Ossan Saikyō Chapter 10 — The Twilight Kin | | Part 01
━━━━━━━━━━
Soushi Okuno
D-Rank
Adventurer Level 28
Weapon Skills
【Mace】Lv.34
【Longsword】Lv.10
【Dagger】Lv.6
【Martial Arts】Lv.18
Defense Skills
【Buckler】Lv.17
【Tower Shield】Lv.17
Physical Skills
【Vitality】Lv.35
【Strength】Lv.40
【Speed】Lv.24
【Surge】Lv.25
【Reflex】Lv.21
【Body Control】Lv.13
Sensory Skills
【Vision】Lv.17
【Hearing】Lv.15
【Scent】Lv.9
【Touch】Lv.9
【Dynamic Acuity】Lv.21
【Presence Detection】Lv.15
Mental Skills
【Composure】Lv.14
【Thought Acceleration】Lv.11
【Fury】Lv.3
Special Skills
【Regeneration】Lv.9
【Stability】Lv.20
【Steel Body】Lv.15
【Whiplash】Lv.11
【Poison Resistance】Lv.4
【Might】Lv.20 (MAX)
【Illusion Resistance】Lv.4
【Heavy Burst】Lv.18
【Paralysis Resistance】Lv.2
【Grip】Lv.13
【Item Box】Lv.8
【Shockwave】Lv.8
【Steel Core】Lv.8
【Steadfast】Lv.9
【Charm Resistance】Lv.3
【Adamant】Lv.2 (NEW)
Unique Skills
【Bad Luck】Lv.10
Special Equipments
《Agility Boost Ring》•『Agility +1』
《Abberant Mace》•『Unranked Weapon』
━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━
Freynil
D-Rank
Adventurer Level 23
Weapon Skills
【Spear】Lv.3
【Martial Arts】Lv.5
【Staff】Lv.16
Defense Skills
【Buckler】Lv.6
Physical Skills
【Vitality】Lv.15
【Strength】Lv.9
【Speed】Lv.15
【Surge】Lv.9
【Reflex】Lv.9
【Body Control】Lv.6
Sensory Skills
【Vision】Lv.12
【Hearing】Lv.10
【Scent】Lv.6
【Touch】Lv.7
【Dynamic Acuity】Lv.8
【Presence Detection】Lv.10
Mental Skills
【Devotion】Lv.9
【Concentration】Lv.18
Special Skills
【Holy Magic】Lv.16
【Divine Magic】Lv.10
【Parsimony】Lv.10
【Crucible】Lv.7
【Life Magic】Lv.8
【Poison Resistance】Lv.2
【Barrier Magic】Lv.6
【Dual Cast】Lv.5
【Steel Body】Lv.3
【Sanctity】Lv.5
【Vital Aura】Lv.5
【Remote Cast】Lv.2 (NEW)
Unique Skills
【Saint's Eye】Lv.4
Special Equipments
《Mourning Staff》『C-Rank』
《Mana Boost Ring》『Magic Power +1』
━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━
Rani
D-Rank
Adventurer Level 24
Weapon Skills
【Longsword】Lv.22
【Dagger】Lv.6
【Martial Arts】Lv.10
Defense Skills
【Buckler】Lv.8
Physical Skills
【Vitality】Lv.20
【Strength】Lv.19
【Speed】Lv.28
【Surge】Lv.24
【Reflex】Lv.26
【Body Control】Lv.16
Sensory Skills
【Vision】Lv.12
【Hearing】Lv.18
【Scent】Lv.21
【Touch】Lv.10
【Dynamic Acuity】Lv.19
【Presence Detection】Lv.16
Mental Skills
【Courage】Lv.9
【Thought Acceleration】Lv.7
Special Skills
【Enchantment Magic】Lv.9
【Paralysis Resistance】Lv.2
【Cold Resistance】Lv.2
【Dash】Lv.10
【Steel Body】Lv.9
【Critical Strike】Lv.9
【Might】Lv.8
【Vault】Lv.10
【Sever】Lv.8
【Airstride】Lv.8
【Poison Resistance】Lv.3
【Nimble】Lv.7
【Dampening】Lv.6
【Stability】Lv.2 (NEW)
Unique Skills
【Jinx】Lv.4
Special Equipments
《Strength Boost Ring》•『Strength +1』
《Accel-Edge Bracelet》•『Speed Blade +1』
━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━
Sphenia
C-Rank
Adventurer Level 32
Weapon Skills
【Short-Bow】Lv.26
【Rapier】Lv.9
【Dagger】Lv.6
【Martial Arts】Lv.8
Defense Skills
【Buckler】Lv.10
Physical Skills
【Vitality】Lv.15
【Strength】Lv.15
【Speed】Lv.17
【Surge】Lv.17
【Reflex】Lv.14
【Body Control】Lv.18
Sensory Skills
【Vision】Lv.21
【Hearing】Lv.13
【Scent】Lv.7
【Touch】Lv.8
【Dynamic Acuity】Lv.21
【Presence Detection】Lv.20
Mental Skills
【Composure】Lv.16
【Thought Acceleration】Lv.10
【Concentration】Lv.18
Special Skills
【Fire Magic】Lv.19
【Water Magic】Lv.15
【Wind Magic】Lv.20 (MAX)
【Earth Magic】Lv.14
【Steel Body】Lv.8
【Might】Lv.7
【Stability】Lv.6
【Parsimony】Lv.14
【Farsight】Lv.15
【Critical Strike】Lv.15
【Sniping】Lv.16
【Longshot】Lv.10
【Poison Resistance】Lv.4
【Paralysis Resistance】Lv.3
【Illusion Resistance】Lv.4
【Confusion Resistance】Lv.3
【Pierce】Lv.3 (NEW)
Unique Skills
???
