Ossan Saikyō Chapter 3 Part 04
After that, we handled the cleanup and returned to the town of Tolson.
Apparently, leaving over 2,000 goblin corpses as they were wasn’t an option, so they were gathered into one place and burned using magic and oil.
That alone took more than half a day, and it really drove home just how troublesome goblin reproduction is.
I took the next day off after returning, but from the day after that, it was back to my usual routine of F-class dungeons and training.
Two days later, when I stopped by the guild in the evening, I received the reward for the large-scale subjugation mission, along with the payment for the rare Boss horns, from Kisara.
“Sorry to have kept you waiting. We finally received a response from headquarters. It seems they really are quite rare, so the purchase price came out like this.”
What she handed me was 1,700,000 Rom. For being materials from an F-class dungeon monster, that was an outrageous amount.
“This is a huge help. I spent quite a bit preparing for the subjugation, so with this, I should be able to make it to the town of Euron.”
“Okuno-san, you’re really leaving, aren’t you? I’ll miss you a little.”
“Thank you. Thanks to you, Kisara-san, I got a great start as an adventurer. I’ll come back once I reach D-rank, so I hope you’ll take care of me again then.”
“Yes, of course. There aren’t many people who can defeat a goblin King at E-rank. I think you’ll become very strong, so please do your best.”
“Yeah, I’ll do my best not to die. Well then, excuse me.”
I bowed to Kisara and left the guild.
◇◆◇
That night, under the pretense of a farewell party, I had dinner with the four members of〈Silver Ring〉.
“So, you’re really leaving, huh, old man… gotta admit, I’m a little sad.”
Kaim muttered that while drinking, sounding unusually sentimental.
Beside him, Meribe nodded along, her eyes looking just a bit teary.
“Honestly, Soushi-san was calm and reassuring to be around, so it’s a shame. But you’re strong enough to take down a King, so I guess it can’t be helped.”
“Frankly, that surprised me. A King’s hide should be quite tough. Crushing its head in one blow… that’s tremendous strength.”
Ranan said that calmly while eating, clearly impressed, while Raberto beside her nodded enthusiastically.
“Thanks to Soushi-san, I realized a mace can totally work. I’m gonna train my strength skills more and push myself.”
“Yeah. If you can handle a heavier mace, your power goes up accordingly. You might want to focus on training by swinging heavier weights.”
“What kind of training do you do, Soushi-san?”
“I swing Dark Metal rods I bought from the weapon shop.”
“Dark Metal? That useless metal that’s just stupidly heavy?”
Kaim cut in, intrigued.
“Yeah. I bought three of them and use them for swinging and running while carrying them.”
“Whoa, you’ve been doing that? No wonder you’re strong.”
Raberto’s eyes widened, and Ranan added from the side.
“No, carrying three Dark Metal rods isn’t something an average adventurer can do. At that point, Soushi-san is abnormal.”
“Really?”
“Of course. High ranks aside, there’s no way an E-rank could manage that.”
“Then why can Soushi-san do it?”
It was Meribe who answered Raberto’s question.
“Maybe he awakened with a natural aptitude for strength. Kisara mentioned before that there are adventurers like that.”
“That’s a thing?”
“Even among Awakened, there are differences. Even if they fight in the same dungeons, the rate at which they grow varies from person to person.”
“Well, that’s true even outside of being Awakened. Maybe the old man here is just a bit special.”
Kaim looked at me with a hint of admiration. I didn’t quite know how to react to that kind of attitude, but thinking about it, differences in talent are only natural.
Even in my previous life, there were plenty of people I could never beat no matter how hard I tried. If I were now on the other side of that gap…
**What would I do?
“…I did feel like something was off myself. If that’s the case, maybe I should train even harder with that in mind.”
“I’m really curious how strong you’ll get. Oh, hey, can I try holding your mace? I wanna know what kind of level I should be aiming for in training.”
“Yeah, go ahead.”
Raberto grabbed the mace that had been leaning nearby. He held it with both hands and gave it a swing, but his body wobbled noticeably.
The weapons shopkeeper had said it was meant for strength-focused D-ranks, and that seemed about right.
The fact that it was already starting to feel light to me… yeah, maybe I really am a strength-specialized adventurer.
——————
E/N:
Next stop, Euron! Let's keep training our muscles!
Stay tuned!
——————
——————————
Check out my other translations -
——————————
Comments