Ossan Saikyō Chapter 9 — Reunion and the Footsteps of a Demon | | Part 01


━━━━━━━━━━

 Soushi Okuno

 D-Rank

 Adventurer Level 23


 Weapon Skills

  【Mace】Lv.28
  【Longsword】Lv.9
  【Dagger】Lv.5
  【Martial Arts】Lv.15

 Defense Skills

  【Buckler】Lv.16
  【Tower Shield】Lv.13

 Physical Skills

  【Vitality】Lv.30
  【Strength】Lv.35
  【Speed】Lv.20
  【Surge】Lv.21
  【Reflex】Lv.18
  【Body Control】Lv.10

 Sensory Skills

  【Vision】Lv.15
  【Hearing】Lv.13
  【Scent】Lv.8
  【Touch】Lv.8
  【Dynamic Acuity】Lv.19
  【Presence Detection】Lv.14

 Mental Skills

  【Composure】Lv.13
  【Thought Acceleration】Lv.9
  【Fury】Lv.3

 Special Skills

  【Regeneration】Lv.7
  【Stability】Lv.15
  【Steel Body】Lv.13
  【Whiplash】Lv.9
  【Poison Resistance】Lv.3
  【Might】Lv.19
  【Illusion Resistance】Lv.4
  【Heavy Burst】Lv.14
  【Paralysis Resistance】Lv.2
  【Grip】Lv.9
  【Item Box】Lv.4
  【Shockwave】Lv.5
  【Steel Core】Lv.4 (NEW)
  【Steadfast】Lv.5 (NEW)
  【Charm Resistance】Lv.1 (NEW)

 Unique Skills

  【Bad Luck】Lv.10

 Special Equipment 

  《Agility Boost Ring》『Agility +1

━━━━━━━━━━


━━━━━━━━━━

 Freynil

 E-Rank

 Adventurer Level 18


 Weapon Skills

  【Spear】Lv.3
  【Martial Arts】Lv.4
  【Staff】Lv.13

 Defense Skills

  【Buckler】Lv.5

 Physical Skills

  【Vitality】Lv.13
  【Strength】Lv.8
  【Speed】Lv.13
  【Surge】Lv.8
  【Reflex】Lv.8
  【Body Control】Lv.5

 Sensory Skills

  【Vision】Lv.10
  【Hearing】Lv.9
  【Scent】Lv.5
  【Touch】Lv.6
  【Dynamic Acuity】Lv.7
  【Presence Detection】Lv.9

 Mental Skills

  【Devotion】Lv.7
  【Concentration】Lv.14

 Special Skills

  【Holy Magic】Lv.13
  【Divine Magic】Lv.8
  【Parsimony】Lv.7
  【Crucible】Lv.5
  【Life Magic】Lv.6
  【Poison Resistance】Lv.2
  【Barrier Magic】Lv.4
  【Dual Cast】Lv.3
  【Steel Body】Lv.2 (NEW)
  【Sanctity】Lv.3 (NEW)
  【Vital Aura】Lv.3 (NEW)

 Unique Skills

  【Saint's Eye】Lv.4

 Special Equipment

  《Mourning Staff》『C-Rank
  《Mana Boost Ring》『Magic Power +1

━━━━━━━━━━


━━━━━━━━━━

 Rani

 E-Rank

 Adventurer Level 19


 Weapon Skills

  【Longsword】Lv.19
  【Dagger】Lv.5
  【Martial Arts】Lv.9

 Defense Skills

  【Buckler】Lv.7

 Physical Skills

  【Vitality】Lv.17
  【Strength】Lv.16
  【Speed】Lv.23
  【Surge】Lv.20
  【Reflex】Lv.22
  【Body Control】Lv.12

 Sensory Skills

  【Vision】Lv.10
  【Hearing】Lv.15
  【Scent】Lv.19
  【Touch】Lv.8
  【Dynamic Acuity】Lv.16
  【Presence Detection】Lv.15

