Ossan Saikyō Chapter 7 — Freynil's Past | | Part 01
━━━━━━━━━━
Soushi Okuno
D-Rank
Adventurer Level 15
Weapon Skills
【Mace】Lv.19
【Longsword】Lv.8
【Dagger】Lv.4
【Martial Arts】Lv.10
Defense Skills
【Buckler】Lv.15
【Great Shield】Lv.3 (NEW)
Physical Skills
【Vitality】Lv.18
【Strength】Lv.23
【Speed】Lv.16
【Surge】Lv.16
【Reflex】Lv.14
【Body Control】Lv.6
Sensory Skills
【Vision】Lv.12
【Hearing】Lv.10
【Scent】Lv.7
【Touch】Lv.7
【Dynamic Acuity】Lv.15
【Presence Detection】Lv.12
Mental Skills
【Composure】Lv.10
【Thought Acceleration】Lv.7
【Fury】Lv.2
Special Skills
【Regeneration】Lv.4
【Stability】Lv.8
【Steel Body】Lv.6
【Whiplash】Lv.6
【Poison Resistance】Lv.2
【Might】Lv.10
【Illusion Resistance】Lv.4
【Heavy Burst】Lv.8
【Paralysis Resistance】Lv.1
【Grip】Lv.3 (NEW)
Unique Skills
【Bad Luck】Lv.10
━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━
Freynil
E-Rank
Adventurer Level 10
Weapon Skills
【Spear】Lv.3
【Martial Arts】Lv.3
【Staff】Lv.7
Defense Skills
【Buckler】Lv.3
Physical Skills
【Vitality】Lv.8
【Strength】Lv.5
【Speed】Lv.8
【Surge】Lv.5
【Reflex】Lv.5
【Body Control】Lv.2
Sensory Skills
【Vision】Lv.7
【Hearing】Lv.6
【Scent】Lv.4
【Touch】Lv.4
【Dynamic Acuity】Lv.4
【Presence Detection】Lv.6
Mental Skills
【Courage】Lv.5
【Concentration】Lv.7
Special Skills
【Holy Magic】Lv.8
【Divine Magic】Lv.5
【Parsimony】Lv.5
【Crucible】Lv.2
【Life Magic】Lv.3
【Poison Resistance】Lv.1
Unique Skills
【Saint's Eye】Lv.3
━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━
Rani
E-Rank
Adventurer Level 11
Weapon Skills
【Longsword】Lv.13
【Dagger】Lv.4
【Martial Arts】Lv.6
Defense Skills
【Buckler】Lv.5
Physical Skills
【Vitality】Lv.9
【Strength】Lv.10
【Speed】Lv.14
【Surge】Lv.13
【Reflex】Lv.13
【Body Control】Lv.6
Sensory Skills
【Vision】Lv.6
【Hearing】Lv.10
【Scent】Lv.14
【Touch】Lv.6
【Dynamic Acuity】Lv.8
【Presence Detection】Lv.12
Mental Skills
【Courage】Lv.5
【Thought Acceleration】Lv.2
Special Skills
【Enchantment Magic】Lv.4
【Paralysis Resistance】Lv.1
【Cold Resistance】Lv.1
【Dash】Lv.4
【Steel Body】Lv.4
【Critical Strike】Lv.3
【Might】Lv.3
【Vault】Lv.2 (NEW)
Unique Skills
【Jinx】Lv.3
━━━━━━━━━━
(A/N: Skills are estimates only)
After clearing the undead castle, we returned to the town of Euron.
Two days later, I was informed of my promotion to D-rank, granting us access to D-class dungeons.
Now we could grow even stronger… maybe even head back to Tolson and meet Kaim and the others; I was thinking that while standing in front of the guild counter when-
“Soushi-dono, Viscount Barius has ordered that your party be brought to him. You may come as you are dressed and please have your entire party board the carriage.”
Saying that, the suddenly-appearing Crimson Anatolia practically escorted the three of us to a grand noble mansion in the center of Euron.
We were seated side by side on a sofa in what looked like a reception room when the door opened, and a man in his thirties wearing luxurious noble attire entered.
With Anatolia and another man; the older gentleman I’d seen before in Tolson, likely the viscount’s steward, accompanying him, it was clear this man was Viscount Barius himself.
He had a solid build, more like a warrior than a noble. His brown hair was slicked back, and his gaze was sharp. He had the unmistakable air of a former adventurer.
