Soul Devourer Chapter 6 Episode 36 — The Wasteland and the Giant's Shadow
The next day.
After getting ready, I passed through the first-floor lobby and stepped outside the hotel.
I gave a light nod to Ivan, who was waiting beside the car, and climbed into the back seat.
Once Ivan settled into the driver's seat and started the engine, the car quietly glided forward.
My dungeon conquest in Russia was finally entering its final stage.
Today, I would be challenging an Upper-Tier S-Rank Dungeon.
I had already reviewed my current status beforehand and finished strengthening myself by spending Skill Points and Surplus Experience.
My condition was perfect.
As I gazed out at the passing scenery beyond the window, I gradually shifted my mindset into battle mode.
♦︎♢♦︎♢♦︎♢♦︎♢♦︎♢
Eventually, the car slowed and came to a smooth stop.
“Matsubara Hunter, we've arrived.”
“Understood.”
Apparently, I had fallen asleep while being lulled by the faint vibrations of the ride. Called back by his voice, I slowly opened my eyes.
Outside the window was the familiar plaza, bustling with hunters coming and going.
Stepping out of the vehicle, I stretched deeply to loosen my stiffened body.
“Well then, Ivan-san. I'm off.”
“Matsubara Hunter. Beyond this point lies an Upper-Tier S-Rank Dungeon that even S-Rank Hunters struggle with. Please be careful.”
(E/N: What a nice guy Ivan is! He deserves a lot of gifts and hugs!)
“Yes. I'll make sure not to let my guard down.”
Taking his warning to heart, I steeled myself once more.
Crossing a plaza that was noticeably less crowded than those of the previous dungeons, I completed the entry procedures.
The moment the process was finished, I activated【Void Magic】and summoned Samael and the others.
I took a single step forward.
The instant I passed through the dungeon entrance, my surroundings changed completely.
Before me stretched a desolate wasteland devoid of even a single blade of grass.
Enormous fissures crisscrossed the land, creating a scene as though the world itself were on the verge of collapse.
The atmosphere resembled Narasimha's dungeon.
Yet unlike that place, all traces of life were completely absent.
In the distance across the wasteland, I spotted a massive shadow engaged in battle with several hunters.
Its overwhelming size was apparent even from afar.
Standing upright on two legs, it was unmistakably a Giant-type monster.
“Samael, Tamuel, Nox. I'll stay nearby while hidden. The three of you can rampage as much as you like and wipe them out.”
~wiggle~wiggle~squirm~rustle~
~clatter~clatter~clatter~clatter~
~~~~~
The three of them each bore kingly titles:〈Scourge King〉,〈Eldritch King〉, and〈Stygian King〉.
Even if this was an Upper-Tier S-Rank Dungeon, dealing with ordinary monsters would pose no problem for them.
The moment I finished giving my instructions, I activated【Eidolon】 and completely concealed my existence.
During the previous dungeon conquest, I had been attacked by one of the〈Semi-Tsar〉bastard.
The cannon fodder hadn't been an issue, but when I fought the man himself, I had certainly taken a painful hit.
That said, thanks to【Karma】, he should have suffered an equivalent counterattack.
In fact, no further attacks had come after that.
However, whether he was alive or dead remained unknown.
In that case, there was no reason to lower my guard.
Throughout the dungeon run, I would remain hidden at all times, using stealth as protection against surprise attacks.
And if he appeared again…
This time, I would make sure to finish him off completely.
With quiet determination burning within me, I stepped onto the ravaged land and began searching for my next prey among the Giant-type monsters.
—————————
Current Status
—————————
——————
E/N:
Very good, since no mana consumption, just stay hidden. The best skill for introverts, I say! 😂
Stay tuned!
——————
——————————
Check out my other translations -
——————————
Comments