 Mental Skills

  【Courage】Lv.7
  【Thought Acceleration】Lv.5

 Special Skills

  【Enchantment Magic】Lv.7
  【Paralysis Resistance】Lv.2
  【Cold Resistance】Lv.1
  【Dash】Lv.7
  【Steel Body】Lv.7
  【Critical Strike】Lv.5
  【Might】Lv.6
  【Vault】Lv.6
  【Sever】Lv.5
  【Airstride】Lv.3
  【Poison Resistance】Lv.2 (NEW)
  【Nimble】Lv.3 (NEW)
  【Dampening】Lv.3 (NEW)

 Unique Skills

  【Jinx】Lv.3

 Special Equipment

  《Strength Boost Ring》『Strength +1

━━━━━━━━━━


━━━━━━━━━━

 Sphenia

 C-Rank

 Adventurer Level 29


 Weapon Skills

  【Short-Bow】Lv.23
  【Rapier】Lv.8
  【Dagger】Lv.5
  【Martial Arts】Lv.7

 Defense Skills

  【Buckler】Lv.9

 Physical Skills

  【Vitality】Lv.12
  【Strength】Lv.13
  【Speed】Lv.15
  【Surge】Lv.15
  【Reflex】Lv.12
  【Body Control】Lv.14

 Sensory Skills

  【Vision】Lv.19
  【Hearing】Lv.12
  【Scent】Lv.6
  【Touch】Lv.7
  【Dynamic Acuity】Lv.19
  【Presence Detection】Lv.19

 Mental Skills

  【Composure】Lv.14
  【Thought Acceleration】Lv.8
  【Concentration】Lv.16

 Special Skills

  【Fire Magic】Lv.18
  【Water Magic】Lv.14
  【Wind Magic】Lv.20
  【Earth Magic】Lv.13
  【Steel Body】Lv.7
  【Might】Lv.6
  【Stability】Lv.4
  【Parsimony】Lv.12
  【Farsight】Lv.13
  【Critical Strike】Lv.13
  【Sniping】Lv.14
  【Longshot】Lv.10
  【Poison Resistance】Lv.4
  【Paralysis Resistance】Lv.3
  【Illusion Resistance】Lv.4
  【Confusion Resistance】Lv.3

 Unique Skills

   ???

 Special Equipment

  《Concentration Boost Ring》『Concentration +1

━━━━━━━━━━


After entering the gates of Euron, we parted ways with Lady Hofena for the time being.

Even though I had carried her on my back, the journey must have been exhausting for her. Right now, what she needed most was a good rest.

The five of us, meanwhile, headed straight for the guard station.

As soon as we handed over the letter from the village chief to one of the guards, the officer in charge came out and arranged a carriage to the Viscount's residence.

After a ride of a little over ten minutes, we once again found ourselves stepping into the Viscount's reception room.


“I see... I understand the situation in full. We shall take Lady Shizuna into our custody.”


After lowering the village chief's letter, Viscount Varius looked up and spoke.


“However, this is an extremely delicate matter. Had things gone wrong by even a single step, it could have caused needless friction with a neighboring nation.”


The Viscount handed the letter to his steward, Mr. Rodan, who stood behind him. Beside him, Lady Anatolia also gazed at the letter with great interest.


“Now then, if your party truly accomplished everything described in this letter, then your achievements are nothing short of remarkable. Tell me, Soushi, how significant do you believe your accomplishments are?”


A faint smile tugged at the corner of the Viscount's lips as he fixed his gaze on me.

It felt like he was testing me.


“I believe our accomplishments consist of three things: defeating the slave hunters, defeating the three golems that attacked the village, and stopping the criminals who attempted to murder an innocent person.”


“Oh? If the village chief's conclusions in that letter are correct, wouldn't your achievements also extend into the political sphere?”


“As for the alleged conspiracy by another nation, it remains nothing more than speculation, and I doubt it will ever be proven.
Naturally, I don't believe we can claim any credit for preventing something that cannot even be substantiated.”


When I answered, Rani looked slightly dissatisfied, but there was nothing to be done about it.