Special Equipments
《Concentration Boost Ring》•『Concentration +1』
《White Heron Bow》•『D-Rank; Effect:『Stun (Minor)』』
━━━━━━━━━━
After parting ways with Kaim and the others, we ran all the way back to Euron in one go.
Without encountering any trouble along the way, we were greeting the receptionist Mariane at Euron's Adventurers' Guild before evening.
“Welcome back, Soushi-san. Were you able to defeat the Gigant Viper?”
“Yes, without any problems. Its corpse is stored in my【Item Box】, so I'd like to hand it in at the dismantling yard. Also, I have another matter to report. Could you please deliver this to the Guildmaster?”
I handed her a sealed letter.
When I'd reported the grotesque monster at the Tolson guild, they'd asked me to relay the information to Euron.
Apparently, it was beyond what the Tolson guild could handle, so they'd entrusted me with the letter.
“The corpse...? I-I understand. Then please take the materials to the dismantling yard. I'll deliver this letter to the Guildmaster.”
“Understood.”
With that, we headed toward the dismantling yard via the training grounds.
I approached one of the male staff members working inside a prefab building at the edge of the plaza.
“Excuse me. I'd like to hand in a Gigant Viper for dismantling.”
“Hm? Yeah, alright... Wait, huh? Gigant Viper, you say?”
“Yes. It's stored in my【Item Box】.”
“In your【Item Box】...? So you just mean part of it? Well, whatever. Just bring it out into the plaza.”
As instructed, I removed the Gigant Viper's corpse from my【Item Box】.
Since time didn't pass inside the【Item Box】, it was still practically fresh.
Still, taking out an entire 20-or-so-meter long snake was quite an undertaking.
When I called out, “I've taken it out”, the staff member stepped outside.
“Let's see... Wh-Whoa!? The whole thing!? And it's a huge one too! You really went all out.”
Judging from his astonished expression, storing the entire massive creature inside an【Item Box】really was considered outrageous.
Well, Sphenia had said as much too.
“This'll be a lot of work. But it's rare to see a Gigant Viper in such perfect condition... Wait... was its head destroyed in a single hit?”
“Yes.”
“Huh. You've got some serious skill. Alright, we'll take it from here. Here, take this.”
The staff member handed me a wooden tag with a number carved into it.
It was probably a claim ticket.
As I accepted it, Mariane arrived.
The moment she saw the Gigant Viper's corpse, her mouth fell open for just an instant before she hurriedly returned to her usual expressionless face.
“The Guildmaster would like to hear your report. Please come with me.”
After thanking the dismantling staff, we followed Marianne.
◇◆◇
This was my second time meeting Euron's Guildmaster.
After giving him a detailed report about the mysterious monster in the meeting room, the handsome middle aged man with neatly parted blond hair narrowed his eyes thoughtfully.
“I've never heard of such a monster. From your description, it doesn't resemble any monster previously recorded.”
“I thought the same. One theory I heard was that it resembled the Devils described in the scriptures of the Aashram Church.”
“Hm...”
The Guildmaster glanced briefly at Freynil.
As expected, he knew about the Saint candidature.
“The unfortunate part is that not even part of the corpse remains. However, your Adventurer Card clearly recorded the defeat of an unidentified monster. Judging from this mana stone, I have no reason to doubt your report. Other parties witnessed it as well?”
“Yes. The party called〈Silver Ring〉from Tolson that I mentioned earlier saw it too.”
“I understand. We'll handle this matter from here. As for this mana stone, we have no idea how much it's worth... or even whether it can be valued at all.
…
So, based on its size, we'll provisionally classify it as the magic stone of a B-Rank monster and purchase it at the standard rate. If it later proves to be worth more, we'll assess the difference and pay you the remainder.
…
On the other hand, it may turn out to have no commercial value at all, perhaps if a national research institute claims it. If that happens, you'll have to settle for the standard amount.”
“I understand.”
If the Royal government stepped in, there wasn't much an ordinary citizen could do.
Though normally, I'd expect the Royal family to at least preserve appearances rather than simply confiscate it without compensation.
“Mariane, count this as the defeat of a B-Rank monster and apply the appropriate promotion points. I caught a glimpse of that Gigant Viper earlier. Any adventurer capable of crushing its head in a single blow needs to reach C-Rank as soon as possible.”
