Ossan Saikyō Chapter 13 Part 12

By the time we finished collecting the mana stones and disposing of the flesh golems’ remains, it had grown completely dark. We obviously couldn’t simply speed back in the carriages, so we decided to stay the night in a nearby farming village.

My concern about whether they would be all right with our sudden visit turned out to be unfounded, thanks to Shizuna. Rather, they welcomed us so enthusiastically, delighted that a shrine maiden had come to their village, that we were the ones left bewildered.

Since there were so many of us, we split up between several houses for the night. I was sleeping in the same place as the male members of〈Drunken Tiger〉, but in the middle of the night, I suddenly sensed someone nearby and woke up.

Someone seemed to be outside. It didn’t feel threatening, so it was probably someone from〈Saul's Guidance〉. I quietly slipped out of the house.

Illuminated by the moonlight were about 10 wooden houses, a wooden fence surrounding them, and several fruit trees.

In the distance, I could see wooded hills and forests, while about 100 meters away, the road leading to the Capital was faintly visible.

Standing alone in the tranquil scenery was Freynil.


“Fray… couldn't sleep?”


“Ah, I apologize, Soushi-sama. I woke up because I sensed something strange.”


“Something strange? An undead?”


“Yes, it seems so. It feels as though it’s approaching from far away... from that direction.”


Freynil pointed toward the road leading to the capital.

When I strained my ears, I thought I could indeed hear a faint sound. It sounded like hooves and wheels. Could it really be undead coming this way in a carriage?


“Fray, just in case, wake the others. I’ll go ahead toward the road and see what’s going on.”


“Understood. Please be careful, Soushi-sama.”


I parted ways with Freynil and walked toward the road. Squinting into the distance, I could see something like a carriage coming toward us. It was a four-wheeled freight wagon without a canopy, and there appeared to be several people riding in the back.

The problem was the horses pulling it.


“Are those horse skeletons...?”


Two horses made entirely of bones were running in front of the carriage. So that must have been what Freynil’s skill had detected.

A carriage pulled by skeletal horses was traveling from the Capital toward the border in the middle of the night. No matter how you looked at it, this wasn’t a normal situation. Naturally, there was no reason to expect the people aboard to be normal either.

I took a mana torch from my【Item Box】. It was something I never had any use for in dungeons, but it was a useful item when camping.

I stood in the middle of the road and waved the lit torch broadly, signaling for them to stop. I wondered if they might simply charge straight at me, but the carriage slowly began to decelerate.

There appeared to be one driver and three other people aboard. As soon as the carriage stopped, two people got down from either side of the wagon. Both were wearing hooded robes, but judging by their builds, they were probably men.

Without saying a word, they approached me, closing in from both sides.


“Sorry, but there’s a big monster up ahead, so the road is currently closed.”


Even as I thought that was an absurdly casual thing to say while standing in front of skeletal horses, the man on the right muttered,


“Yeah, I know. It’s the monsters our friend summoned.”


The moment he said that, a flash of silver gleamed beneath the moon. The man swung his sword while using【Dash】.

However, the blade was deflected by my arm and sliced through empty air. With【Diamond Body】and【Fortress】, my body already had a level of defense comparable to mithril.


“GAH...!”


In return, I drove my fist into the man’s solar plexus. He seemed to possess a high-level【Steel Body】, but against my striking power, his clothes might as well have been paper.


“What!?”


Despite his cry of astonishment, the other man thrust his sword at me. I deflected the tip in the same manner and slammed a hook into his temple. I held back, but there was a sickening crack...

Damn, I really didn’t like that feeling.

Perhaps after seeing the two of them taken down instantly, the driver whipped the skeletal horses. I pulled my mace from my【Item Box】and smashed both horses to pieces, then grabbed the driver and slammed him into the ground.


“GGH!”


The driver rolled his eyes and passed out. Looking over, I saw that the last remaining man had already left the carriage and was running back the way they had come.

When I tried to pursue him, he suddenly stopped and began making strange movements.

He placed some kind of item on the ground, then put both hands against it and began muttering something that sounded like an incantation.


“…■■■… «Summon Golem»”


When the man spoke those words, the ground bulged upward, and a gigantic doll-like figure appeared, at least 5 meters tall, a humanoid Flesh Golem.

I see. So this guy is Mazero, the Corpse Weaver.

The humanoid golem came toward me, moving its thick legs back and forth. However, it didn’t have the same intimidating presence as when I fought one before. I suppose that was because I had become much stronger.

I blew apart its descending arm with my counter-mace, then slammed a full-power【Shockwave】into its body. With a resounding boom, the giant golem was blown apart into 5 pieces, scattering in every direction.


“What!? In a single blow!?”


Mazero shouted as he turned on his heel and tried to flee.


“Gah!?”


An arrow pierced his thigh. The reason his movement stopped for an instant was the effect of『Immobilize』.

I took advantage of the opening to pounce on Mazero and pin down his wiry body.


“Thanks, Sphenia.”


“You’re welcome.”


When I looked back, Sphenia was approaching with her bow in hand, leading the rest of our party, still dressed in their nightclothes, along with the four members of〈Drunken Tiger〉.


—————————————
E/N:

Well… that was anticlimactic… 🤣🤣! Damn, though, how strong is Ossan!? I want to become that strong!

Stay tuned!

—————————————

————————————————————
————————————————————


Previous       Table of Contents       Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Seems the Convenience Store Clerk Ossan That Got Dragged Into the Teleportation of an Entire Class Will Make Use of the Leftover Skills the Heroes Didn’t Want and Become the Strongest

Soul Devourer of Infinite Growth ~ Stealing Physical Stats and Skills from Monsters and Hunters to Ultimately Slay a God Through Infinite Growth ~

Konbini Ossan Volume 1 Chapter 25 – Herb Gathering and Skill Imbuing