Ossan Saikyō Chapter 9 Part 03
The next morning, as soon as the city gates opened, we set out for Tolson. Everyone had already agreed that we would take care of the Gigant Viper along the way.
As had become routine for our party, we traveled at a steady marathon pace, reaching the village in question just before noon.
After asking the village chief about the Gigant Viper, we headed toward the grasslands he had pointed out. A pond could be seen in the distance, making it look exactly like the sort of place where a giant snake might lurk.
“Mmm... I smell something fishy. It's over by that pond.”
Having Rani around to locate monsters really did feel like cheating.
Remaining on guard, we cautiously approached the pond.
“It's hiding beneath the water, waiting for us. I imagine it's planning to attack the moment we get close.”
Sphenia said as she drew out her crystal staff.
“Can you flush it out with fire magic?”
“If it's hiding too deep, it'll be difficult. But it's probably staying in the shallows, so I think I can. Shall I?”
“When it comes out, I'll try taking it down with one hit. If I fail, back me up.”
“So you just want to test out that new mace. Men really do love that sort of thing.”
Rani was absolutely right.
Still, it couldn't be helped.
I'd spent plenty of time swinging the mace yesterday and had already decided it was ready for actual combat.
“Please be careful, Soushi-sama.”
Leaving Freynil's worried voice behind me, I stepped forward alone.
“Here I go. «Flame Bolt».”
About ten flaming spears arced over my head before crashing into the pond with a tremendous roar, sending clouds of steam billowing into the air.
At the same moment, the water bulged upward.
A gigantic serpent emerged.
The Gigant Viper.
Its eyes fixed on me, burning with what almost looked like anger.
An instant later, the massive snake came gliding toward me with incredible speed.
It really was enormous.
Its body had to be about a meter thick.
The moment the Gigant Viper entered striking range, it opened its massive jaws and lunged.
Its dagger-like fangs gleamed menacingly.
I brought my mace down squarely onto its snout with perfect timing.
The head alone weighed well over 100 kilograms, and I slammed it down at well over 300 kilometers per hour.
Naturally, every one of my strength-enhancing skills multiplied the force behind the blow.
The Gigant Viper's head exploded instantly.
Its headless corpse was proof enough of the overwhelming destructive power of that single strike.
“As expected of Soushi-sama!”
“You really defeated that thing in one hit... Soushi, you're seriously abnormal in so many ways.”
“So that was Soushi-san's full-powered strike... I wonder if it's already beyond C Rank... perhaps even stronger than B Rank...”
I appreciated everyone praising their leader, but I wished they'd tone it down just a little.
◇◆◇
After somehow stuffing the gigantic serpent into my【Item Box】, we resumed our marathon run toward Tolson.
“The fact that the entire thing fits inside the【Item Box】is strange enough, but being able to keep running with it inside seems just as unbelievable.”
Sphenia commented.
That was probably only possible because both my【Vitality】and【Strength】were so abnormally high.
Upon arriving in Tolson, we first secured rooms at an inn before heading to the Adventurers' Guild.
I greeted the receptionist, Kisara.
Well... it hadn't actually been that long since we'd last met.
“Oh? Isn't that Soushi-san? What brings you here?”
“I made it to D-Rank, so I've come to Tolson. Looks like I'll be in your care again for a little while.”
The moment I said that, Kisara stared blankly before leaning over the counter.
“Wait... you're already D-Rank? Isn't that way too fast?”
“Well, I had a bit of luck on my side. Thanks to that, I managed to form a party as well.”
I introduced Freynil and the others.
Kisara's eyes grew even wider.
“Umm... these are your party members? Wow...”
There seemed to be a great deal of meaning packed into that “Wow...”, but I decided not to think too hard about it.
“Oh, by the way, has the request to exterminate the Gigant Viper near the village been registered here?”
“The upper D-Rank one? Yes, it's here.”
“We've already completed it, so I'd like to report it. I was told to deliver the monster materials to Euron, so that's where they'll be processed.”
“Really? Ah... but I'll need to see proof first...”
So we moved over to the dismantling yard, where I took part of the Gigant Viper's corpse out of my【Item Box】.
Kisara kept repeating, “Wha-!? Wha-!? Wha-!?” the entire time, but she seemed convinced that we'd really defeated it.
“We'll be entering the D Class dungeon starting tomorrow.”
After informing her of our plans, we left the Guild.
◇◆◇
There were two inns in Tolson.
Since our party now included three girls, we naturally chose the more expensive one.
Rani teased me about seeming friendly with Kisara, while Freynil gave me a slightly sad look.
In the end, we had an early dinner at the inn before returning to our rooms.
Or at least, that had been the plan.
Afterward, I quietly slipped out of the inn and headed for the other one.
Naturally, I wanted to greet the members of Silver Ring, who had helped me before.
Unfortunately, when I asked the innkeeper, she told me that Silver Ring was away on an extermination request.
A wasted trip.
Well, that sort of thing happened when you were adventurers.
As I walked down the hallway after returning to our inn, Rani stepped out of her room.
Without warning, she started sniffing me.
“What are you doing?”
“Checking whether you smell like another woman.”
“Huh...?”
“Well, you're a man, so I guess I can understand that sort of thing. But you're in a party with three girls now, so be careful, okay?”
Before I could even think of a reply, Rani turned around and went back into the girls' room.
I could vaguely hear someone saying, “Looks like he's fine”.
...What exactly had they suspected me of?
Surely they hadn't thought I'd gone to some shady establishment?
I suppose girls disliked men who visited places like that, no matter what world they lived in.
——————
E/N:
Ossan, my brother in arms, it's not that any girl dislikes that, it's just those who are in love do. Ya dense muhfugger 🤣!
Stay tuned!
——————
——————————
Check out my other translations -
——————————
Comments