There was no physical evidence whatsoever proving that this incident had been orchestrated by another nation. Even if such evidence were somehow uncovered, that alone would hardly be enough to publicly condemn another country.

More likely, the whole affair would simply be buried, with everyone pretending nothing had happened.

That was how matters between nations usually ended.

Even in my previous world, that sort of political maneuvering could often be seen lurking beneath the surface.

Hearing my answer, Viscount Varius's smile widened unmistakably.


“Hah. As expected of someone who worked for a major merchant house. You understand how those games are played. I don't know which company lost you, but I'd wager they're regretting it.”


The Viscount continued to believe I had once belonged to a major trading house.

Well... that's not entirely wrong.


“Very well. We'll arrange a reward for that through the Adventurers' Guild. It'll help your promotion prospects. Is that acceptable?”


“Thank you for your consideration. I have no objections.”


As I bowed my head, the Viscount turned toward Mr. Rodan.


“Rodan. As for Lady Shizuna, we'll escort her to the Royal Capital, confirm her innocence, and then arrange for her return to Ozu. Does that sound about right?”


“Yes, my lord. I believe that will most likely be the course of action.”


After hearing the answer, the Viscount turned to Shizuna.


“So that's how it will be. Lady Shizuna, I ask your patience a little longer. Consider this a measure to ensure your safety.”


“I understand that all too well. I leave everything henceforth in your capable hands.”


There was something remarkably refined about the way Lady Shizuna carried herself.

Just as Sphenia had suggested, perhaps she truly had once belonged to the upper ranks of society.

The Viscount's attitude toward her was clearly not how one would treat a commoner.


“Now then, Rodan, begin making preparations to receive Lady Shizuna. Anatolia... would you like to speak with her?”


“If possible.”


“Very well. I would like a word with Soushi. I'll leave the ladies in your care for the time being.”


“As you wish.”


With that, Mr. Rodan left the room to make preparations, while the Viscount and I headed toward his office.

Freynil, Rani, Sphenia, and Lady Shizuna remained behind with Lady Anatolia.

Although, judging by the way she'd been glancing over all this time, I suspected the one Anatolia truly wanted to speak with was Sphenia.

◇◆◇


“Sorry for dragging you in here again.”


The moment we entered his office, the Viscount dropped his formal tone.


“Not at all. Quite a lot happened this time.”


“Yeah. To be honest, I'm still trying to sort it all out myself... First, about Lady Shizuna. She's almost certainly someone very high up in Ozu. If she'd been assassinated within our borders, we'd have had one hell of a problem on our hands.”


“I see... I would've thought death was simply part of being an adventurer. Is assassination different?”


“If all you wanted was to kill someone, the easiest place would be inside a dungeon.
The fact they went out of their way to assassinate her in the village means the fact that she was assassinated was what mattered. That's the kind of thing that turns into an international incident.”


“That hadn't occurred to me. So the scheme was layered even more deeply than I realized.”


“Exactly. Then there's those golems your party defeated. They were giant Flesh Golems, right?”


“Yes. There were four-legged ones and a humanoid one.”


“Then they were probably Golems created by Corpse Weaver, Mazero. Mazero's a pretty famous name in that line of work. His golems are said to be as strong as monster around B to C-Rank. He made quite a name for himself during the last war.”


“Why would someone that famous involve himself in a conspiracy?”


“Who knows? Probably found himself a wealthy employer. The real issue is that your party wiped out those golems on your own.
Anyone who knows what they're looking at will immediately realize there's something abnormal about your group. You'd better be careful.”


“...Understood. We'll stay on our guard.”


“Well, hurry up and raise your rank. That's the easiest way to avoid trouble. Oh, and about Lady Sphenia, whom you recently added to your party... surely you know what kind of person she is?”


“Lady... Sphenia?”


The Viscount was calling her Lady...

I have a very bad feeling about this.


“You don't know? She's one of the High Elves, an upper race among elves. In human terms, she's basically royalty. Elves don't really think in terms of ruling classes, so it's hard to explain.”


