Ossan Saikyō Chapter 2 — As a New Adventurer… | | Part 01


━━━━━━━━━━

 Adventurer Level 4


 Weapon Skills

  【Mace】Lv.5
  【Dagger】Lv.3

 Defense Skills

  【Buckler】Lv.5

 Physical Skills

  【Vitality】Lv.5
  【Strength】Lv.6
  【Speed】Lv.5
  【Surge】Lv.6
  【Reflex】Lv.5

 Sensory Skills

  【Vision】Lv.4
  【Hearing】Lv.3
  【Scent】Lv.3
  【Touch】Lv.3
  【Dynamic Acuity】Lv.5
  【Presence Detection】Lv.5

 Mental Skills

  【Composure】Lv.3
  【Thought Acceleration】Lv.2

━━━━━━━━━━


To live as long as possible in this second life, I have to become stronger no matter what.

Having realized that, I decided to start training from before dawn, even if it meant a bit of overwork.

At the town entrance, I tried swinging the Dark Metal rod, and it was far tougher than I expected.

After all, it weighs more than my own body. Even swinging it requires thinking about balance, which makes it quite difficult.

Still, if I handle it like a normal dumbbell, the load actually feels insufficient. At this point, I’ve clearly become something close to inhuman.

Anyway, after training with the rod in various ways, I confirmed that my skill growth improved significantly.

Then I ate the meat skewers I had bought in advance. They were cold and hardened, but I ate them anyway. Protein spreading through my body. This should increase my base strength too. Probably.

Once the sun rose, I timed it and headed to the Great Rock Dungeon. Strength training is important, but earning money matters too.

I’ve already memorized the route to the third floor. With my skills having improved this morning, I should be able to fight better than yesterday. Without hesitation, I went down to the third floor.

Five goblins appeared immediately. Without any tricks, I swung my mace horizontally straight at them.

Three on the right were blown away, and the two on the left had their wooden sticks knocked aside and froze up. Of course, I crushed the remaining two in one breath.

Wouldn't you look at that, brute force works just fine!

Next came four Rock Lizards. They opened their mouths wide and charged simultaneously.

Taking them head-on would be bad. I stepped to the left and struck the leftmost one with an upward swing.

The remaining three turned toward me, but because I had moved left, they ended up charging in a straight line.

I countered them one by one, smashing their faces, and finished them off without much trouble. For slower monsters, positioning really is key.

Oh, my thinking feels even sharper. Maybe I should keep going on the third floor.

As a result, I realized that the third floor is manageable. Since there are more monsters, the earnings are better too.

I got a bit careless and got my leg bitten once by a Rock Lizard, but I took it down immediately and used a potion, so it wasn’t a problem.

After defeating a large number of goblins and Rock Lizards, my adventurer level went up by one, and after confirming the entrance to the fourth floor, I decided to call it a day.

Since I had some time left, I of course stopped by my usual training spot (temp.).

◇◆◇


“Mr. Okuno, aren’t you pushing yourself too hard?”


At the guild, receptionist Kisara looked at me suspiciously as she saw the large haul.

I might have pushed myself a bit today, but admitting that would be troublesome, so I decided to play it off.


“No, I don’t think I’m overdoing it. My body’s fine.”


“But that tear in your pants, that’s from being bitten, isn’t it?”

As expected of a professional, she didn’t miss that.


“Ah, yeah, that’s right. But I have potions prepared.”


“They say the first three months are the most dangerous for adventurers. Please be careful.”


“Thank you. I don’t intend to die just yet, so I’ll be careful.”


As I received over 100,000 Rom, I turned my gaze toward the bulletin board to avoid her eyes.

Normally, it displays information about monsters that appear in dungeons, but occasionally, requests to subjugate monsters appearing in the field are posted.

Though that’s usually irrelevant for a beginner F-rank like me…


“Oh, right. There’s currently a goblin subjugation request. A small settlement was found nearby. I think the E-rank party〈Silver Ring〉will take it, but would you like to join, Mr. Okuno?”


“Huh?”


That was an unexpected offer.〈Silver Ring〉is the name of that helpful young man’s party.


“Wouldn’t they mind?”


