizuna was with us, this really was an opportunity to test it.


“I don't know what you're talking about, but I swear by the spirits that I will keep it a secret. You may use me for this test if you wish. Come now, Soushi-dono, please!”


Shizuna pressed her palms together and bowed her head. That pose somehow felt very Japanese, and as a former Japanese person myself, it was strangely difficult to refuse. The other three were also staring at me intently, so it seemed Shizuna had won this battle.


“...All right. However, you must agree to follow my instructions without question.”


“Of course. I shall obey the orders of our leader, Soushi-dono, so I ask that you take good care of me.”


When I saw Shizuna begin high-fiving Freynil and the others with both hands, I was reminded of the woes of being a party leader for the first time in a while.

◇◆◇

After arriving in Barbadoza, we first went to visit Count Lautrec. Naturally, this was because His Majesty the King had instructed us to do so.

The purpose was simply to confirm our safe arrival. By doing so, the Count could then send word to His Majesty that we had arrived safely.

Our meeting with the Count therefore ended quickly, and that day we stayed at an inn he had recommended to us.

Considering Shizuna's "fatigue", we had told the Count that we would remain in Barbadoza for about three days. Of course, we kept the real reason, clearing the dungeons, a secret.

Incidentally, Mariane did not accompany us to the Count's residence. She went to the Adventurer's Guild to gather information. This was one of the benefits of having a dedicated guild employee, allowing us to handle these things simultaneously.


“It seems that the Devil we heard about appeared between Barbadoza and Bartlan. Apparently, a subjugation force led mainly by the〈Thunder of Dawn〉defeated it.”


When Mariane gave us this report over dinner, Shizuna looked puzzled.


“What is this Devil? Is it different from an ordinary monster?”


“Yes. We fought one before, too. It’s an eerie monster that looks as though human bodies have been pieced together at random. Since it apparently resembles the ‘Devils’ described by the Aashram Church, we’ve been calling it the same for convenience.”


When I answered, Shizuna's eyes widened slightly.


“I've never seen such a monster. It is different from the giant monster we encountered on our way here from the elven village, is it not?”


“That one was a golem, but the Devil looks quite different. Unlike ordinary monsters, it doesn't have an appearance resembling an animal.”


“Hmm... I wouldn't mind seeing one, but if they had to organize a subjugation force, that means it is quite strong, does it not?”


“The one we fought was roughly B-Rank.”


“Good heavens!”


As Shizuna expressed her admiration, Rani joined the conversation.


“Hey, Soushi, didn't anything like that come up when you spoke with the King?”


“Not at all. There was nothing about the Wandering Labyrinth or the Divine Beast either.”


“The King has received the information, right? Does that mean they aren't going to do anything about it?”


“No, they're probably still at the stage of examining the information. A huge amount of information reaches the central authorities. They probably won't take action unless the same information comes from multiple sources or they can verify it.”


“Hm, I guess being a King is hard too. Come to think of it, the beastman chieftain might have said something similar.”


I didn't comment on the fact that Rani was the chieftain's daughter, since she hadn't told us that herself yet.


“Soushi-sama, how are we going to go through the dungeons tomorrow?”


“We'll do the F and E-Rank ones. We've already cleared them once, after all.”


“That sounds good. The D-Class one has ten floors, right? We haven't cleared that one yet either, so I'm looking forward to it.”


“And there are treasure chests, too. If possible, I'd like to reach them all in one day. Shizuna-san, it'll be a little rushed, so please be prepared for that.”


As I answered Freynil and confirmed with Shizuna, she looked somewhat surprised.


“We're going to visit two in one day? And clear 10 floors in a single day...? That sounds rather grueling.”


“Yes. We'll also train in the morning and evening.”


“Good heavens, so this is the secret behind the strength of〈Saul's Guidance〉. Very well. I was the one who said I would obey the leader, after all, so I shall follow your instructions.”


Shizuna really did seem motivated. Well, considering that she was the one who wanted to enter a dungeon in the first place, it would be a problem if she backed down over something like this...

Though perhaps thinking that way was rather too much like a harsh employer.


—————————————
E/N:

A trip to another country, huh… It's a new adventure!

Mariane's:

【Quick Step】→【Celerity】

Stay tuned!

—————————————

————————————————————
————————————————————


Previous       Table of Contents       Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Seems the Convenience Store Clerk Ossan That Got Dragged Into the Teleportation of an Entire Class Will Make Use of the Leftover Skills the Heroes Didn’t Want and Become the Strongest

Soul Devourer of Infinite Growth ~ Stealing Physical Stats and Skills from Monsters and Hunters to Ultimately Slay a God Through Infinite Growth ~

Konbini Ossan Volume 1 Chapter 25 – Herb Gathering and Skill Imbuing