Freynil and I stood and bowed, and Rani hurriedly followed suit with an energetic bow.
“Apologies for summoning you on such short notice. I was once an adventurer myself, so there’s no need to worry about formalities. Please, relax.”
His voice was calmer than his appearance suggested as he sat across from us. Anatolia and the steward stood behind him, creating a very “noble audience” kind of scene.
“I am McLuhan Barius, a Viscount of the Vermilion Kingdom. I hear you contributed greatly to the subjugation of the undead stronghold. First, allow me to express my gratitude.”
“I am honored.”
I responded, recalling what etiquette I could from my previous life. But dealing with nobles in a class-based society was unfamiliar territory, I could only do so much.
“Hmm…”
The Viscount’s eyebrow twitched slightly, perhaps at my manner.
“As Anatolia mentioned, you seem well-versed in etiquette, Soushi-dono. Were you formerly part of a merchant house?”
“Yes, I was a merchant. However, I was not entrusted with dealings with nobility, so I apologize in advance for any shortcomings.”
“Heh, no need to be so stiff. Now then, the reason I summoned you is not only your accomplishments, but the magic spell she used. I would like to know what kind of skill it is.”
…As expected.
If it were just about our performance, there was no way a Viscount would summon us personally. So that magic, the【Divine Magic】, was that significant.
I nodded to Freynil, who looked uneasy beside me, and answered.
“That magic is【Divine Magic】, specifically a spell called «Divine Glory».”
Anatolia and the steward exchanged glances, and the Viscount let out a soft breath.
“I see… Thank you for sharing such important information about your party.”
He then turned to Freynil.
“Lady Freynir, is what he just said true?”
“…Yes, it is true.”
Freynil glanced at me briefly before answering. Also… Did he just call her ‘Lady Freynil”…?
“And is it correct that no one else knows of this yet?”
“Yes. Other than Soushi-sama and Rani here, no one else knows.”
“That is fortunate. Still, I never imagined Lady Freynil would be in my territory. I assume your father is unaware as well?”
“I believe he is unaware. To that household, my existence was not of much importance.”
“That cannot be… However, this matter ought to be reported to your father immediately-”
“Please do not tell him. I am now simply Freynir the Adventurer.”
“But that's…”
From the exchange, it seemed Freynil was originally the daughter of a high-ranking noble, cast aside for some reason. Judging by her reaction, she had no intention of returning; she must have been treated terribly.
The Viscount closed his eyes, thinking. If my guess was correct, this was a difficult decision for him. As a noble, “not informing her father” likely wasn’t even an option.
“Rodan, what should I do? The manifestation of【Divine Magic】in Lady Freynil would be significant even for that house.”
The Viscount addressed the steward, Rodan, who answered.
“Given your position, Your Excellency, not informing them is not an option. However, considering that household’s circumstances, it is highly likely that what would be sent to Lady Freynil would not be a welcoming party, but assassins. Informing them may serve no meaningful purpose.”
Rodan’s words were shocking. He had mentioned “assassins”.
So this was the level of danger tied to【Divine Magic】…?
“…I see. Very well. Soushi-dono, and Rani-dono, I would like everything discussed here to remain strictly confidential. We will not disclose it, and I ask that you do the same.”
“Understood.”
“Got it.”
After hearing that, we had no choice but to agree.
“As for that magic, let us simply call it an advanced spell of『Holy』attribute.『Divine』attribute has been kept a secret for long, and very few know its effects. No one will recognize, what Lady Freynil used, as【Divine Magic】.”
At those words, Freynil let out a relieved expression and tightly grabbed my arm.
The three across from us reacted slightly to that.
…Wait. Are they misunderstanding something?
“Hm. In that case, Lady Freynil, you intend to continue as an adventurer with your current party?”
“Yes. I have decided to follow Soushi-sama wherever he goes.”
Freynil tightened her grip on my arm.
Hold on, the expressions of those three just got a bit scary… Rani was snickering, but this wasn’t the time for that.
“I see. If there is anything you require for your activities as adventurers, please inform us. We will do what we can. Also, Soushi-dono… I would like to speak with you in another room, if you don’t mind.”
“Y-Yes, understood.”
Following the Viscount, who wore a serious expression, I left the reception room.
——————
E/N:
Well damn! Poor Ossan 😂! Got called pedo without saying a word!
Stay tuned!
——————
——————————
Check out my other translations -
——————————
Comments