“No, actually, for adventurers E-rank and above, helping train newcomers earns them good points.”


“Points?”


“Yes, points needed to raise their rank. The guild is also putting effort into training newcomers, so it’s part of that.”


“I see. So by taking me along on the subjugation request, they earn points.”


“Yes. You seemed to get along well with Kaim, so I thought it would be a good fit. Of course, participating in the request will also earn you points.”


“I see…”


This actually sounds like a pretty good opportunity. I want to experience a subjugation request, and I’m curious about a goblin settlement. More importantly, being able to observe an E-rank party’s combat is huge.


“Understood. If〈Silver Ring〉agrees, I’d definitely like to participate.”


“Alright. I’ll talk to them when they return today.”


And just like that, my participation in my first subjugation request was decided.

◇◆◇


“Hey, old man, we’re heading out to wipe out that goblin settlement together.”


While I was eating in the dining hall, the young man, Kaim, who had just returned, called out to me.

Looking at him again, he had short brown hair and a solid build; fairly handsome.


“Oh, you accepted it? Thanks, that helps.”


“Well, it’s points for us too. And you don’t seem like you’d do anything weird.”


“Of course, I’ll follow your instructions. It’s my first subjugation request, after all.”


“That’s the fastest way to reach E-rank. We leave the day after tomorrow. Get ready tomorrow. Bring at least three potions, and three days’ worth of rations. Don’t forget a water flask. There’s a village along the way where you can refill.”


“Got it. What’s the schedule like?”


“First day, we travel close to the site. On the second morning, we wipe out the settlement, and if we can, we head straight back to Tolson. If not, we stay another night at the village.”


“I see. Anything else?”


“Well, we’ll be sleeping outside, so a cloak would be good. You’re a guy, so as long as you can eat and sleep, you’ll manage.”


“Alright. Thanks, I’ll prepare.”


“Yeah, see ya.”


Waving his hand, Kaim headed to his room. He really is the caring type. I was lucky he was the first person I met.

After finishing my meal, I returned to my room, fighting off the drowsiness that came as the price of waking up early.

◇◆◇

The next morning, I trained again before sunrise.

The Dark Metal rod is extremely useful. If I have the funds, I might buy another one.

But handling it requires caution.

When I carry it into the inn, the floor creaks noticeably. If I brought in two, the floor would probably collapse. Apparently, there are skills that can deal with that, but how many dungeon bosses you’d have to defeat to get one… only god knows.

Kaim and his group said they’d be resting today, but I headed to the Great Rock Dungeon. Right now, if I don’t gain as much experience as possible, the anxiety will get to me.

Of course, I plan to leave a bit early to prepare.

The third floor is completely manageable now. Goblins can be overwhelmed head-on; I can knock them all away with my mace before they even attack.

I don’t know how big the settlement will be, but at the very least, I won’t hold back Kaim’s E-rank party in combat.

On the way back, I suddenly thought of something and tried to see if I could acquire unarmed combat skills at my training spot (temp.).

The only martial arts I’ve done were a bit of kendo and judo in high school. But against monsters, striking-based combat would be more useful.

Repeating punching motions for an hour based on vague knowledge, my fists suddenly started moving smoothly.

I must have gained【Martial Arts】Lv.1.” I tried kicks as well, and after another hour, it became【Martial Arts】Lv.2.

Noticing the sun beginning to set, I hurried back to town.

Seeing improvement so clearly makes it enjoyable; training doesn’t feel like a burden at all. Maybe this is what those genius athletes mean when they say it’s fun.


——————
E/N:

This Ossan is also a workaholic though not as much as a certain someone! But that craziness is what makes an MC, MC.

Stay tuned!

——————

——————————
Check out my other translations -



——————————


Previous       Table of Contents       Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Seems the Convenience Store Clerk Ossan That Got Dragged Into the Teleportation of an Entire Class Will Make Use of the Leftover Skills the Heroes Didn’t Want and Become the Strongest

Soul Devourer of Infinite Growth ~ Stealing Physical Stats and Skills from Monsters and Hunters to Ultimately Slay a God Through Infinite Growth ~

Konbini Ossan Volume 1 Chapter 25 – Herb Gathering and Skill Imbuing