“Understood. I believe Soushi will be promoted to C-Rank as a result of this mission.”
It didn't really seem like the sort of thing to announce in front of the person involved...
When I glanced at my party members, all three nodded enthusiastically.
So perhaps I really did deserve it.
After leaving the Guildmaster's office, we completed the reward procedures at the front counter.
Since dismantling the Gigant Viper would take until nightfall, everything related to it, along with my promotion, was postponed until the following day.
◇◆◇
When we visited the Guild the next day, Mariane informed us of both, the purchase price for the Gigant Viper and my promotion to C-Rank.
Rank aside, when we heard that the Gigant Viper had sold for over 10 million Rom, everyone was stunned.
“That is the first time in Euron that an entire Gigant Viper has been delivered intact. Furthermore, both the hide and meat were almost completely undamaged and in exceptional condition.”
So that's why.
Kisara had told me before that field monster meat sold for high prices, and apparently giant snakes were no exception.
Still... 10 million…
Then again, considering things like blue-fin tuna auctions back on Earth, maybe it wasn't that unbelievable.
Now that I was officially C-Rank, I could challenge C-Rank dungeons.
But before that, we still had one more D-Rank dungeon in Euron to conquer.
At 15 floors, it was the most difficult D-Rank dungeon.
Apparently, even Sphenia's former party had given up there.
To clear it safely would require spending two nights inside, so we decided to spend today shopping for supplies.
As the four of us walked down the street, I noticed a carriage stopped in front of a shop.
Standing around it were the four members of the C-Rank party〈Fortuner〉.
From the looks of it, someone important was riding in the carriage, with〈Fortuner〉serving as their escort.
Thinking it would be inappropriate to interrupt them while they were working, I started walking past.
Then their leader, Zeal, called out.
“Hey, Soushi. Picked up another party member?”
“Ah, Zeal-dono. Yes, this is Sphenia. I hope you'll look after her.”
(E/N: Ik weird to read the last line but it's basically a way to introduce your colleague(s)/team member/junior/employee to another person of status higher or equal to you.)
Sphenia gave a small bow.
Zeal shot me another meaningful look.
“You've picked up another beautiful young lady, huh? Your party stands out even from a distance. Better be careful or you're going to make people jealous.”
“We've already had one incident. I just reached C-Rank today, though, so once word spreads, I'm hoping that'll discourage people a little.”
“Oh? Weren't you only promoted to D-Rank recently? What'd you do this time?”
He was probably referring to the Goblin King incident.
Thinking about it, we'd certainly run into our fair share of trouble lately.
“Well... we defeated a few large monsters. Just recently we also took down something equivalent to a B-Rank monster.”
Zeal let out a low whistle.
“That's impressive. No wonder the Guild couldn't leave you at D-Rank. The jealousy might die down, but instead you'll get worked to the bone. Better prepare yourself.”
His words carried real experience.
Perhaps escorting this carriage was one of those jobs he was talking about.
“Oh? Why, if it isn't Soushi-sama and company.”
At that moment, someone emerged from the shop and called out to us.
It was Lady Shizuna, the black-haired shrine maiden from the Kingdom of Ozu.
At the moment, Viscount Varius had taken responsibility for her, and before long she was supposed to travel to the royal capital to be examined with a truth-judgement magic tool.
“It's been a while, Shizuna-sama. Are you heading to the Royal Capital?”
“So I've been told. I've become entangled in quite the troublesome affair, but at least it gives me a chance to travel by carriage to this kingdom's Royal Capital.”
“I see. It'll be a long journey, so please take care.”
“Indeed. And Fray and the others too, I've been in your care. Do take care of yourselves.”
After exchanging a few more words with Freynil and the others, Lady Shizuna boarded the carriage when prompted by one of the female soldiers.
Since she was still being treated as an important witness, she obviously wasn't free to act entirely as she pleased.
Zeal watched our exchange with mild surprise, but once Lady Shizuna returned to the carriage, he switched back into work mode.
“I didn't realize you knew her. Anyway, we're off to escort her to the Royal Capital. If anything happens around here while we're gone, your party's going to be one of the guild's key fighting forces. So stay sharp.”
“Thank you. Please stay safe yourselves, Zeal-dono.”
After exchanging farewells, Zeal's party and the carriage headed toward the city gate.
Since Lady Shizuna was clearly a noble from another country, Viscount Varius had probably assigned the trustworthy〈Fortuner〉party as her escort.
Still, if we keep aiming higher, will we eventually end up going to the Royal Capital ourselves?
The thought was oddly exciting.
Since I'd come to another world, I'd like to see as much of it as I could.
——————
E/N:
New Volume and Ossan and company's already making bank and getting ahead in Ranks! Faighto!
Stay tuned!
——————
——————————
——————————
Comments
Thank you for pointing out the mistakes, at 2 places at that. I should have double checked 😔. And thank you for reading this far! ☺️