“I had no idea. Does that mean it was inappropriate for her to join our party?”


“No, not really. That's not the issue. The problem is that if anything happens to her... it'll become a major incident. If anything happens. ...You understand, yes?”


“...I'll keep that firmly in mind.”


For the love of God...

First a Duke's daughter, and now Elven royalty?

Even if someone ordered me to, she wasn't someone I could ever lay a hand on.

Not that I had any intention of doing so in the first place.

Still, I'd always suspected Sphenia was someone important.

Turns out her status was even higher than I'd imagined.

If Rani turned out to be the same...

Well, then there'd truly be nowhere left for me to run.

I'd like to believe even my【Bad Luck】skill wasn't that cruel.

(E/N: We'll see about that, Ossan… Soon 🤣!)

◇◆◇

Before we parted ways, Lady Shizuna thanked us most sincerely.

It seemed she'd become quite close with Freynil and the others as well. The girls were surprisingly reluctant to say goodbye.

As fellow adventurers, if fate allowed, we would surely meet again someday.

We got off the carriage in front of the Adventurers' Guild and met Mariane, the receptionist, for the first time in quite a while.

Once our request completion procedures were finished, Mariane informed Freynil and Rani that they had both been promoted to D Rank.


“Thank you very much. Now I'm the same rank as Lord Soushi.”


“Ahh, I finally made it to D Rank. That took forever!”


Each accepted their newly updated Adventurer Card while sharing their thoughts.

To be honest, having C Rank and E Rank adventurers in the same party had always felt a little awkward, so the timing couldn't have been better.


“By the way, your party has four members now, hasn't it?”


Mariane glanced toward Sphenia as she spoke.

The meaningful look in her eyes suggested she probably knew about Sphenia's background.


“Yes. A number of things happened, and she agreed to join us.”


“Although Lady Sphenia is C Rank, you as a party leader, Soushi-san, must also be C-Rank before your party can enter C-class dungeons. I recommend aiming for promotion as soon as possible.”


“That's my intention as well. I plan to clear two more D Class dungeons first. Besides that, what else should I focus on?”


“You've already fulfilled the requirement for defeating human targets with this request. After that, you'll need to complete several monster extermination, gathering, and escort requests.”


“I understand. We'll finish the dungeons first.”


“If you happen to visit the city of Tolson, please let me know. There may be requests available in that direction.”


“I'll do that. Thank you for all your help.”


Compared to when we first met, Mariane seemed much more willing to look after us.

Well, the Guild was probably eager to move us up the ranks as quickly as possible.

Afterward, dealing with the inspection of the three former adventurer slave hunters, completing the necessary paperwork, and disposing of the bodies ended up taking until evening.

There was a bounty paid for them as well, though in the end they were treated much like monsters.

From the Guild's perspective, they simply confirmed whether the three had been registered adventurers, and if so, updated their records to Deceased.

It seemed adventurer records were managed fairly thoroughly.

Once we left the Guild, we went to look for an inn.

Still... ever since Sphenia joined the party, I couldn't help noticing people staring at us inside the Guild.

I couldn't exactly blame them.

The real question was whether that attention would eventually lead to someone picking a fight with us.


——————
E/N:

Hoo-wee! The status of 4 members is brutal af! Editing took much time.

BariusVarius, please note.

The Viscount warns but Ossan so mature, even in a party full of girls, he wouldn't dare do anything stupid.

Stay tuned!

——————

——————————
Check out my other translations -



——————————


Previous        Table of Contents        Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Seems the Convenience Store Clerk Ossan That Got Dragged Into the Teleportation of an Entire Class Will Make Use of the Leftover Skills the Heroes Didn’t Want and Become the Strongest

Soul Devourer of Infinite Growth ~ Stealing Physical Stats and Skills from Monsters and Hunters to Ultimately Slay a God Through Infinite Growth ~

Konbini Ossan Volume 1 Chapter 25 – Herb Gathering and Skill Imbuing