Ossan Saikyō Chapter 13 Part 16

The path left behind by the rampaging giant Devil had been reduced to a mountain of rubble.

Most people should have evacuated, but it seemed that there were still quite a few casualties and injured.

Soldiers soon rushed to the scene and began rescue operations. Since〈Saul's Guidance〉was also the party accompanying Shizuna, a shrine maiden of this country, we decided to help as well.

I focused on clearing the rubble, and my great physical strength and【Item Box】, which could hold practically anything, proved extremely useful.

Rani used her nose and Sphenia her eyes to locate victims, while I put every piece of rubble I could see into my【Item Box】.

Whenever an injured person was found, Freynil and Shizuna immediately treated them with magic, allowing the rescue operation to proceed at a remarkably fast pace.

In particular, Freynil’s healing magic combined with【Amplify】was extremely effective. Thanks to the wide-area healing magic she cast indiscriminately from atop the rubble, quite a few people must have been saved.

You could say she had performed like a “Saint”.

Karma and the members of〈Drunken Tiger〉helped as well, though Karma told me:


“Soushi, you really are a softhearted guy. But if you’re strong enough to stick to that softheartedness, then you’re quite something. I don’t hate that sort of thing.”


She added that with a laugh, so apparently it wasn’t meant as sarcasm.

I also had Mariane go check on the situation at the front, but apparently that battle had already ended as well. In the end, only 3 spider-type Devils had appeared, but the rampaging giant Devil had caused some damage.

As more soldiers arrived to help with the rescue, the work sped up considerably thanks in part to the stone figures controlled by the Spirits.

Come to think of it, the Spirits were autonomous, tireless humanoid general-purpose heavy machinery. Their usefulness went without saying.

After a while, Great Shrine Head Maiden, Lady Miona also arrived at the scene.

She looked over the site, gave instructions to the priests accompanying her, then came over to me and bowed lightly.


“I have heard of your accomplishments, Soushi-dono. Leave this place to us and take some rest.”


“If I’m in the way, I’ll step aside, but if not, please let me continue. They say that 72 hours... no, 36 hours is considered the critical limit for rescuing survivors. We have to save as many people as possible before then.”


“Hmm, is that so? Looking at the work you and your companions have done, it is certainly better to have you continue... Very well. Please save as many of our people as you can.”


“Understood.”


I bowed and returned to the task of throwing the rubble in front of me into my【Item Box】. Freynil and the others continued their rescue work as well, but for now they seemed to be holding up fine.

I felt a little bad for my companions, but I hoped they would forgive this as their leader’s selfishness. If there were victims right in front of me and I had the power to save them, I simply couldn’t stand by and do nothing.

We continued working without a break after that, but by the time dawn approached, the rescue operation was more or less complete. Not a single member of the party complained, and they continued working alongside me.

At daybreak, we were finally relieved of our duties. As we left the site, the exhausted soldiers and the residents who had recovered from their injuries all bowed their heads and saw us off.

We were being transported in a carriage prepared by Lady Miona, and Freynil and Rani soon fell asleep. Sphenia and Shizuna also looked half-asleep already. The only one who still appeared as composed as usual, Mariane, moved over to sit beside me.


“I think your performance this time was remarkable. The Guild will surely hold the contributions of both〈Saul's Guidance〉and〈Drunken Tiger〉in high regard.”


“I’m glad to hear that. But everyone really did a great job. They put up with their leader’s selfishness.”


“Selfishness...? I’m sure everyone thought it was something that needed to be done. I certainly did.”


“I see... Yes, I suppose so. I really am blessed with good companions.”


“We also believe we were blessed with a good leader. Have some confidence in yourself.”


“Thank you. Let’s take it easy at the inn today and tomorrow.”


“I think that would be best.”


After saying that, Mariane rested her head on my shoulder and fell asleep.

Normally, that should have made my heart skip a beat, but fortunately, I no longer had the energy for such things.

If possible, I would have liked to get some sleep myself, but... as the leader responsible for several beautiful young women, I suppose this was a time when I had to somehow endure it.


—————————————
E/N:

Stop enduring! Turn on beast mode! 🤣

Wow, Mariane, so forward! You go girl! Jump his bones!!

Stay tuned!

—————————————

————————————————————
————————————————————


Previous       Table of Contents       Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Seems the Convenience Store Clerk Ossan That Got Dragged Into the Teleportation of an Entire Class Will Make Use of the Leftover Skills the Heroes Didn’t Want and Become the Strongest

Soul Devourer of Infinite Growth ~ Stealing Physical Stats and Skills from Monsters and Hunters to Ultimately Slay a God Through Infinite Growth ~

Konbini Ossan Volume 1 Chapter 25 – Herb Gathering and Skill Imbuing